PDA

View Full Version : Cellphone waves

Justaguyin_nc
August 28th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Well...how often do you hold your cellphone to your head..

vPf8dXsZ1PE

Hmmm.. what's it doing to the brain?

WackyT
August 28th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Hmmm.. what's it doing to the brain?

Not really that much.

Oeuf the Wall (http://www.snopes.com/science/cookegg.asp)

Claim: An egg (or popcorn) can be cooked by placing it between two activated cell phones.

In June 2008 the joke was expanded to include a trio of videos depicting people purportedly using cell phones to pop popcorn, all of them part of a marketing scheme launched by Cardo Systems, Inc. (a provider of Bluetooth Headset solutions).

As shown in this CNN report (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2008/07/09/carroll.cellphone.popcorn.cnn), the popcorn effect was achieved by dropping already-popped corn into the scene during filming, then using digital editing to remove the kernels from the table.

Tone2TheBone
August 28th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Urban legend. I'm not a phone person. Besides I like texting.

M29
August 28th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Well...I showed my 16 yo daughter this and I still don't think it will make her let up.:thwap:

M29

Justaguyin_nc
August 28th, 2008, 02:32 PM
It seems potassium has the same effect...

puEPl8wPXNE

:rotflmao:

Spudman
August 28th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I can see the splice in the banana film but the cell phone film has continual audio and doesn't show splicing. So...now I have a new use for my cell phone. Cool.:AOK:

warren0728
August 28th, 2008, 03:18 PM
hhhmmmm....i have a great story that combines both a cell phone and a banana....a true story even....

ww

Spudman
August 28th, 2008, 08:51 PM
hhhmmmm....i have a great story that combines both a cell phone and a banana....a true story even....

ww

Oh boy.:thwap: :pancake:

Algonquin
August 28th, 2008, 09:02 PM

ww
Oh Man!... Pm us the details, but don't post em'. I'd hate to see WW banned here :(

sumitomo
August 28th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Is she wearing a pearl neckless!Sumi:D

warren0728
August 29th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Oh Man!... Pm us the details, but don't post em'. I'd hate to see WW banned here :(
actually it's a safe story...i'll write it up a little later when i have time....

ww