PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Pink Floyd: Astronomy Domine

Big_Rob
August 26th, 2008, 12:03 PM
After they play the video there is an interview with Syd and Roger that is pretty informative.

ts-2lg5fpQ4

warren0728
August 26th, 2008, 12:51 PM
cool video....i didn't know inspector clouseau was doing interviews :rotflmao:

ww

Spudman
August 26th, 2008, 12:52 PM
"it's a regression towards childhood...but then why not?"

Cool clip. I hadn't seen that one. The interview is priceless. Thanks for posting it Big Rob.

marnold
August 26th, 2008, 01:06 PM
The interesting thing (to me) is that the first time I heard this song, it was a cover done by Voivod of all groups.
3hhP9ZGHTEQ

Funny, actually I thought the guy doing the interview/comments at the beginning was Captain Condescending. Of course in the interest of full disclosure Pink Floyd (especially Syd-era) has always been a group that I can only take in small doses.

Big_Rob
August 27th, 2008, 07:35 AM
The interesting thing (to me) is that the first time I heard this song, it was a cover done by Voivod of all groups.
3hhP9ZGHTEQ

Funny, actually I thought the guy doing the interview/comments at the beginning was Captain Condescending. Of course in the interest of full disclosure Pink Floyd (especially Syd-era) has always been a group that I can only take in small doses.

I met them (voivod) back in the day of their first album, pretty cool bunch of guys

Katastrophe
August 28th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Gee, I guess the interviewer wasn't a Floyd fan, eh? Roger and a still lucid Syd handled that quite well, I think.

I had heard the Voivod version as well, and thought they did an awesome job!