PDA

View Full Version : BS Covers for your gear

Spudman
August 26th, 2008, 04:48 PM
I recently got a cover for my Hughes and Kettner Edition 20 amp and it was no simple task to find one. In fact I have the very first cover ever made for that amp by BS Covers http://www.bscovers.com/.

I looked all over the web and nobody had one pre made specifically for that amp so my search led me to BS Covers. They offer to make one off covers if you provide accurate dimensions (cool). So that's what I did. I measured everything up and then emailed them the figures. A few hours later I get an email back saying to check my measurements. They were right. I was slightly off. What I had done is measure the amp handle placement from the edges of the cabinet but when I measured the over all dimensions I measured from the corner protectors and there was a significant difference because those corner protectors are thick.

I emailed them again with the revised figures and got another email back asking if the amp was trapezoidal (thinner at the top than the bottom). Sure enough they got that one right as well. I didn't even notice. So once again I remeasure and send in the updated figures along with a Paypal payment. No more emails from them. Hmmmm. Did they give up on me?

Approximately 1 week later I receive a very heavy duty abrasion resistant black cover that is embroidered with "H&K Edition 20" tastefully small in white at the bottom of the cover and guess what? It fit perfectly!

Kudos to BS Covers for a custom job well done and reasonable prices.:AOK:

Algonquin
August 26th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I guess not too many amps come with a cover from the manufacturer anymore. I believe a vinyl jobbie came with my JC's when I bought them... I'll have to have a looksie if I can find them.

Good find :AOK:

hubberjub
August 26th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Not to hijack the thread but I just picked up this for my Soldano.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gator-G-112A-Rolling-Amp-Transporter?sku=545854 I got mine new on Ebay for about $120 shipped. It's heavier duty than it looks. It's reinforced all around and you can use it as an amp stand at a gig. It's got a retractable luggage style handle and wheels too. For the money I thought it was great.

duhvoodooman
August 26th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Oops, I read that thread title wrong. Thought you said "BS covers for your ears". Which should be required equipment around here. Particularly when I post one of my techno-treatises. Though I guess it would really be for the eyes, since we read here, not listen. Well, sometimes we listen....

See what I mean ? :D

Tone2TheBone
August 26th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Oops, I read that thread title wrong. Thought you said "BS covers for your ears". Which should be required equipment around here. Particularly when I post one of my techno-treatises. Though I guess it would really be for the eyes, since we read here, not listen. Well, sometimes we listen....

See what I mean ? :D

LMAO I thought the same thing Voo! Cool score Spud. I outta order something nice for my Jubilee because even Marshall in all it's glory only supplied me with a cheapo clear plastic cover for my amph long time ago. I don't even know what happened to that cover. I think it crumpled up and dried up.

sunvalleylaw
August 26th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Good review hombre! As you know, I got a marble brown pleather dust cover embroidered proudly with the Peavey logo with my amph. If I moved it around a ton, I would look into something like this.

kiteman
August 28th, 2008, 08:26 AM
That's a good site to bookmark Spudman. Those guys sound like they know their stuff. Good job. :)

Spudman
August 28th, 2008, 11:18 AM
They just emailed me and asked if I would take and send them a picture of the cover on the amph. I don't get it but I think I'll do it any way.:confused: :)

Gil Janus
August 28th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I too have bookmarked them. They look somewhat more reasonable than some other cover makers - and I like they way they look. And it's cool that they embroider each cover with the model of what amp the cover if intended to cover.

Congrats on finding a good supplier.

Gil :cool:

Charvel San Dimas
May 1st, 2010, 02:50 PM
They took my money, no responses to e-mail and shipped nothing. NOW only to find this is a chronic problem. Need's to B reported to the TX AG's office for fraud.

Spudman
May 1st, 2010, 04:23 PM
They took my money, no responses to e-mail and shipped nothing. NOW only to find this is a chronic problem. Need's to B reported to the TX AG's office for fraud.

You don't tell us how long it has been or if you have called them. A call was simple for me. Check there and then get back to us.

ZMAN
May 2nd, 2010, 07:08 AM
Hey Spud, maybe a dumb questions but why do you need an amp cover.
Of course that question is from a guy who does not gig, or move his amps.
I have covers for most of my amps and they are neatly folded in the closet.
The Marshall cover is still in the garage due to the ridiculous smoke smell.
Are they for looks or do they actually give some protection.

Spudman
May 2nd, 2010, 08:32 AM
Are they for looks or do they actually give some protection.

When they are being transported crammed into a vehicle with a bunch of other gear there is a tendency for the covering on the amp to get gouged or torn. A cover helps prevent this. When I was on the road full time I used hard cases for my amph and 30 years later it still looks almost new. Soft covers help but not to the degree that hard cases will.

If your amps never leave the house you might not ever need a cover. If you travel with your amp then I recommend a cover.

