PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Cheap_Gear
August 21st, 2008, 08:52 PM
Just a quick howdy and intro.

Am 53 young years N.E. Ohio and have been piddling around with guitar for about 10 years. Have'nt had much in the way of formal lessons .

What I know which is not a lot I have taught myself from books dvds ,etc. I am advanced past the beginner stage and would consider myself a novice.

Recently have gotten a rejuvenated interest in advancing my skills .Learning blues scales , color chords,barre chords, inversions,etc.

I play acoustic mostly but recently purchased an electric .

This looks like a really neat site with lots of info. I look forward to participating in the various forums and sharing my experiences with
others.

warren0728
August 21st, 2008, 08:55 PM
welcome cheap_gear....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Robert
August 21st, 2008, 08:58 PM
Welcome! We all like cheap gear here. I think.

Cheap_Gear
August 21st, 2008, 09:21 PM
Welcome! We all like cheap gear here. I think.

It seemed an appropiate user name for me. :D

Guitars
Acoustics

Lotus L-80 Pawn shop special I purchased around 20 years ago for about 130dollars. Korean company I believe that went out of business.

Johnson JG-650-TN acoustic/electric. Paid 75.00 for it from previous owner.

Crestwood Model 2014-TVN acoustic/electric I got at a music shop about a year and half ago cost around 160.00

Electric

Fender Affinity Squier HSS Stat . Recent purchase . Came with gig bag and Fender G-Dec Jr. amp

Other Equip :
Stevens 16 watt practice amp .
Casio CTK-571 Keyboard
Teac A-2300SX 8-track reel-to-reel deck
Sony Mega-Storage 300 cd player
JVC Dual Deck Cassette Player/Recorder
Radio Shack dyamic microphone and stand
Altec Lansing 5.1 computer speaker system with 80 watt subwoofer

As you can see I have a lot of older equipment.

My next piece of gear I have my eye on is the M-Audio Fast Trac Ultra audio interface .

sunvalleylaw
August 21st, 2008, 11:25 PM
Welcome CG! I am sure you will find lots of practical ways to use your gear here. Enjoy!

player
August 21st, 2008, 11:46 PM

Am 53 young years N.E. Ohio and have been piddling around with guitar for about 10 years. Have'nt had much in the way of formal lessons .

What I know which is not a lot I have taught myself from books dvds ,etc. I am advanced past the beginner stage and would consider myself a novice.

Recently have gotten a rejuvenated interest in advancing my skills .Learning blues scales , color chords,barre chords, inversions,etc.

This looks like a really neat site with lots of info. I look forward to participating in the various forums and sharing my experiences with
others.
since you seem to like dvds may I suggest you try Roberts set they're excellent. BTWWelcometo the fret.I know you will like it here © take a peek here:http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_dvd/

Jipes
August 22nd, 2008, 03:44 AM
, color chords,barre chords, inversions,etc.

others.

Welcome on Board II'm sure you will get lots of great information here ;)

I'm also playing lot's of acoustic at the moment

tot_Ou_tard
August 22nd, 2008, 06:11 AM
Welcome!

What you'll find out here is that you still have to watch your wallet with cheap GAS as you might soon find your house filled with it ;).

evenkeel
August 23rd, 2008, 05:32 AM
Welcome to the gang. Nice to have another "acoustic guy". :D

just strum
August 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
Welcome CG, I'm a fellow NE Ohio resident.

Same area, same age. I'm over in Aurora, whereabouts are you. If you prefer not to post it, PM me.

I think you will find this forum useful and entertaining.

Missed this - welcome to the dark side.

Algonquin
August 24th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Welcome to the Fret!
Cheers :beer:

tot_Ou_tard
August 24th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Yeah, we've got cookies.

scgmhawk
August 24th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Welcome and cheers! :beer: I'm a big "cheap gear" fan myself!

thearabianmage
August 24th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Welcome!

Nothin wrong with cheap gear - it's how you use it :AOK:

mrmudcat
August 24th, 2008, 10:30 AM
welcome:beer:

just strum
August 24th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Yeah, we've got cookies.

yep, magic cookies.

street music
August 24th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Welcome CG.

ted s
August 24th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Welcome !

duhvoodooman
August 24th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Welcome, Cheap! That's a familar sounding story. I'm 57 myself and got back into the guitar about two and a half years ago. And we spend a lot of time here finding good values in inexpensive equipment, so you'll fit right in!! :AOK: :dude: :beer:

Brian Krashpad
August 25th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Welcome! Cheap gear has been getting better and better over the years. I have tons of it.

What's a color chord, btw?

Cheap_Gear
August 28th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Welcome CG, I'm a fellow NE Ohio resident.

Same area, same age. I'm over in Aurora, whereabouts are you. If you prefer not to post it, PM me.

I think you will find this forum useful and entertaining.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Strum I live up along the north coast in Lake County. Perry to be exact. I have been down your way a few times . Geauga Lake a few times. Don't know if you are a Browns fan or not but I'm chompin at the bit for the regular season to get underway ! :D Again thanks all for the welcome.:AOK:

luvmyshiner
August 28th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Welcome aboard CG!

Cheap_Gear
August 28th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Welcome! Cheap gear has been getting better and better over the years. I have tons of it.

What's a color chord, btw?

Color chords are just another name for open chords played up the neck in a chord progression ,while letting the open strings ring .The "color chords" add dimiension to the progression. Often they are power chords mixed in with triads.

just strum
August 28th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Strum I live up along the north coast in Lake County. Perry to be exact. I have been down your way a few times . Geauga Lake a few times. Don't know if you are a Browns fan or not but I'm chompin at the bit for the regular season to get underway ! :D Again thanks all for the welcome.:AOK:

Well, I work fairly close to you, I travel up to Painesville Monday through Friday and because of the drive, the town is appropriately named.

Yep, Geauga Lake is history, took all the rides out over the summer. I think the water park may still be there.

oldguy
September 12th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Welcome to TheFret!:)

tot_Ou_tard
September 12th, 2008, 07:59 PM
yep, magic cookies.
We do?!? Where?!?

Katastrophe
September 13th, 2008, 06:01 AM
We do?!? Where?!?

You don't need 'em, tot. You're magical enough as it is.:poke: :D

Welcome to TheFret, CG! We have a lot of fun here, and purchasing cheap gear is a must!:AOK: