PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Smith Guitars - new website

Mr Grumpy
August 26th, 2008, 04:37 AM
www.gordonsmithguitars.com

New website for Gordon Smith Guitars - slicker and more up to date than the old one, but sadly my GS1.5-40 no longer figures in the range. Still, that means there are probably only 2 in the world with mine being the first one...........its definitely a keeper now.:AOK:

I still want a graduate - and the thinline tele looks NICE.

Brian Krashpad
August 26th, 2008, 01:25 PM
'Bout bloody time!

I've actually finally seen a GS with P-90's! Too bad it's a flash site so one can't link to the pics.

Here in the States in all my years of gigging, and going to shows and music stores, I've seen exactly one Gordon Smith.

Mr Grumpy
August 26th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Im sure if you REALLY fancy one that if you contact them (via the distributor, Fairplay, chap called Dave McCauley) they might discuss shipping one to the US. I went to them direct and not through a dealer. Might not be a great financial idea with the exchange rate/shipping but think of the speciality factor of having one in the US (and they DO sound fantastic, pro quality - their in house pickups are tremendous). Evilbay might be worth a look as they go for incredible prices used (people dont have a clue about quality it seems, just brand names). I want a graduate and would take one over a LP. The necks are very distinctive and comfy, a wide (45mm nut) slim compound radius flat U profile. Im also a bit sad they dropped the 'Graf' single cut from the range.

Its a pity Im not good enough to get the best out of mine.....

skewedsound
October 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I'm loving the new look of the GS website. I always thought the old layout didn't quite show the guitars at their best, but the new design certainly makes me want to add to my beloved Graduate Slimline. Those thinline Tele's really are quite appealing - hmmmm...
About U.S shipping I'm pretty sure that they would ship to the U.S themselves. And from personal experience their customer support is truly excellent.
The build quality, tone, action and even the understated look of these machines is truly something to be admired. It plays better than any Gibson LP, or even Yamaha SG that I've tried and the neck is a beautiful fit in the hand.
Hmmmm.... I thought GAS was meant to dissipate after a recent purchase...