PDA

View Full Version : Line 6 x3 live opinions

mrmudcat
September 6th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Ok really need some opinions maybe from x3 or xt live line 6 users.Listen up as you might not hear the words "digital modeling" past my lips again(makes sign of cross on chest:D )!! I have a great chance to get a brand new unit $499 retail at a to good to turn down price;)

My boys are crazy all over my shit about the new x3 live features over the xt. It would be nice in a studio ,I plan on building next year!:thwap:

Opinions please.Dont really need a sales pitch for or against ,I know all about the evil things and im still old school analog ....but chases birthday is next month:beer:

This is the unit:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINPODX3LIVE

tot_Ou_tard
September 6th, 2008, 08:20 PM
You won't die if you play through a modeler.

Have you ever "programmed" an analog computer?!?

I have...patch cables & whatnot...makes you dream of digital.

You're expressing yourself right now through zeros & ones. Before you die you'll be jamming with'em & you might even toss in a FUNKY two or three.

O line 6?!? never heard of them. :D

http://thevoidmovies.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/body-snatchers.jpg

bigoldron
September 7th, 2008, 01:02 PM
My boys are crazy all over my shit about the new x3 live features over the xt. It would be nice in a studio ,I plan on building next year!:thwap:

Opinions please.Dont really need a sales pitch for or against ,I know all about the evil things and im still old school analog ....but chases birthday is next month:beer:

You said it right, my friend, you and I are definitely old school analog players, but these kiddies are all digital darlings. So, at some point, we too will have to cross that line (or at least lean over it a little).

You've taught your boys about guitars and rock and roll and given them a solid foundation to build upon. There comes a time when you have to let them go and see what they come up with. Even though they'll love the digital world delivered by the x3, the roots you instilled will still shine through.

Besides, it's Chases birthday, so give him what he wants... :poke:

TS808
September 7th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I own the POD XT and also a Line 6 Flextone III XL. I can say this: I'm more than satisfied with the tones of both, and love the flexibility and versatility of both.

Digital modeling gets a bad rap from alot of folks, and usually, it's from the folks who invest $2,000 on a boutique tube amp and still aren't satisfied with their tones. In other words, alot of folks have their minds made up before they even try them.

Line 6 products don't catch the tube amp thing 100%, but then again, it ain't a tube amp. It comes pretty close though in terms of tone, and they're not one-trick ponies like my 18-watter. That's not knocking my 18-watter as the tone is great, but the idea of getting 32 different amp models for a fraction of the cost is what sold me, especially considering the fact that the tones are excellent.

mrmudcat
September 7th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Yea I think I got the tube amp thing covered;) Low and High wattage:beer:Only one of our amps are a hybrid,and it is a real vintage legend .I doubt I will personally explore its(x3 live) capabilities but I will learn to use it, then teach, and have the boys enjoy it:master: :whatever:

Got it for a song brand new a few months old no box but manual!!! :thwap: :poke: :AOK:

stingx
September 8th, 2008, 06:39 AM
I own an XT - five years now. I have no desire to upgrade to X3. To me, it's not a compelling enough upgrade and my XT does not leave me wanting. Plus, for what I use it for it does the job just fine. Prolly not upgrade until the unit dies.

bigoldron
September 9th, 2008, 08:28 PM
So Chase is going to have a happy birthday after all... :AOK:

mrmudcat
September 9th, 2008, 09:18 PM
spoiled!!!! the whole damn bunch:whatever: :thwap:

bigoldron
September 11th, 2008, 05:21 AM
spoiled!!!! the whole damn bunch:whatever: :thwap:

My wife keeps telling me that's what they're for. It certainly isn't for cutting the grass or physical labor! :whatever:

Overall though, I've got 2 wonderful daughters, so I'm feeling pretty lucky! :D