PDA

View Full Version : New Squire Cherry sunburst standard: date of mfg?

Duff
August 31st, 2008, 01:31 AM
While in Harrisburg, fifty miles, plus minus, from here, I decided to visit the GC nearby to Mike's Music. I was looking to pickup a beater Squire P bass. The Memorial Day sale is going on and I spotted a P bass for 139 but the finish was not that great and it looked cheaply constructed but was a decent four string without a lot of bottom end, nothing special.

Meanwhile, this Squire Cherry burst strat standard kept calling me from the wall. Marked down to 169. I played it and toyed with the bass. The Cherry burst with rosewood board kept calling to me and finally I secummed to its allure and let it pick me out. I played it again and for the extra thirty bucks bought it. The sales man kept saying I should get the bass but experience has taught me that when a guitar picks you, it generally tends to be the better choice than you picking the guitar.

So now I own this beautiful, beautiful cherry sunburst Squire standard strat. I am interested to know when it was made. The serial number is CY0804946.

I'm sure this makes sense to someone. Any help in deciphering this is greatly appreciated. I could not find the exact model on the Squire page.

This Squire standard is different from my Squire Deluxe with the SD designed pups. This one has staggered pole pieces and is really, really nice looking. Haven't seen a guitar like this before: cherry sunburst with the dark part being cherry instead of black and the center being goldenish cherry tint transparent. You can see the grain and I'm not sure what kind of wood it is. It is not tight grained but rather broad grained. Spud said they are usually alder when they are transparent and agathis when they are painted. It is, nonetheless, beautiful to say the least. Rosewood board which suits me fine because I like to oil my fretboards. The neck is soft satin and great.

It sounds great, but not like my hot rodded affinity or my Squire Deluxe with the SD designed pups. This is probably more of a vintage tone but I love it. Sounds great straight into my Delta Blues with some reverb and some drive as well as thru my multi pedal into my Blackheart little giant head into my epi twelve inch speaker cab (a very, very nice tonal combination). Currently using three watts out of the Blackheart. Awesome head.

So, this Cherry burst Squire Standard is a really nice guitar for a plain Squire standard strat - no vintage vibe, modified, deluxe, or other embellishments. Equally as beautiful in its own traditional look. It does have satin finished bridge saddles of the solid block type instead of the bent metal ones.

Maybe it's just having a beautiful new guitar that is influencing my opinion, but I think this is a special guitar that could be enjoyed by many. I'm used to vintage and antique sunburst and this is a really neat variation that I haven't seen, coupled with a great sound.

And again, I am becoming increasingly convinced that, just like getting a puppy, you should shop around and eventually the puppy will pick you out, just like this guitar picked me out. Of course I played it and evaluated it.

But I don't know how much good the evaluation part did because the HRDx I wanted to play it thru was broken and he hooked me up to some Jxx Marshall combo that sounded an awful like my Blackheart thru my epi twelve inch cab. You know what I mean: string dynamics, tone, harmonics, string response, chord definition, and overall awesomeness? How could a guitar not sound good thru that amp. Not an MG series item at all. Anyway, the similarity to the Blackheart/Epi stack was enough parallelism for me to supposedly judge the quality of the sound and I like it. It fulfilled my expectations and more, no buzz, etc.

169 for a decent brand new Squire strat standard? Is this hard to believe? Of course it was the GC Memorial Day sale, but still. It is really hard to believe that you can get a great guitar for that price. GC me does not carry the Squire Deluxe strats. May be that way everywhere. No Crate V series in sight either.

So hopefully this helps and hopefully someone can help me decipher my date of manufacture on my new Cherry burst Squire Standard.

Thanks in advance,

Duffy

Algonquin
August 31st, 2008, 05:16 AM
Congrats on the new Geetar purchase Duffy.

It appears to be a 2008 crafted in Taiwan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squier#Chinese_Squiers

Gil Janus
August 31st, 2008, 05:21 AM
I own a 2006 one of these - when it was called the Standard Strat - Cherryburst Special Edition. (see my profile photos)

CY0804946

CY = China
08 = 2008
04 = April
946 = the rest of the serial

I really like mine - well made, the frets were perfect, the only changes I've made were - new strings, tighten one saddle screw, put on Dunlop Strap locks and tune it :bravo:

Have fun with your new guitar - they are really nice.

Gil :cool:

Duff
August 31st, 2008, 08:47 AM
Good to know.

I thought it was a nice item. Had great vibes and looked good. Very attractive and sounded good and felt good.

Unbelievable for the price. Played it a lot last night.

Duffy

Spudman
August 31st, 2008, 08:51 AM
Congratulations Duffster. Sounds like a sweet guitar. :AOK: How do I arrive at that conclusion? Well I have 2 of them. but mine are both Chinese made. One is from 04 and the other is tucked away in it's case so I'm not sure of the year.

They are lovely to look at for sure. And although my necks feel different from each other thay are both great with that sweet satin finish. One neck is fatter than the other and they both play nicely.

From what I've seen of the newer versions like yours they are a little lighter in color but maybe this isn't so with your. We'll, ahem, need to see some photos to tell for sure. So the obligitory THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS is now in effect.:)

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/guitars015.jpg

duhvoodooman
August 31st, 2008, 12:21 PM
Photos, Duff, or you're just makin' it all up! :poke: ;) :D

ted s
August 31st, 2008, 09:23 PM
Spud, that is beauti :drool:

Duff
September 1st, 2008, 08:03 PM
Played this guitar a lot and it sounds great.

It's not light colored. Very, very deep beautiful red around the outside, fading into a red stained center part, never natural wood finish in the middle. Never seen anything like it. Very dark and rich looking. Plays great and looks like a guitar worth a lot more than the 165 I paid, new.

Want to take several pictures. Next two days off and not too much planned.

Duffy

Anybody else really like theirs? And do yours have staggered pole pieces like mine and a mint pickguard?

Duff
September 1st, 2008, 10:49 PM
Duhvoodooman,

Why would you think I would make this up? This is a mystery to me. I don't make up nonsense, especially when it comes to serious material like this.

I plan on taking some pictures maybe in the next two days because I have them off.

I haven't taken any pictures of any of my newer guitars. Have you seen my pictures of my older guitars like my Hwy ones and '66 Epi SG copy in cherry finish, or my ESP LTD H102fm with SD hot rodded pups? I think I even posted a picture of my Epi LP birdseye maple deep wine finish that I put SD hot rodded pups in.

I have a few notable new guitars to take pictures of like my new Epi LP plus top with solid amber, not burst, finish that I put nickel platted SD pups in: a '59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge; also got an awesome Schecter C1 semi hollow body with the same SD nickel plated pups put in that has the piezo electric pups in the bridge saddles and is stereo.

Got a nice Squire Deluxe white pearl too, and a 130 dollar used Squire trans satin crimson strat with no pickguard and two nice sounding duncan designed humbuckers; not to mention my free Squire affinity black strat that I hot rodded with a black pearl pickguard and spring plate and SD hot rail in the neck, 'lil '59 in the middle, and a JB jr. in the bridge. This black twentieth aniv. affinity is awesome both in looks and tone and feels great too. It has one of the most beautiful flammed maple necks I've ever seen and a rosewood board.

Also got a beautiful sounding and looking five string Schecter stiletto elite neck thru body bass that doesn't make a bad sound. Got a Fender Rumble one hundred with it on sale at the GC fourth of July sale at ridiculous prices all new.

Got the Cherry burst Squire strat new couple days ago at GC during the Labor day sale. That Cherry Burst is so nice I can't put it down. Maybe I'm succumbing to the gassification or something but I'm dying to play my black affinity because I haven't played it in a few weeks due to the guy I got the pups from not cashing my check and I don't like to play things I don't own, so Friday I went down and paid him cash. So now I can really get into that awesome hot rodded affinity, once I get over this Cherry burst with the lime green pickguard.

Anyway, just to be honest, I'm not making it up that I have these guitars and I will try to expeditiously get some pictures posted because they are very nice looking items.

Been playing mainly thru my Blackheart three and five watt head into my Epi twelve inch speaker cab, or thru my new Peavey Delta Blues: both are great set ups and would do justice to any guitar.

Duffy
Now playing: Squire "Black Pearl" and "Cherry Burst".

Pictures ARE forthcoming.

ShortBuSX
September 1st, 2008, 11:03 PM
Duhvoodooman,

Why would you think I would make this up? This is a mystery to me. I don't make up nonsense, especially when it comes to serious material like this.

I plan on taking some pictures maybe in the next two days because I have them off.

Its a joke..a ploy...were all junkies for GAS inspiring pics or ideas for mods...the more pics the better...quicker...less posting, more pics, go now!:poke:

Spudman
September 1st, 2008, 11:18 PM
Where's dem pictures Duff?:poke: :D

Duff
September 2nd, 2008, 12:26 AM
Tomorrow. Pictures tomorrow.

You guys are craving for those pictures.

I want to take some nice ones off my deck or in my back yard. They will make the guitars look even more desirable.

I will be honored to post the pics as soon as I can and I will get to it without undue delay. Plus I'll take some pictures of some of my less awesome but still awesome guitars, like my ESP LTD EC-50 that gets little acclaim but is an awesome stock guitar that costs about 199 and has that LP style and humbucker tone.

There's a lot of inexpensive but really impressive guitars out there right now for those who don't mind owning something that doesn't cost nearly as much as a top of the line guitar. I thought my EC 50 sounded better thru the same amp as the EC 400. Might be my less sophisticated ear, but it sounded better to me for the type thing I do.

Pictures are being planned.

Duffy

mrmudcat
September 2nd, 2008, 12:30 AM
Photos, Duff, or you're just makin' it all up! :poke: ;) :D

Duff you must of missed the Emoticons(poke, wink, smile)

Lay off the coffee brother:rotflmao:

Where are them pics anyways:whatever::beer:

Have you seen the sierra sunburst fender color ,I love that take on cherry sunburst.You do have alot of variances on the ones i've drooled over (american strat ash body):master:

Spudman
September 2nd, 2008, 07:20 AM
Did he say that we are finally going to see some pictures?:confused: :poke: :)

ZMAN
September 2nd, 2008, 02:13 PM
I bet Duffs looks a lot like this.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/CherryMint.jpg
Hey Spudman I thought I heard you say they were discontinued? It has been a while since I looked on the Squier website.

Oh no! I just checked look what they have gone and done.
http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0321603530
Looks like another Squier in the fold. I will never get that Gibson LP Standard.

M29
September 2nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
Oh man that guitar always catches my eye at GC, I just love that cherry burst!!! Congrats :AOK:

Oh man Spud yours looks sweet, great grain and burst. I see your pics but I don't see any of Duff's :poke:

M29

Spudman
September 2nd, 2008, 03:02 PM
Oh man Spud yours looks sweet, great grain and burst. I see your pics but I don't see any of Duff's :poke:

M29

YA, I wonder why that is?:confused: :poke: ;)

Duff
September 3rd, 2008, 12:18 AM
Took a bunch of pictures today including the cherry burst, Squire tele Custom II w P90s, SX LP Jr all mahogany even the set neck w P90s, Keith Richards style Peavey Gen EX Vintage w full size humbucker in neck, Peavey butterscotch gen EX classic, Squire Deluxe strat in white pearl unmodified.

Still have a hoard of other nice ones that I need to take more pictures of like that affinity "black pearl" and my Schecters, plus my Squire walnut stain tele standard and the amber non burst flammed maple LP plus top Epi w SD '59 in the neck and JB in the bridge both nickel plated. Oh yeah, and my Peavey Gen EX Custom w twin chrome humbuckers and piezo electric saddle pups in stereo.

Some of my pictures are not that great but tomorrow I will try to figure out how to post them.

Duffy

Kazz
September 3rd, 2008, 05:23 AM
I am dying to see these photos...ZMAN the photo you posted is just like Spuds and Duff has already said his is much darker....

Duff if you cannot figure out how to post them....

first thing set up a free photobucket account at www.photobucket.com load the pictures and then link them here...if you have issues.....email me the pictures at steveandsealy@gmail.com and I will put them in my photobucket and link them up for you.

ZMAN
September 3rd, 2008, 12:04 PM
Just so we don't get any wrong impressions due to poor light conditons I took a couple of pictures of the Cherryburst with pure natural light. I also took it in a subdued light but natural. This will give you a better idea.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/P9030071.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/P9030072.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/P9030070.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/P9030068.jpg
They do not look as dark as the interior shots show and they do have a lovely burst to them.
I can't wait to see the maple necked one.

Duff
September 3rd, 2008, 01:04 PM
I took a bunch of pictures last night but I got dark and that changed the tone due to the flash.

Today I'm going to take some in natural sunlight and try to get some with minimal glare, maybe do like you did and take some in the shade. Plus I have a few other guitars I need to take pictures of.

Got some good shots last night of various guitars though, nonetheless.

Hopefully today I'll get them posted.

Do you just drop the photobucket link right here, into the body of the message, avoiding the manage attachments part at the bottom of this page?

Duff

ZMAN
September 3rd, 2008, 01:10 PM
Yes Duff on this forum I find it much easier.

ZMAN
September 3rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/P9030068.jpg
Test
It seems to work either way but a lot easier just to drop them in. In other forums the picture will show.

Spudman
September 3rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
ZMAN
Is your pick guard beveled or vintage 1 ply?

ZMAN
September 3rd, 2008, 03:16 PM
No it is the Mint 3 play. Mint/black/mint. The sun really makes the mint pop.
I thought it would show what they look like in natural light, or fluorescent.
All of the pictures I have show them to be darker and almost all red and as you know they are not.
Interestingly thought I hadn't noticed that the back cover is definitiely white, until I went outside.

mrmudcat
September 3rd, 2008, 07:22 PM
You might want to link them to save on space in Roberts house.Although ive dropped some pics in a few times:dude: They are sized 640/480 pixies .You can post one or 2 640x480 and link the rest for a happy median like ZMAN:master: :beer:

Duff
September 3rd, 2008, 10:49 PM
My mint pickguard is three ply, just checked.

Didn't get the pictures posted yet today and I'm tired now. Problems w my ex wife - bummer. Not needed here. Just feeling down.

Didn't take anymore daylight pics today either. But I have some decent ones from last night that I can get posted asap.

Thanks for the patience,

Duffy

Duff
September 3rd, 2008, 11:17 PM
I got the date of mfg and it was mfg'd this year supposedly in July and the prefix CY indicates China, the Yago plant.

I think someone posted this info somewhere else for me as well, but anyway, I got it figured out.

The interesting thing is that these have been put back into production because I don't think they were making the cherry burst for a while. Could be wrong.

Also, mysteriously, the Squire site and the Fender corp rep I talked to on the phone only have info showing the guitar with a maple board. Mine has a rosewood board, but all the other features and nice staggered polepieces on the pups.

I can't put this guitar down. I'm constantly playing it thru my Blackheart on three watts into my Epi V Jr. twelve inch speaker cab with a resulting sound that is incredible; using my Korg toneworks AX5G, not a bad multipedal. Last night I put my Danelectro corned beef reverb pedal in line w the toneworks and the sound was really super when tweaked. That corned beef is really really cool and cheap too.

As with a lot of things, sometimes the less expensive items are far far superior to the expensive ones. Of course, this is not always true. But trying things out and evaluating them first hand reveals some surprising results for sure.

How many times have you walked into a guitar store to buy a specific pre selected guitar and walked out with something completely different?

That's how I got my Cherry Burst. I was going to buy an inexpensive four string bass and the Cherry Burst seduced me, definitely seduced me. It kept sort of looking at me; of course I was looking at it, according to the accepted way that reality is supposed to be organized. But I knew it was a superior item to the Squire affinity bass that had finish flaws and not the tone I wanted, even played it thru an amp just like mine.

Then when I played the Cherry Burst thru some $$$$ Jxx Marshall combo it sounded just like some of my best chimey guitars thru my Blackheart rig.

Which also goes to show that those Blackheart Little Giant heads are nothing to scoff at. Notice how the price went from 129 to 179? There must be a good reason for that. It's a great little amp. You should hear it thru my Epi So. Cal. four by twelve with those same Lady Luck speakers in it; heavy giant that it is. That babe is stationary at my age even though I've carried it up my stairs by myself twice without scratching it.

I also got my Ibanez as73 semi hollow body Gibson 335 copy that way, also cherry finish, not burst but transparent. Never thought I'd buy an Ibanez, but when I compared it to the Dot studio, and the Sheraton (one of my favorites) I just thought the tone of that particular guitar and feel and looks were the thing for me. I'm sure that guitar picked me out. I was finished looking and was about to go back to the black Epi G 400 SG, that didn't sound nearly as good as my cherry SG, when I spotted this cherry one way up in the corner on the wall and asked what that was. Turned out to be the outstanding AS73 and I got it at a really great price, like 279. I like it so much and it being a semi hollow, I spent some decent money buying an Ibanez hard case made just for the artcore guitars, so it is well protected.

Sometimes you have to be able to evaluate a situation and not just go according to the plan; you need to be flexible and sensible and know when you are pretty sure you are right. Otherwise the decision making capacity we all have is minimized or at least underutilized. There seems to be a metaphysical element to everything but a lot of times we are unaware of it. Didn't John Lennon say something about life being what happens to us while we are busy doing other things. That suggests that, "There's something happening here. What it is ain't exactly clear." as by S. Stills most likely, plus minus. Just like those guitars that I had no idea I'd buy, the world is full of a lot of other things besides what the ones we think are there.

I'm starting to get worried about getting my stuff stolen and am about to take out a rider on my homeowners policy for like fifteen dollars a year to cover seven or eight thousand dollars of equip or more.

I keep hesitating but if I get robbed I'll be sorry for procrastinating. My insurance rep said you can get the same rider on renters insurance. The basic policy only covers 1500 dollars.

Anyway, I can't stop playing that Cherry Burst and need to start playing my Deluxe. The Deluxe definitely has a different but awesome tone. And my hot rodded Affinity Black Pearl kicks butt.

Sharing some good, I hope, ideas,

Duff

You guys are a bunch of good dudes (and gals).

Spudman
September 4th, 2008, 07:15 AM
That's what I meant when I said they were discontinued.

They changed to the maple fretboard and I thought they might have actually stopped producing them for a year. Anybody seen an 06 or 07?

ZMAN
September 4th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I sent an email to my local guy and he said they are 219 up here and he is trying to find out an eta. I really don't need another Strat but at that price why not.
The bugger did however let me know that the LP Traditional by Gibson is only 2089. I should know better than email him. He knows how to push my buttons.

Spudman
September 4th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Wow! 219 is a great deal for that axe.

Gil Janus
September 4th, 2008, 10:36 PM
That's what I meant when I said they were discontinued.

They changed to the maple fretboard and I thought they might have actually stopped producing them for a year. Anybody seen an 06 or 07?

As I said in the 3rd post to this thread :poke: Or am I misreading your question - are you talking about the Maple Fretboard one ?

I own a 2006 one of these - when it was called the Standard Strat - Cherryburst Special Edition. (see my profile photos)

My serial (CY0610****) indicates that mine was manufactured in October of 2006. It is a Rosewood Fretboard one. I've never seen the Maple one. :thwap:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/323247b70837e90b9.jpg

It has a three-ply Mint Green pickguard (M/B/M) - I love the way she looks. And she plays nicely too. :AOK:

Gil :cool:

Duff
September 5th, 2008, 04:46 AM
As you will see in the pictures I will be shortly posting. They are on the computer. It's just that I have to take my maiden voyage on photobucket and the Fret interaction thing.

Tomorrow off.

I'll post first then take some more pictures.

My cherry burst is an '08 with a rosewood board but they are advertising maple boards. Must be advertising lag or miscommunication in a mega corporation.

That baby plays sweet.

But I don't want to see a bunch of guys get the wrong idea and go out and buy one just because I think it's neat. It is really neat and sounds great stock, but everything is unique in life. People are unique and special. I don't want to have an adverse affect on anyone and mislead them into something that might not be as neat as I think it is.

My Affinity with those SDs screams! The Cherry Burst is traditional and sweet. Way different than the Deluxe.

Don't understand why mine is a rosewood board standard and the advertisements show it as having a maple board. Maybe it was a GC thing, but I don't think so. It is the LTD I was told by the Fender guy but that is supposed to have the maple board. He didn't know why mine is rosewood.

Also trying to find out what Alnico pups they are: I II or V.
No one knows.

I'm glad I sparked some interest in this neat guitar though, just don't want to be the source of too much gassification.

Duffy

ZMAN
September 5th, 2008, 09:10 AM
The Cherryburst Strat first came about about 4 years ago as a special edition, along with a couple of other colors. It only came in the rosewood orginally. Then it became part of the regular Standard colors. If you look now that the regular colors for the Standard there is no cherryburst with rosewood. However they have come up with a Special Edition Cherryburst with a maple board. What Duff has is the same as what both Spudman and I have which is the Rosewood. I always said it would look great with maple and low and behold they come out with one. I can get it for 219 up here in Canada and I have a 25 dollar credit so I will be getting one.
Hope that clears things up.

Spudman
September 5th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I can get it for 219 up here in Canada and I have a 25 dollar credit so I will be getting one.
Hope that clears things up.

Clear enough that I'm jealous.

ShortBuSX
September 5th, 2008, 09:59 AM
+1 :thwap:

Although I really dont need another Strat...

Duff
September 5th, 2008, 10:17 PM
http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/Duff-B/P1010039.jpg

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/Duff-B/P1010049.jpg

The SX P90 is solid mahogany with a mahogany set neck and sweet sounding. The butterscotch is a Peavey Gen EX Classic that I think are being discontinued. Don't see them on the Peavey site. Could be collectors items already. Less places are selling them. When they are gone, I bet the're gone.

The Crate tube amps also doubled in price. Those deals are over. Maybe for the better.

Duff
September 5th, 2008, 10:26 PM
http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/Duff-B/P1010052.jpg

Duff
September 5th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Cannot find a way to just drop the picture into this dialog box. It only puts the link in and then you have to open photobucket to view it as above. How do I drop them in visibly?

Thanks,

Duffhttp://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/Duff-B/P1010038.jpg

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/Duff-B/P1010039.jpg

Duff
September 5th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Don't know how I got that one picture to show up.

Help will definitely be appreciated.

Thanks,

Duff

wingsdad
September 5th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Duffy,
To get the pic in the message box like you did the one time:
1) login to your p-bucket album
2) under the pic you want to post, left-click on the 4th box under the pic, the one labeled 'IMG Code', which should highlight what's in the box. Now right-click on the highlighted stuf and select (click) 'copy'
3) right-click back in your 'reply box' here, and select 'paste'.
4)The stuff you copied from that littel IMG Code box in p-bucket should appear.
5) click on the 'Preview Post' button, and have a look. If you photo appears, you're good to go.
6) Click Submit Reply

Duff
September 6th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Trying now:

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/Duff-B/P1010050.jpg
http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/Duff-B/P1010038.jpg
http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/Duff-B/P1010051.jpg

Oh yeah! I'm getting better at this.

I can't however figure out how to rotate and save the sideways pics and you really can't appreciate them sideways like that.

The Cherry Burst is Redder, less woody looking in the middle. The flash cuts thru the stain and picks up on th underlying color I think. Natural light ones to follow, like on that nice one of my SX P90 solid mahogany w mahogany set neck. Nice guitar but I don't think it sounds as good as the Black Maple tele w the duncan designed middle noise cancelling pups. That is a really awesome sounding guitar.

