PDA

View Full Version : New in October Issue of Guitar Player....

duhvoodooman
August 22nd, 2008, 12:29 PM
For you slide enthusiasts, the featured artist in the new October issue (got mine yesterday) is Sonny Landreth. And the Jazz feature is about--R_of_G alert! R_of_G alert!--Marc Ribot.

Bloozcat
August 22nd, 2008, 01:12 PM
My wife just rolled her eyes yesterday when we drove up to our mailbox in three feet of water and I said; "Yes!! The mail must go through, my new Guitar Player is in the mailbox!"

Now that mailman takes his mission seriously...:AOK:

R_of_G
August 22nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
I'll definitely be picking this one up. Ribot and Landreth in the same issue is a must read.:AOK:

tot_Ou_tard
August 22nd, 2008, 04:29 PM
Ribot and Landreth in the same issue is a must read.:AOK:

Most definitely!!!!

We'll see how long it takes me to get mine this time.

tot_Ou_tard
August 23rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
What'd'ya know I git mine today & it isn't even September...the threat of pitchforks must'a worked!

just strum
August 30th, 2008, 11:50 AM
What'd'ya know I git mine today & it isn't even September...the threat of pitchforks must'a worked!

Tot must of made some phone calls and bumped me, because mine just arrived yesterday.

R_of_G
September 25th, 2008, 11:54 AM
So I thought the Ribot article was pretty good (though it could have been a lot longer). My only complaint is that THEY SPELLED HIS NAME WRONG on the cover! In the article itself it is spelled correctly "Marc" but on the cover it is spelled "Mark".

Now, I don't expect that the graphic designer who lays out their covers has necessarily even heard of Marc (I work as a graphic designer and I know very little about the products about which I am making marketing material) but there must be an editor who looks at these things before sending it to print. :thwap: