PDA

View Full Version : Video demo of Steve Vai's new Ibanez Jemini pedal

warren0728
August 24th, 2008, 11:44 AM
i always like artists that don't take themselves to seriously...this is a pretty funny demo of vai's new gemini distortion pedal...

JjUCA2uZ7Iw

ww

marnold
August 24th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Steve Vai rules. That's a lot of effort going into making a demo video for a pedal. I dread to think how much that'll cost.

warren0728
August 24th, 2008, 12:18 PM
i thought it was funny when he called himself a "wanker".... :rotflmao:

ww

marnold
August 24th, 2008, 12:23 PM
i thought it was funny when he called himself a "wanker".... :rotflmao:
Actually, I was awaiting for a crack like that or maybe "Way to suck in your cheeks, pretty boy."

warren0728
August 24th, 2008, 12:27 PM
yep....and the way he would roll his eyes or make faces when watching himself play....pretty darn funny....

the "jack butler" crossroads reference was pretty funny too!

ww

mrmudcat
August 24th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Warren awesome thread VAI rules.I so want this pedal!:beer:

Oh yea how about them carvins!!!!:master:

warren0728
August 24th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Oh yea how about them carvins!!!!:master:
yeah those are some sweet amps! :beer:

ww

Spudman
August 24th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Great video. Thanks for posting it Warren.

Steve has had a Boss DS1 on his board for years so I'm guessing that one side of this pedal will be similar to the higher quality Japanese DS1 he's been using.

This might be a pedal worth checking out. I like the 2 in 1 concept. It makes a lot of sense. My Fulldrive 2 is a bit like that in that it has 2 stages, regular drive and a switch for a boost but it's only the same sound just louder and this new pedal has two different sounds...but didn't Boss kind of do this with the OD-20 (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-OD20-Drive-Zone-Twin-Pedal-wCOSM?sku=151427&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0)?

Jimi75
August 25th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Vai has his very own kind of humor. Very funny.
I have already read a review on the pedal about one month ago and it sounded very interesting. I could imagine using such a pedal.

:bravo:

Tone2TheBone
August 25th, 2008, 09:39 AM
He makes me rethink about Chorus. Cool distorto pedal though.

marnold
August 25th, 2008, 12:39 PM
In the "great minds think alike" department, I noticed that Satriani's relatively new Satchurator pedal uses a similar dual-gain setup.

hubberjub
August 25th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Steve has had a Boss DS1 on his board for years so I'm guessing that one side of this pedal will be similar to the higher quality Japanese DS1 he's been using.

The DS1 he was using was modded by Analogman (I know he used the original prior to that). I have the same Analogman DS1 and it didn't make me play nearly as well as Vai. The pedal must be defective since it couldn't be me. :confused:

mrmudcat
August 25th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I have a ds1 ,everyone should. Mine was modded by our own voodooman with a monte allum kit .Monte is a good person(met him at the crossroads church and he we lived real close to each other in M.S.) and makes great pedal mods.I know of someone who is getting a ds1 real real soon maybe she ..uhhh I mean he will buy a kit and do the same mod ,it is good.:dude: ;)

http://www.monteallums.com/

just strum
August 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Love Ibanez

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/38b2_12.jpg

mrmudcat
August 25th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Sure the hell reminds me of a gemini:master:

Many believe that physically, individuals born with an ascendant of Gemini tend to have a straight and narrow nose, long limbs, slim, petite, of average or below average height, a well-proportioned chin, high cheekbones, pointy features, a wide mouth and long fingers Also very big ta ta's:AOK:

warren0728
August 25th, 2008, 05:29 PM
yep....twins....definitely twins! :pancake: :beer:

ww

Spudman
August 25th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Hey! That's an S. I wanna see her S right now.

Love Ibanez

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/38b2_12.jpg

Rocket
August 25th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Strum... overcompensating again!

Jipes
August 26th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Thanks Waren that's a great video humor is a very rare quality ;) BTW I think the left Steve plays better than the right one :D

Sblack
August 26th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Awesome Vai concept! This is so creative and typical of Steve's sense of humor. Great post.

duhvoodooman
August 26th, 2008, 02:55 PM
In the "great minds think alike" department, I noticed that Satriani's relatively new Satchurator pedal uses a similar dual-gain setup.
I suppose now if Petrucci or Malmsteen or Gilbert would come out with a signature model dual-gain distortion stomper, you could buy one of each and have the "ultimate G3 pedalboard". Or sumthin'.... :whatever: ;)