PDA

View Full Version : Learned a new tune

sensei
September 12th, 2008, 12:41 PM
hey all,

I learned Weezers's song "Island In The Sun" in the last couple days. Pretty easy too. I've never much liked Weezer, but this song really caught me by surprise the other day on the radio.

I'd recommend learning this song to any beginner/intermediate.

sumitomo
September 12th, 2008, 06:37 PM
That's cool,do you know how to record on the computer?I don't but would like to learn.So maybe someone could make a short vid on how to.Sumi:D

sensei
September 15th, 2008, 06:44 AM
You can plug directly (with adapter) from amp to computer input jack, but there is usually a real loss in sound quality. There are software/hardware packages you can buy that make higher quality recordings possible. Sony make something called the "Light Snake" that seems like a decent product. Has anybody tried it?

warren0728
September 15th, 2008, 07:28 AM
i have a light snake and it worked well....(now i use my rp250) one neat feature of the light snake is the dual jack so you can plug into your computer for direct recording and to an amp or monitor at the same time....

ww

sensei
September 15th, 2008, 09:14 AM
One of these days I'd like to buy one (light snake).

Speaking of "Island In The Sun" though, any ideas on a next/similar song. Not real fast, catchy rhythm, etc.

M

Tibernius
September 15th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Speaking of "Island In The Sun" though, any ideas on a next/similar song. Not real fast, catchy rhythm, etc.

Maybe try "Burn Baby Burn" by Ash and "Seven Days in The Sun" or "Buck Rogers" by Feeder.

sensei
September 15th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks Tib...,

I'll check those out. Don't think I've heard 'em on the radio yet.

S