PDA

View Full Version : Recent gig - block party event

jpfeifer
September 6th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I had the opportunity to play at a recent block party bash in San Diego. I took the whole family so that they could enjoy a day at the beach. My wife and daughter played with the band too, which made it even more fun for me.

Here is a link to a song that my daughter sang, called "Put Your Record On" by Corrine Bailey Rae. (I'm the old guy playing guitar :-)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DtIboIt8mxk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DtIboIt8mxk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here is another clip. We had an awesome lead singer named Brady Schwartz. He is one of the only singers I've played with that can sing Police tunes well.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zeuLCPOOxyw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zeuLCPOOxyw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

-- Jim

sunvalleylaw
September 6th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Dang Jim. Talented family you got there! Sounds like fun! I love it when she does the flute solo. Congrats!

Nice job by all on Roxanne too. Great singer!

just strum
September 6th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Jim,

Nice job by all. Sounds like a fun time.

Your right about vocals for Police songs and that singer did a great job. Way better than Eddy Murphy.

0FgkxuEcNpk

warren0728
September 6th, 2008, 11:48 AM
great job jim....thanks for the vids....your daughter has a beautiful voice and her flute solo was a nice addition.... :bravo: was that your wife playing keyboards on the first video? (you mentioned she played with the band too)

btw....nice videos....how many cameras filmed you guys and did you edit them or did someone else?

ww

evenkeel
September 6th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Terrific videos. Thanks. :bravo:

Your daughter has a wonderful voice. Terrific range, particularly for one so young.

Liked the Roxanne cover. Hard to do and not sound like really bad karoke. :D :AOK:

Katastrophe
September 6th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I think that's the first time that I've ever actually enjoyed listening to that first tune. You, your daughter and the band did a better job than the original. Very nice!

Very good vocals on the Police tune, too. He pulled it off without sounding like a bad Sting imitation. Great stuff!

Also, the quality of the recording, both the audio and video is great. I've heard live recordings from major acts that sounded like doo doo compared to yours. Was it a professional recording?

jpfeifer
September 6th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone!

My friend, who plays drums in this group, used to be an audio guy in the film industry. He has really good mics and equipment for recording and always does a good job with the video too.

The drummer, bass player, and me all work for the same company. This group was just put together for company events but we started having so much fun playing together that we started looking for other things to play outside of work, like this block party. All of us live in different cities but we try to get together when we can.

-- Jim

street music
September 6th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Jim Great job by all enjoyed the videos, great to see the family playing together.

Robert
September 14th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I couldn't get the first video to play.

Roxanne sounded great! I've played that song a few times too - fun guitar part to play. Good job there - sounds tight. Great singer.

sunvalleylaw
September 14th, 2008, 09:00 AM
I watched some of the other rickschwar vids and there are some other nice Police and Sting covers there, like "Walking on the moon" I also enjoyed seeing "One", one of my very favorite U2 songs up there, with you playing it. Nice guitar on the "Gravity" cover too. I am working on that one with my instructor now. A fun one to shoot at for me.

M29
September 14th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Great job Jim!! I could not get the first video to work, it says it is no longer available. I am anxious to hear it, my daughter sings as well, you must be very proud!

Your lead singer nailed it on Roxanne very nice indeed!

M29