PDA

View Full Version : High School

pes_laul
September 4th, 2008, 04:25 PM
So tomorrows my last day of the first week being in High School. So far it's pretty good My teachers aren't total jerk faces this year. And this Year I'm taking choir which Has really been helping me sing better. I know being that I started in High School I don't really get to learn the basics like reading sheet music is the one I'm having the most problems with. It's a good thing I know how to sing in key or I would probably not sound to good.

Robert
September 4th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Keep at it in the choir! It's great to practice singing early in your career.

Katastrophe
September 4th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Awesome, pes! Now, when you practice singing at home, play and sing together, without looking at the fretboard. I wish I had learned that skill when I first started...

sumitomo
September 4th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Pes I sure am glad you posted that,it is good to hear postive things from younger people.I myself was a screw up in highschool and I spent alot of years making up for it.So keep up the good work and that good attitude also.Sumi:D:bravo::AOK:

tjcurtin1
September 4th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Yeah, Pes, go for it! So few people sing nowadays so most people are afraid to try. You can really get some good training for your ears by singing in a group like that - great for learning how to harmonize. Glad that high school is starting out OK for you! Hang in there.

warren0728
September 4th, 2008, 09:27 PM
cool kris....keep on singing.... :pancake: :AOK:

ww

marnold
September 4th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I was in choir too (at church and in high school, etc.). It taught me a ton about reading sheet music, time signatures, harmonization, etc.

sunvalleylaw
September 4th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Good on ya Kris! Singing is great.

luvmyshiner
September 5th, 2008, 07:05 AM
More kudos from the Shiners Kris.:AOK: And keep working on learning to read music. You won't regret it. Unfortunately it's one of those things like speaking another language, if you don't use it, you lose it.

Guitar Gal
September 5th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Glad to hear your high school journey is starting off well Pes :bravo:

Enjoy this time.....it will go by very fast :eek:

GG

pes_laul
September 6th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Awesome, pes! Now, when you practice singing at home, play and sing together, without looking at the fretboard. I wish I had learned that skill when I first started...
ok so yesterday we did voice testing and fitting for our tuxedo's.

I was gonna be a bass but our choir teacher said I should be a baritone because I could sing from about a low E to a high e two octaves apart. which is pretty cool though It's a little tricky because I'm one of the only baritones so I can't really follow off of anybody when we harmonize.

pes_laul
September 6th, 2008, 02:05 PM
that's actually one of the talents I've always been blessed with.

Katastrophe
September 6th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Lucky you! It's always been a struggle for me.

djmcconnell
September 14th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Glad to hear week one went well. School choir is a wonderful thing -- and when you've got instrumental skills (like guitar and piano) you might get some opportunities to accompany the group and show off those skills. Hey, accompanying the junior high and high school choirs actually caught the eye of my wife (our 24th anniversary is tomorrow), so I endorse any opportunity to make music at school!