PDA

View Full Version : Video Lesson 9-11-08 Eighth Notes and Subdividing Time

mark wein
September 11th, 2008, 05:42 PM
A little more of the time and rhythm theory...I have another lesson for this already shot demonstrating how to strum eighth notes that I will try and get finished this weekend...:)

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=98&Itemid=35

Next week I might start a series on playing slide guitar...let me know if you guys are interested!

Spudman
September 11th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Timing is so important. Great lesson Mark.

mark wein
September 11th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Timing is so important. Great lesson Mark.

Thanks!

its important but boring...I don't think many people are into these lessons but I think its vital stuff that I'd like to have on my website...:)

sunvalleylaw
September 11th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Again you continue to hit on stuff I am working on with my instructor. I have not had time to spend with each of the last lessons you have posted, but they continue to track in an almost freakish way. LOL! I have been working on TEFview rhythm lessons from my instructor, including various combos of 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 notes, triplets, etc. This will help, as it always helps to come at it a different way, and I can do this in the car. with the metronome in my iPhone, and while listening to music. With these lessons I am finally developing a foot tap, whereas I relied on my head before. This lesson give me something to do when I drive or whatever to re-inforce it. Thanks again.

Disraeli
September 11th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks alot, I have been looking for ways to improve my timing and rhythm, I will have to look into your book. Thanks again.

mark wein
September 12th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Thanks alot, I have been looking for ways to improve my timing and rhythm, I will have to look into your book. Thanks again.

Again you continue to hit on stuff I am working on with my instructor. I have not had time to spend with each of the last lessons you have posted, but they continue to track in an almost freakish way. LOL! I have been working on TEFview rhythm lessons from my instructor, including various combos of 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 notes, triplets, etc. This will help, as it always helps to come at it a different way, and I can do this in the car. with the metronome in my iPhone, and while listening to music. With these lessons I am finally developing a foot tap, whereas I relied on my head before. This lesson give me something to do when I drive or whatever to re-inforce it. Thanks again.

Thanks guys!

Rhythm (and my internal clock) are things that I have fought with since I've picked up the guitar...you can never spend too much time working working on it.

Working on rhythm away from the guitar is also a great idea. One of my students showed me his iPhone metronome and he does the same thing in the car :D