PDA

View Full Version : Like Marshalls?

duhvoodooman
August 28th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Now that I have Robert's attention, I thought I'd post an image link I came across while chasing a pedal thread at the Plexi Palace forum. Check out this guy's gear! WHEW!!! Don't know if I'm drooling mor eover the guitars or the amp collection. Criminy.... :eek: :drool: :master:

P.S. And note that, even with many thousands of dollars worth of high-end amps, he's still got a Valve Junior!! :AOK:

http://www.hamptonplace.com/_remote/pics/_gear.jpg

Rocket
August 28th, 2008, 04:03 PM
...and of course, the obligatory assault weapon!

Robert
August 28th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I think that's what heaven looks like... :D

And looky - he's got at least 4 Bad Monkeys!

tot_Ou_tard
August 28th, 2008, 04:36 PM
...and of course, the obligatory assault weapon!
I wonder if he gets drunk & discovers the next moring that he's taken out some of his beauties.

sumitomo
August 28th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I wonder if he gets em all fired up at the same time?Hey Robert he's got one of them little marshals you could buy one of them and do a little photo shop and make it a big Marshal.Sumi:D

ShortBuSX
August 28th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Don't know if I'm drooling mor eover the guitars or the amp collection. Criminy.... :eek: :drool: :master:

Meh, I bet hes got scratchy pots :whatever: :rotflmao:

I notice theres no pretty lady in any of those pics :D

duhvoodooman
August 28th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I have fixed the dual problems of (1) out-of-place assault weapons and (2) lack of pretty ladies in this photo. Don't bother to thank me--happy to be of service.

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/_gear.jpg

tot_Ou_tard
August 28th, 2008, 07:26 PM
:AOK:You also solved the problem of a lack of beer. :AOK:

luvmyshiner
August 28th, 2008, 08:38 PM
:AOK:You also solved the problem of a lack of beer. :AOK:

:rotflmao:

I could die a happy man . . .:master:

Tone2TheBone
August 28th, 2008, 08:47 PM
He needs a couple of Fuzz Faces though.

Algonquin
August 28th, 2008, 09:18 PM
You're a good man DVM!

Jimi75
August 29th, 2008, 05:56 AM
This is sure a nice collection of amphs! These old Marshalls are great sounding amps and I think nothing really beats a Plexi - very versatile.

Thank you for the fixed picture though, I personally found the waepon pic a little stupid. The October Fest girls look way better.

Tone2TheBone
August 29th, 2008, 11:19 PM
This is sure a nice collection of amphs! These old Marshalls are great sounding amps and I think nothing really beats a Plexi - very versatile.

Thank you for the fixed picture though, I personally found the waepon pic a little stupid. The October Fest girls look way better.

No way dude the AR-15 is a wonderful thing. About as powerful as a Marshall in all it's sonic goodness and equally as accurate in it's delivery. ;)

Spudman
August 30th, 2008, 12:39 PM
No way dude the AR-15 is a wonderful thing. About as powerful as a Marshall in all it's sonic goodness and equally as accurate in it's delivery. ;)

And unlike a Marshall will fit in the trunk of your car or under your raincoat.

just strum
August 30th, 2008, 01:47 PM
... or under your raincoat.

So will the bakery gang.

Bloozcat
September 9th, 2008, 09:42 AM
This guy needs to get a hobby....:D

SuperSwede
September 9th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Bah what kind of collection is that?? No DVM designed pedals??

Ch0jin
September 11th, 2008, 01:55 AM
You realize of course that here in Australia we think every American has an armory so that shot in there came as no surprise :)

Oh and AR15's sonically as good as a Marshall? I have to disagree. I've had the pleasure of shooting a variety of assault weapons (and no, not all of them in this country....Cambodia is FUN!!) and whilst I'd agree the AR15 or M16 is better for accuracy, I loved the sound of the AK47 a lot more. I'd say the AR15 is more like a Fender amp and the AK47 was more Marshall sounding :)

I also got to put several hundred rounds through an M60 (The gun of Rambo as my Cambodian buddy called it) and also several rounds through an old Russian RPG (which they insisted was a Rocket Launcher) and whilst I have noooo idea what amp they sound like, I can tell you its about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on!!

Anyway, sorry for the OT but I just had to say something ;)

Duff
September 11th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Man, I gotta get some good pics on here.

That AR15 or M16 looks cool. I have had more than the average man's share of professional experience with both of them and respect them.

But I prefer an M14. It has a way better bass note and some decent kick.

Nice Epi Sheraton sitting in there too.

Duff

Tone2TheBone
September 12th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Man, I gotta get some good pics on here.

That AR15 or M16 looks cool. I have had more than the average man's share of professional experience with both of them and respect them.

But I prefer an M14. It has a way better bass note and some decent kick.

Nice Epi Sheraton sitting in there too.

Duff

+1 on the M14. Much chunkier tone definately. :)