PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ontario Fretters

just strum
September 12th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Well, it's been awhile, but it looks like I'm headed north again. Probably be up there the entire week of 9/22.

This trip looks like it may be for a week. Our biggest customer, Honeywell, came in today and ripped us a new -----------. Although we could have provided some argument to their comments, we decided to fall on the sword and get the b----- session over with. Interesting visit, but it would bore you since you don't know the story line.

Now I will probably leave the morning of the 22nd and as I was driving home tonight, I started thinking, damn I'm going to get lost again.

sumitomo
September 12th, 2008, 06:38 PM
You heard him hurricane Strum's a comming evacuate now while you can.Sumi:D:D

ted s
September 12th, 2008, 06:58 PM
hey, I work for a company that rhymes with *oneywell and starts with H!

Check your pm's Strummi.

just strum
September 12th, 2008, 07:14 PM
hey, I work for a company that rhymes with *oneywell and starts with H!

Check your pm's Strummi.

No PM received as of 9:14PM

tot_Ou_tard
September 12th, 2008, 08:07 PM
No PM received as of 9:14PM Did you look in your new ----------------?

just strum
September 12th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Did you look in your new ----------------?

Last PM was August 31st

ted s
September 12th, 2008, 09:19 PM
hmm, guess I didn't click send...
It went like this...
Hey Strumm email your details, currently I am working midnights on a job in London until who knows when and my daytime is spent sleeping (boy is that fun..:whatever: )
But.. things could change.

Ted

just strum
September 21st, 2008, 06:11 AM
Well, I'm scheduled to leave for the Toronto area early Tuesday morning. I'll be staying at the Marriott in Mississauga. I'll probably head back to Ohio Thursday or Friday - it is still up in the air if this will be a weekly trip, but I know Honeywell will push for that.

Back in March one of the Ontario fretters sent me directions on the best way to get up there when coming over through Buffalo, but I can't find those directions. I want to avoid that damn toll road with the cameras that sends a bill to the house about a month after you used the road. More than that, I want to avoid getting lost as I have with each visit. I'm not sure why I can get out without getting lost, but for some reason as soon as I leave the QEW I somehow get turned around.

The Marriott is
7015 Century Ave
Mississauga, Ont., Canada

If someone up there could PM me some GOOD directions, I would certainly welcome that. I've used Mapquest, but with no good results.

Ted, did you get the e-mail I sent you?

ted s
September 21st, 2008, 06:37 AM
Sorry, yes I did. I'm loosing track of days, this working midnights is killing me, my clock is totally screwed.
Check out this link bud..
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&saddr=buffalo&daddr=7015+Century+Avenue,+Mississauga,+ON+(Courty ard+By+Marriott+Mississauga)&hl=en&geocode=%3BFf5NmQIdKxU_-yG5Gc3dmydp7A&mra=ls&dirflg=t&sll=43.243202,-79.356995&sspn=0.978351,1.768799&ie=UTF8&ll=43.243202,-79.354248&spn=0.978351,1.768799&z=9

No 407 toll road.

just strum
September 21st, 2008, 07:11 AM
Sorry, yes I did. I'm loosing track of days, this working midnights is killing me, my clock is totally screwed.
Check out this link bud..
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&saddr=buffalo&daddr=7015+Century+Avenue,+Mississauga,+ON+(Courty ard+By+Marriott+Mississauga)&hl=en&geocode=%3BFf5NmQIdKxU_-yG5Gc3dmydp7A&mra=ls&dirflg=t&sll=43.243202,-79.356995&sspn=0.978351,1.768799&ie=UTF8&ll=43.243202,-79.354248&spn=0.978351,1.768799&z=9

No 407 toll road.

Thanks. Maybe this time I won't get lost and get a $20 toll charge sent to the house a month from now.

just strum
September 22nd, 2008, 04:57 PM
I don't know what is going on up there, but you can not find a room between Georgetown and Toronto until the end of the week.

I ended up on Scottsdale Drive in Guelph.

ted s
September 22nd, 2008, 05:09 PM
Holy crap, nice and close..;)
The sofa in my garage is closer than that.
Did you try Milton or Burlington ?

just strum
September 22nd, 2008, 05:44 PM
Holy crap, nice and close..;)
The sofa in my garage is closer than that.
Did you try Milton or Burlington ?

No, when I couldn't find anything in Mississauga and towards the airport, it was obvious that the booked rooms had to do with something in or around Toronto. I then booked a room in Kitchener, but canceled that when I located a room in Guelph. Prior to the hotel at Kitchener, I had made so many phone calls I decided that was enough and settled on Guelph. The guy from Honeywell will probably be pissed since he wanted me to book a room where he is staying so he could review all the issues at Alcoa with me - what can I say s--t happens.

I'm thinking of throwing my Squier in my Fender case and bringing that and the RP350 up with me so I can play in the room. I figure if it gets stolen, I'm out $90 for the guitar, plus some more for a broken case.

How will a guitar tolerate being in a trunk of a car during the day?

Hey Ted, what's the weather suppose to be like this week?

ted s
September 22nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
I would think your "beater" should be fine in the trunk above freezing.

http://ca.weather.yahoo.com/forecast/CAXX0050_c.html

Childbride
September 22nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
i see how you are. still planning those trips north instead of south. [snicker]

you allergic to texas?

just strum
September 23rd, 2008, 05:42 PM
:canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:

I arrived about 10:30 this morning and I am happy to report that I didn't get lost. It was a gorgeous day in Ohio and Ontario today and it is suppose to stay that way the remainder of the week. Still haven't decided to head back Thursday or Friday, tomorrow's progress will be a good indication.

I have to get a job like the one the Honeywell rep has. The guy comes in, pushes delivery on parts, holds a conference call near the end of the day, goes back to the hotel, comes back to the supplier in the morning and repeats. Monday and Fridays are travel days. Not a bad gig, eh (Canadian talk)?

CB, I don't know when they will send me south, however i did see a Texas license plate up here.

just strum
September 23rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
I just looked out my window and there is a big mall across the street. If I stick around for the week I will have to take a walk over there. Can't see a name of the mall - any of the Ontario folks know what mall is in Guelph?

Algonquin
September 23rd, 2008, 07:49 PM
Can't say I know to much about Guelph Strummy... I'm about 80+ miles east of there so it's foreign terrain to me.

ted s
September 23rd, 2008, 09:13 PM
Galleria ?

just strum
September 25th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Galleria ?no, Stone Mall

I'm suspending my travel and will be heading back tomorrow morning and my first stop will be Washington to break the deadlock over the bail out. I will then travel to Ohio to resume my normal duties.

I leave the country for a few days and all hell breaks loose.

This is NOT a political statement, just humor in some disappointing times.

I'm moving to Canada - they have cool looking money.

just strum
September 26th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Well to the folks up north, a tip of the hat and I will say again - I love your country (except that snow part).

I left there this morning at 4:30 and arrived in the office at 9:10 - made great time. Only had a problem for a few miles on the QEW when I hit a patch of fog. Since I am not familiar with the road and the construction, I had to slow it down.

If they had the $10,000 speeding fine here in Ohio, I would be on the run. I am amazed that the QEW is the only place I've seen that sign posted and by far that is where I see people speeding the most.

In the "learn something new everyday category, I didn't know these stores really existed, until I saw one alongside the QEW

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Beer.jpg

ted s
September 26th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Glad to hear you like it here Strum.:D
Did you cross back in Buffalo or Windsor/Detroit ?

just strum
September 26th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Glad to hear you like it here Strum.:D
Did you cross back in Buffalo or Windsor/Detroit ?

Buffalo. Windsor/Detroit is about 75 miles longer and Detroit is always full of construction. I was glad I wasn't heading home Wednesday morning, there was an accident on the QEW that shut it down.