PDA

View Full Version : First Day of School

Squireman131
August 26th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Hmm so this was my first day of officially being a junior. Not quite what i expected. My classes are all pretty easy besides English and math. My favorite class so far has to be architectural design(trying to become a architect). I have a thing where i like to work by myself on things just so im not weighted down by others and in this class i know more then the teacher does about the actual programs which is nice so im basically left to myself to finish blueprints and houses. Plus the teacher is a pretty cool guy and only cracks down when he has to. Other then that class and possibly jazz band the rest are just classes i need to have so i just get my work done not really delving to deep in the subjects. Then i have music theory Mondays Tuesdays and Fridays so that will help the guitar work.

Tone2TheBone
August 26th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Hey cool, glad it's not so bad. My oldest daughter is a Junior too this year and she loves it...ironically. She has AP Biology, AP English III, AP Algebra II, and Journalism. She's been keeping up with everything and is surprised that it's not as rough as it was last year. I also took architectural drafting in school and played trumpet and bass guitar in jazz band. Keep doing your best!

Algonquin
August 26th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Help me out here Gents... is a 'Junior' someone in grade 9?

Squireman131
August 26th, 2008, 04:48 PM
freshman-9th grade
sophomore- 10th
junior 11th
senior-12th

Algonquin
August 26th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks very much... learn something new everyday! (It's not difficult when you know as little as I do :D )

My daughter starts High School next Tuesday (Freshman) and is pretty excited about it.

Good luck in your Junior Year!

just strum
August 26th, 2008, 05:37 PM
My daughter started her Junior year today also. She came home hit me up for $100 for a TI Graphing calculator and $400 for a trip to Chicago (or as Brian would say "Five Benjamin's"). Guess who's not getting Lucille, or another Dot anytime soon.

Good luck there S-man

Rocket
August 26th, 2008, 07:07 PM
My daughter started her Junior year today also. She came home hit me up for $100 for a TI Graphing calculator and $400 for a trip to Chicago (or as Brian would say "Five Benjamin's"). Guess who's not getting Lucille, or another Dot anytime soon.

Good luck there S-man
You could always tell her no... and then tell her to get a job and earn money for the things she wants.
It's the American way, (or used to be before everyone started spoiling the kids.)

hubberjub
August 26th, 2008, 07:24 PM
You could always tell her no... and then tell her to get a job and earn money for the things she wants.
It's the American way, (or used to be before everyone started spoiling the kids.)

You certainly are an angry little man. I don't see how buying your child a calculator for school or giving them the opportunity to go on a school trip could be counted as spoiling them. Buying a 16 year old a new BMW might be crossing the line a bit. Providing a child with the tools needed to succeed and giving them the opportunity to gain cultural knowledge is something every parent should strive for.

Rocket
August 26th, 2008, 08:15 PM
You certainly are an angry little man.
I'm not angry... What gave you that impression? You seem angry though.
(Note how I'm NOT calling you names?)

hubberjub
August 26th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I see no problem calling you angry. It's not meant as an insult. Most of your posts are very negative. I just wonder why that is. Feel free to call me whatever you like.

Rocket
August 26th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Feel free to call me whatever you like.
I don't need to.

I also didn't know that you are the new forum enforcer that is tasked to decide for everybody whose opinions are of value to the thread discussions and whose are not... sorry for not recognizing the new title.
I'll be sure to be more careful in the future,

ted s
August 26th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Schools starts this week in the US ? Next week up here.

Tone2TheBone
August 26th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I don't need to.

I also didn't know that you are the new forum enforcer that is tasked to decide for everybody whose opinions are of value to the thread discussions and whose are not... sorry for not recognizing the new title.
I'll be sure to be more careful in the future,

I think you might be confusing the bolded name from hubberjub, him being a contributing member, as a forum moderator? The forum moderators have the word "Moderator" in bold text underneath their member names.

Rocket
August 26th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I think you might be confusing the bolded name from hubberjub, him being a contributing member, as a forum moderator? The forum moderators have the word "Moderator" in bold text underneath their member names.
I understand both the hierarchy and the irony...

sunvalleylaw
August 26th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Ok, let's move along please. Squireman131 seemed to have a good start to his school year. I hope everyone else who has someone in school in their family is having a good start to the year.

bigoldron
August 27th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Ya'll think the junior year is expensive, try having a senior daughter! Already been hit up for senior portraits, graduation invitations, and it's just getting started... :thwap:

BTW, Squire, you're lucky 'cause we're in our 5th week of school. Stupid year-round calendar! :messedup: :mad:

pes_laul
August 27th, 2008, 09:05 PM

Good luck there S-man
yeah I kinda cant find mine and hopefully I find it soon because my dad wont be to happy about it.

bigoldron
August 27th, 2008, 09:20 PM
yeah I kinda cant find mine and hopefully I find it soon because my dad wont be to happy about it.

I see "Ebay" in your future... :messedup:

Tone2TheBone
August 28th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I hope your dad doesn't play and doesn't read forums dude. ;) Good luck finding your missing thing!