PDA

View Full Version : Can't complain

thearabianmage
August 31st, 2008, 06:01 PM
So the past couple days have been hectic. One of my 3 best (and only real) friends is off on a tour of Eastern Europe in a van for a few months (will probably be a long time before I see him again), so we've had to say goodbye and whatever which was a bit savage.

But before he left today, one of the lads travelling with him gave me a deal and a half:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28938639@N07/sets/72157607043580010/

For £20!!!

I don't know much about the amp, though. After looking it up a bit, the only place I can [easily] find it on the internet, it goes for an equivalent of over £600 which must be wrong!!!

The amp is a Hohner Force Series CD200B - anyone know anything about that?

Apart from that, the bass is nice - though it needs a bit of fixing up before I can give it a more informed opinion. It's practically mint condition, though. A few very minor surface scratches (like buckle-rash) but no dings, chips, cracks, or anything. The frets are in good condition, as is the hardware (the bridge is hardly dusty at all!)

For £20!!!

. . . . . ! ! !

So, that brings my 'wood'n'string' count to 11. (I gave Alec, my friend going off to Europe, an old classical guitar that I took the frets off of and lacquered and what-not, so it would have been 12, but I'm not complainin'!)

As far as guitars are concerned, this has been a good week for me. Jackson RX10D, Cort '???', and another dude has, after literally years of 'jokingly' hassling him, finally agreed to sell me his B.C. Rich Ironbird. I know B.C. Rich's are [very] under-appreciated in this forum, but I've been wanting this guitar since I started playing, so it's got to be done.

If only I could live inside guitars and eat other guitars that are inferior to the ones I live inside, I'd never need to buy a house or food ever again, I could just spend all my money on guitars and would be very very happy. . .

And have a lot of guitars.

If only. . .

marnold
August 31st, 2008, 06:19 PM
If only I could live inside guitars and eat other guitars that are inferior to the ones I live inside, I'd never need to buy a house or food ever again, I could just spend all my money on guitars and would be very very happy. . .

And have a lot of guitars.
And you'd be Spud.

Anyway, nice score! I doubt that bass would have been 600 pounds originally. Cort is the factory behind many well-known guitars made in Indonesia. The infamous Squier '51s were made there. Other than that, I have no other info on the bass or amp.

warren0728
August 31st, 2008, 06:49 PM
wow....looks like a geat deal! :beer:

congrats!

ww

thearabianmage
August 31st, 2008, 07:44 PM
I doubt that bass would have been 600 pounds originally.

Nah, not the bass that was £600 - the amp (not sure if it is quite good enough to be called an amph as of yet. . .)

The bass retails around the £250 mark - at least that's what the dude said he paid for it brand new (after a bit of research, it sounds about right, too).

But with the amp, I looked it up a bit more and it seems I might have misplaced one of the periods in the original price-tag I found for it. It was in Euros and I don't know what decimal system (or whatever) Euros use. . .

Here is what I saw: CD 200 B, Electric Bass Combo, 20W - 775,00

Here is what 775,00 E is in GBP - 62,859.63

So I moved the comma down and got - £628

It turns out that I had to move the comma down another step to get - £62

Ah ha! That makes much more sense!! :D

Bloody Europeans and their funny money :rotflmao: