PDA

View Full Version : Squier Deluxe Series Satin Trans Fat Strat - opinions?

tremoloman
May 30th, 2006, 09:08 AM
I cannot find anyone who carries this guitar in stock, so if any of you have given it a try please let me know your opinions. I'm thinking about picking one up as a spare guitar to leave at my parent's vacation home so I've got something to tinker with when I visit every weekend. :)

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/4/4/4/229444.jpg

Tim
May 30th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Trem,

I don’t think you can go wrong with the Squire Deluxe Series Satin Trans Fat Strat. That’s a sweet looking guitar. I have not read too many bad reports about any Squire guitars. Ok a few, but then there are people who want everything in life to be perfect. I just modified my Squire Tele Custom Deluxe with new potentiometers. The over all sound improved 100% with no more scratchy sounds during volume changes. After I test run it on Wednesday I will write a small review and post it on the forum.

tremoloman
May 30th, 2006, 12:48 PM
If I do get this, I plan on repainting it olympic whie with a "Family Guy" paint scheme. I love that show - it's freakin' SWEET. :)

I may had down to Guitat Center tonight since I called at lunch and he's got one in stock to try out.

Katastrophe
May 30th, 2006, 09:31 PM
T-man, I think that's one of the finest looking Squiers on the market today. Tones should be good with the mahogany body and maple / rosewood neck. The Squier website says the body is "slimmer," although I don't know by how much.

Family Guy scene suggestions, if I may: Peter with the household items in orbit around his waist, w/ Brian throwing more in there.

Stewie, Brian and Frank Sinatra, Jr. doing their act before Brian hit the skids with the drinking.:D

tremoloman
June 5th, 2006, 10:38 AM
LOL... I'm a HUGE 'Family Guy' fan.

I gave the guitar a go and I think I'll be hading back down again this evening to pick it up if it's still there. :) I may hold off on repainting this one and do it to a MIM I have lying around.

Did you happen to catch the one where he was on 'Wheel of Fortune' this season?

Wheel of Fortune clip (http://www.yikers.com/video_family_guy_-_peter_on_wheel_of_fortune.html)

Peter: ummm.... Hey! How much for that fat guy in the circle? I don't see a price tag on that.

Host: Thaaats you!

Peter: oh, ohhhhh embarrising!