PDA

View Full Version : Good Washburn guitar?

tunghaichuan
September 2nd, 2008, 10:37 AM
Saw this ad on Craigslist this morning:

http://denver.craigslist.org/msg/823707358.html

For those of you who are Washburn guitar fans, is this a decent guitar?

tung

luvmyshiner
September 2nd, 2008, 11:19 AM
Hey Tung, I'm not really familiar with the electrics, so I hesitate to provide any input. It appears that Washburn no longer markets the W136, but from what I can find the folks who have one like them.

bigoldron
September 2nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
I've not played one of these, but it's body-wise between the Idol 14 & 64, maybe even closer to the 64, which is a good thing. Nothing wrong with the 14, it's a decent beginner. The 64 is a really good intermediate guitar - I've got one I love.

This should be a pretty decent guitar with the sound of a Tele! Good luck, Tung!

tunghaichuan
September 2nd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys. That ad has been posted a few times over the last few weeks, I don't think it is going anywhere.

tung

t_ross33
September 2nd, 2008, 09:31 PM
Kinda cool - like a cross between a Tele and an LP. Joe Don Rooney of Rascal Flatts plays a Washburn very similar to this one.

I've played the WI14 bigoldron mentioned, and it's not bad but certainly an entry level to the Idol series. This seems more like the 64, only in a Tele-vised format.

wingsdad
September 2nd, 2008, 09:35 PM
The WI36 was a 'Tele' clone in Washburn's Idol Series Pacific Rim import models. String-thru body and single coils, bridge pup angled like a Tele, 'lipstick' neck pup.

List price in 2006 was $399 plus $40 for the bag/case, so new they could be had for about $200.

Kazz
September 3rd, 2008, 05:32 AM
I looked at buying one of these a few times and then landed on the S101 I ended up getting for under 50 bucks....I did not like the color options that Washburn presented...this yellowish white color and a black....no natural or other options.

I would offer the guy a flat 100 and see if he will take it.....

tunghaichuan
September 3rd, 2008, 07:18 AM
I looked at buying one of these a few times and then landed on the S101 I ended up getting for under 50 bucks....I did not like the color options that Washburn presented...this yellowish white color and a black....no natural or other options.

I would offer the guy a flat 100 and see if he will take it.....

I may do that. It'd be nice to have a Tele-style guitar.

tung