PDA

View Full Version : Misunderstood

chongmagic
September 13th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Hello everyone, I know it has been a while since I posted any songs. But I finally got some free time and I decided to try out my new acoustic and electric on this recording.

Please forgive the sound of the mic, it would sometimes clip and my vocal recording skills are not that great. Mainly, because I rarely do vocals.

The acoustic is a little tinny but it due to playing through an RP350 using the drum machine.

The song is called Misunderstood and you can hear it at:

http://www.myspace.com/elysianfieldsrock

Acoustic Ibanez EW20ASE

Electric Ibanez RG2550Z

Let me know what you all think.

SuperSwede
September 13th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Hey Tung, I liked your track a lot.. the audio isnt that bad.

My only complain (?) is the drum track, I think that you should try with another drum pattern/beat.

oldguy
September 13th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I thought it sounded pretty darn good.:beer: The drums could be changed as Swede said, the guitars sounded good to me. Nice to see ya hangin' round again.
I don't get to visit as often as I'd like these days either......
Thanks for sharing your music with us Chong, I enjoyed it a lot. :AOK:

helliott
September 13th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I like the song, a lot. Nice structure, lyrics. I'd find a more hand drum percussion feel. And while the solo at the end is good, I find the overdriven tone a bit out of kilter with the vibe of the song. I'd like to hear it on an acoustic or clean electric or even nylon string. Good song overall though.

chongmagic
September 13th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Thank you for the kind words. I have to admit I kind of got into a zone when I was recording the lead part. Like I said I used my RG2550, which I ordered six months ago and finally received it last week, and most likely got a little too solo happy.

I use Ableton and have been a little too lazy to write any drum tracks myself. So I mainly use the ones that are pre-programmed into the RP350 pedal.

By the way does anyone know of an easy way to make software drum tracks?

Thanks again for the advice, I need all I can get when it comes to recording.

FrankAxtell
September 14th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Not a bad tune...just try and focus a bit more on your vocal pitch and phrasing, that's just means spending more time singing (warming up) and auditioning the track... this is meant as a constructive critique by the way. I think it was a good effort overall. Keep up the good work and post some more soon. :)

chongmagic
September 14th, 2008, 08:12 PM
I appreciate your feedback Frank, you are an awesome guitarist and composer. I have listened to many of your tracks over and over and am always blown-away.

Hopefully, someday things at work will slow down and I will have more time to work on my recording skills. The problem is I know what I want but getting it from my brain to the recording is sometimes problematic.

Thank you all again for your input.

Chong

Jimi75
September 23rd, 2008, 12:52 PM
That's a nice composition. Good guitars, a nice and very melodic solo and your voice is true/honest. By the way I know a song called Misunderstood by Dreamtheater and a song called Elysian Fields by Megadeth, mabye they influenced your guitar playing, who knows :-)

:bravo: