PDA

View Full Version : Marshall, not amphs or amps

evenkeel
September 13th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Caught a terrific concert last night.

Marshall Crenshaw, solo at the Rams Head Tavern. If you don't know Crenshaw he is a terrific singer songwriter with a power pop sensibility. I'm a sucker for well crafted pop songs, so Crenshaw has been a fave for years. Last time I saw him was in the late 80's at the old Bottom Line in NYC.

He did a nice mix of material. The old stuff I remember well, Someday Someway, Cynical Girl, Whenever you're on My Mind and some very good new tunes. Also a great cover of "This guys in Love with You", the old Burt Bachrach tune. Seems wierd, but it worked really well.

Played a beautiful arch top Guild and a Baritone Danelectro.

just strum
September 13th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Boy, a name I haven't heard in some time.

Here's a stripped down version of one of his hits.

GTprkqljVKk

eichaan
September 13th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I love Marshall Crenshaw. I haven't seen him live since the 90's. One of my favorite shows ever was MC and Graham Maby as a guitar/bass duo. It proved that you can rock without drums.

Jimi75
September 13th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I only knew him from being the Buddy Holly in the movie. Here's a great song of Buddy covered by Marshall - and listen to that beautiful solo you can't play that with hardtails :whatever:

l16nX3B-WJ4

evenkeel
September 13th, 2008, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE=just strum]Boy, a name I haven't heard in some time.

Here's a stripped down version of one of his hits.
[QUOTE]

Strummy,
That is the same guitar he played last night. Beautiful Guild. Hat and shirt is also the same, which is a little unsettling!!! :D