ZMAN
May 2nd, 2010, 12:30 PM
I guess that makes sense. I use car covers for my muscle cars and it saves a lot of garage scratches for sure.

t_ross33
May 3rd, 2010, 08:58 PM
These (http://www.coveramp.com/index.aspx?ln=EN)look nice... might spring for one for my Traynor... fitting a Canuck cover for a Canuck amp. Eh?

sunvalleylaw
May 3rd, 2010, 09:29 PM
Are they for looks or do they actually give some protection. I have gigged very little. When I have, I do like the amph covered for transport.

But at home, I just got used to having the cover on my Peavey (one came with it) and when I got my Fender, that big, vintage, front grill looked like a tear waiting to happen at my house full of kids and dogs. See here:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/FenderConcert-1.jpg

So I got one of these:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/ampcover.jpg

From here: http://store.amplifiercovers.com/products.html (note fender combo cover pictured upper right) These guys were great to deal with, reasonable, and fast.

I got vintage brown with brown piping. I like having the piping as it seems to make the cover hold its shape better. It is very similar to the one that came with my Peavey, but was sewn to fit the amp perfectly, angled control panel included. I feel better leaving for work knowing it is covered up. :AOK

The Peavey cover that got me hooked is pictured here:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/C-30jpg.jpg

Charvel San Dimas
May 4th, 2010, 09:14 AM
You don't tell us how long it has been or if you have called them. A call was simple for me. Check there and then get back to us.

they don't list a phone number - U got one?

Spudman
May 4th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Send them an email and ask for it. It used to be on the site but I see now that it isn't.

Charvel San Dimas
May 4th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Send them an email and ask for it. It used to be on the site but I see now that it isn't.

its been over a month. I have sent them two emails. NO response whatsoever.

I would not recommend anyone order anything from them. They're customer support is abominable. And as far as I can tell - e-mail is the ONLY way to contact them - and they DO NOT RESPOND.

I mean - did they go bankrupt/out-of-business and still take money from unsuspecting customers?? (i.e. reason why no phone number is listed in TX anywhere, much less their website)

Robert
May 4th, 2010, 02:29 PM
This one looks comprehensive too - http://store.amplifiercovers.com/ although I have never dealt with them.

Charvel San Dimas
May 5th, 2010, 12:15 PM
OK - so paypal got my money back.

BUT - I went on ebay and found one of their items tried to buy it (not really, but just up to the point of no return) and this is what it said:

bscovers
Transaction Blocked
We're sorry, but the seller of this item is unable to receive funds at this time.
Where can we take you?

Looks like they R out of business.

Spudman
May 5th, 2010, 01:54 PM
OK - so paypal got my money back.

BUT - I went on ebay and found one of their items tried to buy it (not really, but just up to the point of no return) and this is what it said:

bscovers
Transaction Blocked
We're sorry, but the seller of this item is unable to receive funds at this time.
Where can we take you?

Looks like they R out of business.

Either that or because of your dispute they are temporarily blocked.

Charvel San Dimas
May 6th, 2010, 11:46 AM
not sure - my transaction was through their website using paypal. I also noticed the paypal is no longer on their website.

The above message is from ebay. I'm impressed if my paypal dispute caused ebay to cut them off, but I doubt the two R related.

Still have received no e-mail response. oh well - at least I got my money back.

C.HANGER
June 4th, 2010, 02:55 AM
not sure - my transaction was through their website using paypal. I also noticed the paypal is no longer on their website.

The above message is from ebay. I'm impressed if my paypal dispute caused ebay to cut them off, but I doubt the two R related.

I too ordered covers from BS Covers online (May 4, 2010) based on satisfied customer posts online, their great prices, and what appears to be great quality product, but like Charvel never received the covers or a response from BS Covers to my inquiries, and PayPal has now credited my charge card back the cost of the order.

(Unfortunately I didn't find Charvel's posts here until after I'd placed my order so had to wait til end of the month giving BS Covers time to respond before PayPal could confirm the charge back.)

Same response as Charvel via PayPal: "The company is unable to respond at this time." Perhaps BS Covers has shut down or suffered some other issue affecting their operation at this time (tho their website still appears to be accepting orders). Even with much searching I too was unable to find any phone number listed for the company.

So, for the present moment, I would recommend NOT placing an order with BS Covers, unless you can confirm they are back in full operation and able to respond accordingly. Too bad really, as looked like they made a fine product.

(Likely now going to purchase from either D2fcovers.com - very fast turn around and you don't pay until the covers are made and shipped, or maybe use amplifiercovers.com as they already have templates for my Roland SA300 system.)

Spudman
June 4th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks for that info C Hangar. Much appreciated.

sunvalleylaw
June 4th, 2010, 09:39 AM
I have gigged very little. When I have, I do like the amph covered for transport.

