PDA

View Full Version : Robert result at Quebec Marathon

Blaze
August 25th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Here s the link to see Robert result at Quebec marathon ..He is pretty much on top of the list,wow!
..Sorry that i m too busy to get intouch with you ,Robert..

Bravo Robert..:master:

http://www.sportstats.ca/display-results.php?lang=eng&racecode=42929

Blazes (Quebec City)

warren0728
August 25th, 2008, 07:58 AM
good job robert.... :bravo:

hope you have some pics....

ww

sunvalleylaw
August 25th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Wow Robert! Nice result! And that was really nice of you to post that Blazes. Thanks!

Katastrophe
August 25th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Wow, Robert, I'm pretty sure that I couldn't make that time on a bicycle.

Congrats!

Great find, Blazes, and thanks for posting the results!

luvmyshiner
August 25th, 2008, 12:32 PM
WOW! That is impressive. Number 14 out of 1141 runners. Congrats Robert.

tot_Ou_tard
August 25th, 2008, 12:38 PM
WOW! That is impressive. Number 14 out of 1141 runners. Congrats Robert.
He has a genetic advantge...freakishly large veins.

M29
August 25th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Whoa-nellie Robert that is great! Congrats:AOK:

M29

Gil Janus
August 25th, 2008, 12:57 PM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb33/giljanus/Tiny/KeepOnTruckin-1.jpg

Gil :cool: :AOK:

Spudman
August 25th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Robert is nothing but pure stud!
Way to go amigo. :bravo:

ted s
August 25th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Nice going Robert ! Very impressive !

street music
August 25th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Congrats Rob!

Robert
August 27th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Thanks guys! I just came home from the airport, and it's late. I will say that it was the most difficult last part of a race that I can remember ever doing. I'll fill you in on the details later (need some zzzz's now).

Jimi75
August 27th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Just checked the results.

RESPECT Robert!

I could only dream of running a marathon in such a good time!

:bravo:

duhvoodooman
August 27th, 2008, 05:14 AM
WOW!!!! Truly impressive there, RR! :bravo: :beer: :bravo:

tot_Ou_tard
August 27th, 2008, 05:30 AM
WOW!!!! Truly impressive there, RR! :bravo: :beer: :bravo:
All the more so because he was playing blues licks on his Squier 51 with a VOX DA20 strapped to his back.

Robert
August 28th, 2008, 07:32 AM
The race went okay in the beginning. It was a slight head wind, and we started at 8:30 on the south side of the river. I ran according to my plan, at about 2:45 projected pace. Then between 22 and 27 km was a long climb up to the bridge. It was quite hard, since this climb was 5 km long, but I still felt good and passed others. At this point, I believe I was around 5th place actually.

Then on the other side of the bridge, I was beginning to feel a bit tired, but not too bad. With 12 km left to run, we were now suddenly in direct sunlight, and that faint wind was in our back, which means there was effectively no cooling effect at all. I had to slow down, as the heat index (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_index) was getting towards 34 degrees and beyond...

From here, on it quickly got progressively worse. I had to slow to a jog, as the heat became unbearable. There was water every 4 km, but that was not enough. I needed it every 500 meters! I saw several people who had bonked and were being treated by EMS on the side of the road.

So, my hope for a good finish time was out of reach. At this point, it was all about getting to the finish without collapsing. At the end, I was not even able to jog at 5:30/km.

This was the hardest last part of a marathon I have ever done. It was just too darn hot. Tip - don't run marathons in extreme heat! :eek:

The weather had been rainy and miserable all summer, the locals said. Go figure - just my luck. They were happy for the nice weather. I'd take the rain instead of sun and heat any time when I'm running a marathon.

I am going to try a marathon again a week and a half from now, in Regina, Saskatchewan. I want that sub 2:50 marathon!

On a sad note, one person passed away this day, probably due to the extreme heat.

Robert
September 4th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Here are photos - https://www.marasport.ca/cgi-bin/client.pl?1088/mar_eng

Just type in "renman" in the last name field and take a look at someone in pain and suffering badly.... :)

sunvalleylaw
September 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Bobby "Veins" Renman for president! Those are some good photo ops. Way to go for finishing through all that pain!