PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Shiner & CB?

street music
September 1st, 2008, 05:57 AM
I bet they went on vacation again?

just strum
September 1st, 2008, 08:19 AM
Maybe building a boat. The last time I looked Gustav was going to hit land and then turn west, right at Waco. Probably a lot of water headed there way.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26295161/

luvmyshiner
September 1st, 2008, 08:37 AM
Nope we're still here. We have received some much needed rain this week, including about 45 minutes yesterday just as I was finishing up some lawn work, but no floods.

We're just enjoying the long weekend. I finished up all my chores Saturday and Sunday, so today I'm hoping I can finish up some oak boards I've varnished and mount them on the wall so I can finally start hanging some guitars.

warren0728
September 1st, 2008, 08:59 AM
hey shiners....hope you guys don't get too much rain....looks like hanna is going to dump a bunch of rain on us this week but isn't supposed to come on land....of course the park across the street from us is still flooded from before :thwap:

ww

street music
September 1st, 2008, 09:43 AM
Shiner, glad you guys are ok, I hope you don't get any Damage from GUSTAV.
Let CB rest today she will have to go back to work , keep dry, unless you are in the pool.

Childbride
September 1st, 2008, 10:16 AM
:) just resting.

cut my finger on a soup top the other day [darned things are sharp as roof flashing]

haven't been typing or playing. :(

sunvalleylaw
September 1st, 2008, 10:30 AM

cut my finger on a soup top the other day [darned things are sharp as roof flashing]

Sounds like you should learn some Django licks. ;) Just kidding. You work really hard at learning I know. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

marnold
September 1st, 2008, 11:21 AM

It's a special woman who will compare an item's sharpness to roof flashing. I will be a gentleman (for once) and assume she meant the metal bits that weatherproof your house and not actually climbing up on the roof and flashing people. That would seem to be more Shiner's territory.

mrmudcat
September 1st, 2008, 11:46 AM
I dont know personally;) but flasing from ones roof sounds pretty sharp!!!:bootyshake:

luvmyshiner
September 1st, 2008, 01:19 PM
I've learned it's best not to flash around sharp flashing. Too many delicate parts can get inured.:rotflmao:

:bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Childbride
September 1st, 2008, 01:31 PM
It's a special woman who will compare an item's sharpness to roof flashing. I will be a gentleman (for once) and assume she meant the metal bits that weatherproof your house and not actually climbing up on the roof and flashing people. That would seem to be more Shiner's territory.

(snicker...) (giggle..) :rotflmao:

now that was a visual.

yes, 'building materials' flashing. worked in the lumber/hardware business for over ten years, and cutting flashing for contractors was one of the things i had to do. gloves at all times was a no-brainer, but also learned at a very young age to weight both the rolled and lead ends while measuring/cutting, b/c heaven help you if any body parts were around when either end decided to whip loose. [shudder]

Bloozcat
September 1st, 2008, 02:01 PM
My compliments to CB for even knowing what roof flashing is. There aren't many women (and not so many men, either), who've had experience with the stuff.

Sounds like CB knows her way around home repairs...:AOK:

marnold
September 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM
If it weren't for the mother, cousin, uncle, and grandfather of all building projects that we just completed at church, I wouldn't have known about it either. My wife watches all of those home repair shows so she knows way more than I do in that respect.