PDA

View Full Version : A Very Special Thanks to Fellow Fretters

just strum
August 23rd, 2008, 12:13 PM
I was hesitant to post this, but there are people here that need to be recognized. Not in any specific order: Child Bride, Shiner, SPT, Dreadman, and Pike.

As noted in another thread, I was in the process of purchasing an acoustic guitar (that reminds me I have to add it to my sig). Well the guitar arrived and it is a joy to play. However, I could not get the payment information from SPT, he kept telling me that he would send me the address.

Well, a couple of days ago I found out that it was a gift from the people noted above. I would also like to thank Wingsdad, Shiner and CB, SPT for checking in by phone and e-mail to make sure all is well. Oh, and I would like to thank M29 for his support in a brief communication we had.

I had a preliminary diagnoses of possibly having MS. It is a very difficult disease to accurately diagnose and for that reason I have to go through additional tests. I already had an MRI (one of the photos was my previous avatar) and I am scheduled for more tests Monday and then again the middle of September.

I want to say that I am doing ok and certainly did not deserve or earn the kindness and concern that is being bestowed on me by some fellow fretters.

Before anyone sends me well wishes, the purpose of the post is to recognize some great fellow fretters. If you are to add to this thread, please let it be in praise of them and people like them. :bravo: :beer: :bravo:

Oh, just so you know, Dreadman and Pike are better known at the Washburn forum, but have made visits here too.

tjcurtin1
August 23rd, 2008, 01:29 PM
"Aint it just like a human - here comes that rainbow again!"

Anyone who knows this Kris Kristofferson song (I know it from Leo Kottke/Emmylou Harris version) will know why I'm quoting it.

Best wishes/blessings on all of you. Strum, you got a lot of us in your court sending you the best possible vibe. Keep playing my friend - music is great medicine, second only to Nature herself.

duhvoodooman
August 23rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Wow, very nice gesture folks! :bravo: :beer: :bravo:

And Strum--hang in there, buddy. You know we're all pullin' for ya! :AOK: :dude: Hope those tests just show you're CRAZY, which we all knew anyway...

warren0728
August 23rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
there really are some really great people on this board... :bravo:

hang in there buddy....i'm sending some major mojo your way! :beer: :pancake:

ww

aeolian
August 23rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it being a false reading. But like they say "If life gives you a lemon, make lemonade." With your sense of humor, things will turn out fine.

just strum
August 23rd, 2008, 03:44 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it being a false reading. But like they say "If life gives you a lemon, make lemonade." With your sense of humor, things will turn out fine.

Oh the sense of humor is still there - I'm thinking about trading in some guitars for one of these.

http://www.rascalscooters.com/index.cfm/mobility/products.convertablelanding

However, the focus is on the people I mentioned.

tot_Ou_tard
August 23rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
:AOK: Not in any specific order: Child Bride, Shiner, SPT, Dreadman, and Pike. :AOK:

I have a good friend with MS. Yes, it is a hard disease to diagnose.

Good luck Strummy!

luvmyshiner
August 23rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
Hey, SPT is the man of the hour here. He's the one who emailed us and put it all together. I just don't want anyone getting the wrong idea and start thinkin' I'm a nice guy or something. I can assure you I'm a SOB and I can provide you with the phone numbers of several ex-wives who will confirm it.

Continued prayers from the Shiner house Strum.

tot_Ou_tard
August 23rd, 2008, 04:21 PM
I can assure you I'm a SOB and I can provide you with the phone numbers of several ex-wives who will confirm it.

Alright, cough up those numbers Old Man! I want the dirt!

I've got all the folx on my planet sending mojo who-like chez Strum.

Rocket
August 23rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
I have a good friend with MS.
I have MS Vista... can I get a freebie too? (Actually, anyone using Vista SHOULD be getting something of great value from MS!)

just strum
August 23rd, 2008, 04:31 PM
I have MS Vista... can I get a freebie too? (Actually, anyone using Vista SHOULD be getting something of great value from MS!)

There you go, send some mojo to this waterlogged ole fart.

street music
August 23rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Best wishes to you Strum, let us hope they are wrong, if they are right YOU CAN BEAT IT with the good friends around here. My hat is off to those responsible for the kind gift to JUST STRUM.

luvmyshiner
August 23rd, 2008, 05:18 PM
Alright, cough up those numbers Old Man! I want the dirt!

Ok, number #1 and number #2. Number 3 has only been with me 9 years, so she still thinks I'm ok.:D

just strum
August 23rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Ok, number #1 and number #2. Number 3 has only been with me 9 years, so she still thinks I'm ok.:D

pssst, she's drunk.

sumitomo
August 23rd, 2008, 05:39 PM
Well I lift all those you mentioned in praise and to let ya know Strum that I can soop up that rascal if ya want,but don't come back on me when ya get speeding tickets.Sumi:D

luvmyshiner
August 23rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
pssst, she's drunk.

I certainly hope so. If she ever sobers up I'm in a buttload of trouble.:thwap:

Went back and double checked it on my fingers, it's only been eight years. That might explain why she still hangs around.:beer:

just strum
August 23rd, 2008, 05:52 PM
Went back and double checked it on my fingers, it's only been eight years. That might explain why she still hangs around.:beer:

Also explains why you think you've only been married 3 times.

luvmyshiner
August 23rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
Also explains why you think you've only been married 3 times.

Oh s**t, I think you might be right Strummy. I better find that notebook where I keep all the Divorce Decrees and make sure that number is right.:thwap:

tot_Ou_tard
August 23rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
Number 3 has only been with me 9 years, so she still thinks I'm ok.:D
That's not what she tells us via PM.

Childbride
August 23rd, 2008, 07:09 PM
Nov 5, 2000. going on eight years. remember the night, the circumstances, and why i married him in the first place.

he's kinda the only person in the universe who completely and totally gets 'me'.

Strummy, not quite buzzed yet. but that may change before the night's over.

play the hell out of her... :D

ET335
August 23rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
I agree Strum...what a wonderful thing they have done and should be praised for it.
My Prayer's are with you and hope that all the test's turn out to be negative.:AOK:

thearabianmage
August 24th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Fair play to everyone for sortin that out! What a most excellent gesture of kindness. :AOK:

Strum, I'm sure you'll be fine. :rockon: :dude: :beer:

M29
August 24th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Prayers and Mojo going your way strum. God Bless you. What a great group of Fretters we have here:AOK:

M29

ted s
August 24th, 2008, 12:14 PM
What a great and thoughtful gesture ! Good on you folks !
Here's good thoughts coming your way Strum.

evenkeel
August 24th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Very, Very nicely done to all involved. :master: :bravo:

Mr. Strum, With all this good karma heading your way I'm sure all will be well.

mrmudcat
August 24th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I agree!! Peace brother:dude:

Katastrophe
August 24th, 2008, 07:51 PM
This is why I love this forum... Shiner, spt, Pike, Dreadman, y'all done good.

As for the possible diagnosis, be sure to get a second or third opinion if necessary.

PM's available if you need to unload, Strum.

Kazz
August 25th, 2008, 05:01 AM
This kind of stuff is why I have stuck around the other forum for a while and this one...my guitar playing sucks and my practice time is considerably limited these days with a 2 (almost 3 year old) and a wife that demands most of my free time.

The generosity of some of the people is astounding. Congrats to the guys who helped to make Strum's day better....and you are in my thoughts and prayers friend.

Brian Krashpad
August 25th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Good on 'em! :bravo:

(And prayers and mojo to you.)

sunvalleylaw
August 25th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Good on 'em! :bravo:

(And prayers and mojo to you.)

Concur on both counts! :bravo:

just strum
August 25th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments and thoughts. i received a few PM's that were uplifting.

All of you are the ones that deserve a round of :beer: and :bravo:

And Rocket, I sure hope you find a cure for the Vista, probably one of the worse forms of MS - a lot of people here will tell you MAC, but what a burger has to do with the cure is beyond me.