But at home, I just got used to having the cover on my Peavey (one came with it) and when I got my Fender, that big, vintage, front grill looked like a tear waiting to happen at my house full of kids and dogs.

So I got one of these:

From here: http://store.amplifiercovers.com/products.html (note fender combo cover pictured upper right) These guys were great to deal with, reasonable, and fast.

I got vintage brown with brown piping. I like having the piping as it seems to make the cover hold its shape better. It is very similar to the one that came with my Peavey, but was sewn to fit the amp perfectly, angled control panel included. I feel better leaving for work knowing it is covered up. :AOK

Just bumping this because these folks were good too.

Kazz
June 14th, 2010, 04:44 AM

Don't be impressed....Ebay owns Paypal.

texxlok
June 22nd, 2011, 04:41 PM
its been over a month. I have sent them two emails. NO response whatsoever.

I would not recommend anyone order anything from them. They're customer support is abominable. And as far as I can tell - e-mail is the ONLY way to contact them - and they DO NOT RESPOND.

I mean - did they go bankrupt/out-of-business and still take money from unsuspecting customers?? (i.e. reason why no phone number is listed in TX anywhere, much less their website)

Okay... So, I've seen a few people trashing BS Covers on here (www.bscovers.com), talking about how they took their money and PayPal had to get it back and how they couldn't order from them on eBay, but received a message that they could not receive funds at this time. I've been dealing with these guys for for the past 6 years and I know exactly why these things happened... About a year ago (when most of these messages were posted), PayPal did not forward several customer order and payments to BS Covers, as they were supposed to. They tried to explain this to a couple of customers, who contacted PayPal. Of course, PayPal didn't admit any guilt in the matter, making it appear to be BS Covers' fault. The customers kept emailing them over and over. So, it was necessary for them to ignore many of these messages and let the customers work things out with PayPal... The one's who actually had their money. Of course, BS Covers got a bad rap from this incident. But, this was when they told PayPal to f*ck off and set up credit card processing through First Data (formerly Cardservice International... one of the most reputable credit card processing companies in the country). That's why they accepted PayPal on their website one day and didn't the next and also why they were briefly unable to sell items on eBay. Since then, they have also told eBay to f*ck off because of their relationship with PayPal, which should get eBay sued by the government under federal anti-trust laws. Like I said... I have been a customer of BS Covers (www.bscovers.com) for 6 years and they always deliver a great product at a great price. So, instead of showing your ignorance and trashing a good company, you should trash eBay and PayPal... Do a search on them and see how many people they have screwed. Before they closed their eBay Store, BS Covers had like 3000 positive feedbacks.... That's 3000 happy customers... You don't get that by screwing people over!

oldguy
June 22nd, 2011, 06:01 PM
Okay... So, I've seen a few people trashing BS Covers on here (www.bscovers.com), talking about how they took their money and PayPal had to get it back and how they couldn't order from them on eBay, but received a message that they could not receive funds at this time. I've been dealing with these guys for for the past 6 years and I know exactly why these things happened... About a year ago (when most of these messages were posted), PayPal did not forward several customer order and payments to BS Covers, as they were supposed to. They tried to explain this to a couple of customers, who contacted PayPal. Of course, PayPal didn't admit any guilt in the matter, making it appear to be BS Covers' fault. The customers kept emailing them over and over. So, it was necessary for them to ignore many of these messages and let the customers work things out with PayPal... The one's who actually had their money. Of course, BS Covers got a bad rap from this incident. But, this was when they told PayPal to f*ck off and set up credit card processing through First Data (formerly Cardservice International... one of the most reputable credit card processing companies in the country). That's why they accepted PayPal on their website one day and didn't the next and also why they were briefly unable to sell items on eBay. Since then, they have also told eBay to f*ck off because of their relationship with PayPal, which should get eBay sued by the government under federal anti-trust laws. Like I said... I have been a customer of BS Covers (www.bscovers.com) for 6 years and they always deliver a great product at a great price. So, instead of showing your ignorance and trashing a good company, you should trash eBay and PayPal... Do a search on them and see how many people they have screwed. Before they closed their eBay Store, BS Covers had like 3000 positive feedbacks.... That's 3000 happy customers... You don't get that by screwing people over!

Welcome to TheFret, and thanks for the link to the site.
I believe the company may have been better off had they not ignored the customer messages and let the customers work things out with paypal. It might have boosted confidence, or at least given the customers a heads up about what was going on.
In any event, it's not the first incident I've heard about with ebay/paypal...

texxlok
June 22nd, 2011, 10:44 PM
Welcome to TheFret, and thanks for the link to the site.
I believe the company may have been better off had they not ignored the customer messages and let the customers work things out with paypal. It might have boosted confidence, or at least given the customers a heads up about what was going on.
In any event, it's not the first incident I've heard about with ebay/paypal...

Yeah, normally I would agree. But, they had people continually emailing threats of law suits, turning them into the BBB, Attorney General, etc. And truth of the matter was they didn't even have their money... PayPal did and wouldn't admit to it. He tried explaining it to the customers, but you know how people are when they get an idea in their head. And of course people think PayPal does no wrong and would never lie to them. They even had one guy who would send about 200 emails a day... The same message over and over. It became such a hassle to deal with the full inbox that it was causing them problems with legitimate customers that he had actually received payments from.

Anywhoo.... Just tryin' to put in a good word for a company that I have been a patron of for years and I know to be honorable, despite a bit of bad publicity caused by PayPal ;-)

Eric
June 23rd, 2011, 06:16 AM
Your posts on here got me interested in this, so I read back a bit.

Generally, whenever there is a payment problem or some other logistical problem with a company, there's someone from that company working with me to figure things out. They don't typically just leave me to deal with it. You would think that at least some sort of explanation on the website would help people to understand what was going on once they figured it out.

I would say that they definitely wet the bed on this one, regardless of whether it was paypal's fault. It's still their reputation on the line, so some sort of customer service and information probably would have helped them immensely with damage control.

That being said, I'm glad to hear that they're a solid company. I may check them out if I ever get an amp worth protecting!

Thoraxe
October 21st, 2011, 07:56 AM
I ordered a cover from BS on 10/15/2011. I received shipment notification today (10/21/2011) for a delivery scheduled for tomorrow. I'll post a follow up tomorrow but I thought you guys may be interested in my experience. I was a little nervous after reading so many accounts of slow service and non-responsive email exchanges. They seem to be on track based on my experience so far.

Spudman
October 21st, 2011, 03:47 PM
Do keep us informed. I thought their product was very good. I would be surprised if they let it all go to pot.

I ordered a cover from BS on 10/15/2011. I received shipment notification today (10/21/2011) for a delivery scheduled for tomorrow. I'll post a follow up tomorrow but I thought you guys may be interested in my experience. I was a little nervous after reading so many accounts of slow service and non-responsive email exchanges. They seem to be on track based on my experience so far.

Thoraxe
October 22nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
My cover arrived right on schedule. I must say... it is a perfect fit. I couldn't be happier with the cover or the speedy service. The also followed up with an email to make sure everything was ok. I'd definitely use them again.

oldguy
October 25th, 2011, 06:19 AM
My cover arrived right on schedule. I must say... it is a perfect fit. I couldn't be happier with the cover or the speedy service. The also followed up with an email to make sure everything was ok. I'd definitely use them again.

That's great news, and thanks for the follow up on the service.

It's great when a company's a winner.

mw1958
November 26th, 2012, 08:14 PM
any recent experence with this company?

sunvalleylaw
November 27th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Nope. when I needed a cover, I went with the folks in this post:

I have gigged very little. When I have, I do like the amph covered for transport.

But at home, I just got used to having the cover on my Peavey (one came with it) and when I got my Fender, that big, vintage, front grill looked like a tear waiting to happen at my house full of kids and dogs. See here:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/FenderConcert-1.jpg

So I got one of these:

The Peavey cover that got me hooked is pictured here:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/C-30jpg.jpg

kidsmoke
November 27th, 2012, 09:23 AM
The BS Covers look pretty cool, and affordable. Let us know if you go that route, love to hear you impression them.

Destroyer
April 23rd, 2013, 05:42 PM

Well Not sure If you own Bscovers.com I do love the name.I will say that I purchased a covers about a month ago! Their Website said the cover was in stock so how long should it take for me to get it?
Anyhow,I instantly recieved an E-mail from the Floks at BS covers That they were so greatful that I chose them & as soon as they send it I will receive a postal E-mail.They Quickly took my Money from my credit card.Well 3 weeks went by.....No cover! No E-mail from the post Offfice!! I started to look at their Site.How could I be so dumb? They don`t even have a phone mumber posted.So Now 3 E-mails latter,Guess what No response from BScovers. Well I guess we all no What BS stands for.I will now have to fight it out with my credit card to get my money back.Bs covers Did`ny have a problem with Ebay Or Pay pal.Bs covers Is a Scam!!! Do yourself a Favout don`t buy anything from Bscovers.If they are legit which I doubt.Why would they not return E mails? Plus they have no phone number to post??
Lastly Bscovers Is on E-bay still listed as.......Bs protection?? So yes they are a Scam.They are still on E-bay only a new name!Obviously these few people work with them or perhaps at one time they tried to run a Legit Business.Not any more.DONT BY FROM BS COVERS.DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR.I WILL NOW FILE WITH FTC,BBB,RIPOFF report & as many as I can.Until I feel like my money was worth bringing down either the worst business on the planet or an outright scam!