Soon to follow will be some pictures of my project guitar, the Black Pearl affinity with the real SD hot rail in the neck, 'lil 59 in the mid, and JB Jr. in the bridge. This is a tone monster with power and doesn't sound like full sized humbuckers at all. I suppose they are supposed to sound more like cutting single coils because the scream.

Duff

Spudman
September 6th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Don't know how I got that one picture to show up.

Help will definitely be appreciated.

Thanks,

Duff

I did it for you.:)

Spudman
September 6th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Since it isn't a Squier and this is a Squier thread - why don't you rotate it with Photobucket then post it in the proper thread (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=5389&highlight=my+guitars).

Trying now:

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/Duff-B/P1010038.jpg

Oh yeah! I'm getting better at this.

I can't however figure out how to rotate and save the sideways pics and you really can't appreciate them sideways like that.

Duff

wingsdad
September 6th, 2008, 10:11 AM
...I can't however figure out how to rotate and save the sideways pics and you really can't appreciate them sideways like that...

Way to go , Duff :AOK:

To rotate in p-bucket, in your home or album page, click on the pic you want to rotate, and it takes you to it in its own window. Above the pic are a bunch of editing icons...the 'rotate' one is about in the middle. Have at it!

Then you have to re-post it after you rotate it. Edit your message here....delete the old IMG-tagged link in your message-edit box, and replace it with the new, rotated pic's, using the same steps as before.

As Rob Schneider said to Adam Sandler (Bobby) in the Waterboy: "You can do it!"

Duff
September 6th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I was so into trying to post the pictures last night that I didn't think to post the other guitars in the right section. Sorry about that guys.

More pictures on the way soon.

Also, upon close inspection, and the way the camera flash cuts thru the cherry finish on the Cherry Burst, I would say they did a super outstanding of selecting and joining body pieces to put together so it looks like solid alder without the visible line. However, I'm quite sure that I can see joint lines on the guitar, very difficult, but easier in the flash pictures. On Spuds it almost looks like it could be a solid piece but the grain changes direction below the pickguard on the left side and a faint line is visible near the right side of the bridge below it that could be another joint line, same type places as on mine. But they did an even better job. Try taking a flash picture of the body in a darkened room and see if the flash cuts thru the finish, might be able to see the lines that way. Beautiful guitar.

More pics to follow in the right sections,

Duff

ZMAN
September 6th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Duff: To save yourself a lot of trouble just flip the image on the camera before you download it. Your camera has that function on it.
I try to do that with all my pics before hand then I don't have any issues later when I am trying to post to message boards.

Duff
September 6th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Zman,

Thanks for the tip.

I have noticed that you post superior pictures. Super excellent pictures and I'm glad I'm learning how to do it. The Fret.net method is a major hassle with the size limitation and resizing problems and losing clarity with your pictures.

Appreciate the help and that is a sweet cherry burst sitting in that chair!

Duff

Duff
September 8th, 2008, 02:40 AM
But that SX has a mahogany set neck and mahogany body with P90's as you can see, and it sold out on the rondomusic.com site in a few days. I knew that Gibson LP Jr. style w two P90's was probably going to disappear really fast. He who hesitates is lost type thing, that I have found is a valuable principle to exercise when you can, because sometimes you "just know". That really nice guitar cost 139.

Played my Cherry Burst again tonight and set up my SX SST68 metallic red for a side by side comparison. The SX is really bright thru my Fender Super Champ XD's clean channel. Typical Fender clean I suppose. It's a fun comparison anyway.

Next time the pics will go where they should.

Duff

Spudman
September 8th, 2008, 07:00 AM
I took my Cherryburst to the open mic gig last night. What a great guitar. I could get it to make any sound I wanted except for a fat bridge humbucker sound.:D I'm liking mine even more lately. Thanks Duff for giving me the renewed interest in the guitar.

ZMAN
September 8th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Spudman: it is those Alnico 5 staggered pickups. I just wish they werent' as noisey.

Spudman
September 8th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Spudman: it is those Alnico 5 staggered pickups. I just wish they werent' as noisey.

2 and 4 baby, 2 and 4.:D
Actually mine aren't that bad unless I'm using a ton of gain.