PDA

View Full Version : How many pedals do you have?

Robert
May 31st, 2006, 04:12 PM
Let's hear it, don't be afraid to tell us! You know you should probably get rid of some, right? ;)

I'm curious the hear Spudman's count.

If I'm not mistaking, I believe I have 15 guitar pedals. Wow. Do I really need that many? Hey, I sound like my wife!

Maybe when we all get together some day, we can have a "yard trade". :rolleyes:

Spudman
May 31st, 2006, 04:36 PM
Only 31 here. Those are all thingies I can step on (other than the dog) and make noise with.

To me as long as they are paid for why get rid of them unless they totally suck? Sooner or later it will become a highly desirable pedal and then I'll have an original which in 1,000 years will be utterly priceless.

Robert
May 31st, 2006, 04:54 PM
To me as long as they are paid for why get rid of them unless they totally suck?

So you can get more funds for buying more guitars! :)

You are probably right though, it's often good to keep guitar gear, you never know it might be very valuable one day.

31 is pretty impressive though, Spudman...

duhvoodooman
May 31st, 2006, 05:04 PM
Geez, you guys must not be very good, to have to rely on all those whiz-bang electronic effects!! :eek: ;) :D

ONLY KIDDING!! Believe me, I know how addictive these cool little devices can be. I have seven, and regularly use six of them. With a single exception, I got every one of them used off eBay. Saves a buck or two, as Mr. T would say.

In front of the amp (in order, starting from the guitar):

Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Digitech Tone Driver
Digitech Bad Monkey

In the effects loop (Delta Blues only):

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Behringer 7-band EQ (bought this new, a whole $20!)
Digitech DigiDelay

The only one I don't use is a Digitech Hot Rod (more distortion than I like). If I need fancier stuff like phaser, flanger, compressor, rotary, higher gain distortion tones, etc., I crank up my Vox AD30VT for those. Not a common occurrence, though....

Spudman
May 31st, 2006, 09:31 PM
So you can get more funds for buying more guitars! :)

31 is pretty impressive though, Spudman...

I just snagged another guitar cheap anyway. Look here if you want to see it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7418332876&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

31 is not meant to impress. I just look at them as tools (and toys when I have to). If I need a tool for a particular job then I have it. Right?

Spudman
May 31st, 2006, 09:33 PM
Geez, you guys must not be very good, to have to rely on all those whiz-bang electronic effects!! :eek: ;) :D

Ya I do suck, but I sound fabulous!:D

Robert
May 31st, 2006, 09:37 PM
Sir Spud, where do you keep all your guitar stuff - man you have quite a collection of gear!

Spudman
May 31st, 2006, 10:14 PM
I dehydrate it and then add water when I need it. Takes up less space that way.

SuperSwede
June 1st, 2006, 02:09 PM
Haha.... I do the same with my lawn ;)
Spud, please take some pics of all your stuff someday. It must look like a music store at your house :D

Tone2TheBone
June 1st, 2006, 02:19 PM
I think Spud should sponsor a Fret.Net BBQ for his friends (us) and let us have free reign over all his equipment whilst he prepares juicy steaks and thoughtfully refills the cooler with choice beers for his guests to enjoy......*thumbs up Spudman*

SuperSwede
June 1st, 2006, 02:33 PM
Yeah! He could always sell a couple of those "priceless" pedals to finance it all... I´ll have a Heineken please :D

duhvoodooman
June 1st, 2006, 02:58 PM
Sir Spud, where do you keep all your guitar stuff - man you have quite a collection of gear!

Satellite shot:

Nelskie
June 1st, 2006, 04:31 PM
Spud - I'm glad you jumped on-board with us here at FN. There was a time not so long ago when I took a lot of ribbing about my own gear-buying habits. Dude, when it comes to buying gear, you're in the major leagues! Me, I'm just a utility outfielder for the Toledo Mud Hens. ;)

By the way, it looks like you might now have to consider adding that new Squier Stratocaster Wing to the warehouse. Ha ha ha! :D

Anyways, so I stay on-topic, I have (4) main pedals that I use, although not with all of my amps, and usually not all of them at once. First, I have the Zoom G2, which is a multi-effects processor, but a pedal none-the-less; then, there's the DigiTech "Dynamic Duo" of the venerable Bad Monkey and Tone Driver; and lastly, my "old reliable" - a vintage Electra EQ. I'm about "that close" to pulling the trigger on a Dunlop Cry Baby wah pedal, and may just do so here in the coming weeks.

My favorite pedal combo of all is to use my Bad Monkey & EQ through my Classic 30, playing my newly-Custom Shop pick-up outfitted MIM Strat on that juicy, delicious neck p'up. Yes indeed, it IS floodin' down in Texas! ;)

Spudman
June 1st, 2006, 04:32 PM
Rock n roll made me tough so we don't eat steaks round here. Strictly road kill and warm open beers with cigarette butts dropped inside. Are you "tough enough?" (insert Jimmi Vaughn lick)
Sure, come on by. I usually have a ton of left over gourmet food from catering parties for millionaires through the summer. Don't bother to bring an axe, I've got you covered there.;)

I think Spud should sponsor a Fret.Net BBQ for his friends (us) and let us have free reign over all his equipment whilst he prepares juicy steaks and thoughtfully refills the cooler with choice beers for his guests to enjoy......*thumbs up Spudman*

Spudman
June 1st, 2006, 04:34 PM
By the way, it looks like you might now have to consider adding that new Squier Stratocaster Wing to the warehouse. Ha ha ha! :D

Already did. It's called The Spud Experience. Looks alot like a quanset hut with a dirt roof.

Tim
June 1st, 2006, 04:52 PM
I use to have a lawn. It’s all dirt now. I don't know what killed it? It was either the chinch bugs or the drought we are having. Maybe both. The last time I cut it was 6 weeks ago..

SuperSwede
June 2nd, 2006, 04:30 AM
I usually have a ton of left over gourmet food from catering parties for millionaires through the summer.

So you attend a lot of these parties? Please send a doggybag to me.

On topic? Oh.. I only use my tonelab but I think I would like a external compressor and perhaps another CE-5 chorus.

Iago
June 4th, 2006, 05:15 PM
I only bought three pedals in my whole guitarristic life.. a zoom 503 (amp modulator i guess) a zoom 505 II and a danelectro t-bone distortion... guess that`s why im so averse of them! :D

JLefty
June 6th, 2006, 08:46 AM
My pedal collection quite skimpish but I have a Boss EQ, Bad monkey,Danelectro phaser(I love it), Boss ds-1 and a MI audio crunch box.

john