PDA

View Full Version : Another marathon... Regina this time

Robert
September 5th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Not sure what the heck I'm doing... I signed up for Regina marathon, but I am finding I am still really sore from the last marathon. I was expecting the soreness to be gone 2 weeks later, but it's not looking that great for Ol' Rob here.

Wish me luck. I hope I can finish the marathon okay. We are 3 guys from our little city going to Regina, and all 3 of us are good and either could win the race. I feel like I HAVE to go, because of all the buildup all summer between the 3 of us ... :) we have never raced each other in a marathon, so now the stage is set for battle.

t_ross33
September 5th, 2008, 03:57 PM
When's the race, Rob? Not sure if I'll make it down, but Regina is only a couple hours from Humboldt.

To quote Keith Richards when playing one of two sold out Rolling Stones concerts at Mosaic Stadium (home of the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders - Go Green!), "I really like Regina cuz it rhymes with...

FUN" :rotflmao:

Robert
September 5th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Come on down Trev! It starts at 8. Hopefully I'll be done by 11... ;)

warren0728
September 5th, 2008, 06:04 PM
good luck robert....no one can compete with your huge veined running style....you must get twice as much oxygen as the others with all that blood pumping!! :poke: :rotflmao:

ww

Katastrophe
September 5th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Robert, are you sure you didn't injure yourself on the last run? I would think that there is a significant risk of muscle pulls / strains from running so long (not that I'm a doc or anything). Two marathons this close together has to be tough, what with the risk of bleeding nipples and all.

Take care of yourself, and give yourself a little downtime after this one, 'mkay?

Robert
September 6th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I'm still really sore from my last marathon 2 weeks ago. Lots of muscle fiber tears... and more will occur tomorrow, that's for sure. :D :(

Now we're off to the pasta supper and then it's rest and we'll be going to bed early. I need more sleep - I feel like total crap today. :(

Tone2TheBone
September 6th, 2008, 08:55 PM
So where's the Google Earth shot of this Regina place then? :)

Robert
September 6th, 2008, 09:07 PM
http://www.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=regina,+sk&ie=UTF8&ll=50.448104,-104.595337&spn=0.144945,0.253029&t=h&z=12

sunvalleylaw
September 6th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I'm still really sore from my last marathon 2 weeks ago. Lots of muscle fiber tears... and more will occur tomorrow, that's for sure. :D :(

Now we're off to the pasta supper and then it's rest and we'll be going to bed early. I need more sleep - I feel like total crap today. :(

Well maybe that is good. Bad day today, get up tomorrow and kick ***! You'll do fine. Have fun! :AOK:

Robert
September 7th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I finished 6th in 2:52:56. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but I totally ran out of gas with 7 k to go. I was on schedule for 2:48 at that time. The marathon 2 weeks ago is still in my legs. I didn't feel strong or fast today, so all in all I think I should be content with this performance. I'll just come back stronger for next marathon!

Spudman
September 7th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Running is insane. I'm glad you are still alive.

player
September 7th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Running is insane. I'm glad you are still alive.

Don't know that it is Insanity but running races that close together with injuries from the last go round Does make one wonder if common sense left the building.
rest up now boss for a good long time to recoup the abilities we know you have,Excellent time by the way but do help yourself back to at least 90% feel better would ya? :AOK:

Tone2TheBone
September 7th, 2008, 08:42 PM
No heat this time? Glad you made it back.

sunvalleylaw
September 7th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Good job Hoss! Now relax a bit and rest well!

Jimi75
September 8th, 2008, 06:57 AM
I've heard of runners suffering from severe Endorphine addiction, so they have to run and run and run......so that their body produces Endorphines.

Robert, you're a great sportsman, so if you feel it do it! Man, I could imagine you at Olympia taking part in the Triathlon competition. I am a bike junkie since I bought mine....