PDA

View Full Version : REMIX: No More Fab Four (or record store)

333maxwell
September 1st, 2008, 10:26 PM
I've cleaned it up, but I think I may of zapped it of any of the things I liked about it by doing so?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=676362&songID=6857671

Lyrics

Well not so very long ago or all that / Far away
We'd spin our dusty 45's just to / Hear them play

And when they started singing
You felt the music bringing
You to a place you've been before
Thats not here anymore

Come back in time my baby
Once again
Don't ever forget all of the
Things we've been
Come back in time my baby
Lets pretend

Lets hang out at the record store
Thats not there anymore.

333maxwell
September 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Maybe we could get the fine staff here to remove this thread..

I just recieved an email from someone who I trust here who said that while my other songs have been interesting, this one basicly sucks..

I get so tone deaf and partial to my own stuff..

Katastrophe
September 6th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Why, 333maxwell? I kinda dug it. I sure couldn't record a song with that vibe, melody and vocal harmonies.

While it's not my favorite of your recordings, it's still good, and easy to listen to.

just strum
September 6th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Max,

Hey a CD isn't filled with all hits, there are those "fillers", "sleepers" and other "not the best recording" featured on a CD. Based on what you posted in the past, this isn't your best, but you can't always top yourself.

If you get in that state of mind, the next thing we will know is that you are having excessive plastic surgery's and you are starting to look like this

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/michael_jackson_plastic_surgery.jpg

Steve206
September 7th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Hey Maxwell,,

What are you recording these things on? How many tracks for the vocals? Are you playing all the instruments?

I only ask because I am approaching the task of backing vocal tracks and you seem like a person of interest.

I would say, not to worry and keep having a good time. Even the folks who don't appreciate the genre are able to appreciate the work that goes into it.

Steve

333maxwell
September 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks everyone.. i'll try and get my sh't together.. I unintentionaly sounded kinda pathetic..

Moving on to the next project now.. thanks for the time and ears!

333maxwell
September 8th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Hey Maxwell,,

What are you recording these things on? How many tracks for the vocals? Are you playing all the instruments?

I only ask because I am approaching the task of backing vocal tracks and you seem like a person of interest.

I would say, not to worry and keep having a good time. Even the folks who don't appreciate the genre are able to appreciate the work that goes into it.

Steve

Steve.. this music recording is the culmination of self made midi files turned VST, a programmed Bass (which is ironic as I usualy play all the Bass on my stuff with a real Bass.. I very much cut corners on this tune) and a classical and a steel string acoustic guitar.

There are 5 total tracks for the vocals.. each recorded one time through with no over dubs.

1.Primary vocal
2. Harmony to primary vocal
So I have the main vocals with occasional harmony to it.

3.4.5. are 3 piece oooo laa laa laa ooo's

I'm not exactly sure what your looking for.. but any help or tips I can give you I am at your disposal.

FrankAxtell
September 13th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Great stuff...writing, production, most excellent.

helliott
September 13th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Sure, move on to the next one. We all do tracks we're not that thrilled with in the end. But I'm with Frank, this is a pretty cool and offbeat number. Reminds me of one of those strange concoctions you'd find in between the megahits on Beatles album. And that's a compliment.
Do not be hard on yourself over this. I don't know your previous work, so can't compare it, but to me this is a pretty cool listen. Harmonies are great.

FrankAxtell
September 14th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I'll re-remind you....:) Sincerly I think this is ....Great stuff...writing, production, most excellent.:bravo: