PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Zinn

sumitomo
September 13th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I heard some of his blues and it was great,now he has a reggie flavor,now I have never really liked reggie (cause it was all sounding the same)but I really like his stuff.Look around aand check it out cause I do not know how to post youtube ect.Sumi:D

Robert
September 13th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I don't know this reggie guy, but I can tell from your comments he doesn't taste good and that you never liked him. :D :D

I think you meant Reggae (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggae)?

just strum
September 13th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I heard some of his blues and it was great,now he has a reggie flavor,now I have never really liked reggie (cause it was all sounding the same)but I really like his stuff.Look around aand check it out cause I do not know how to post youtube ect.Sumi:D

zSD1pRzHP-s

O0QK649Ay3E

sumitomo
September 13th, 2008, 07:03 PM
No,No reggae,reggie you konw what I mean.I like this stuff though.Sumi:D

just strum
September 13th, 2008, 07:12 PM
No,No reggae,reggie you konw what I mean.I like this stuff though.Sumi:D

Just say it's the way they spell it in Bend Or. Maybe that's where amph got its start.

tot_Ou_tard
September 13th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I thought Rusty Zinn was Roach (Reggie) Mulligan's sidekick.

sumitomo
September 13th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Sorry about my spellin' I just got new readin'glasses and their freakin me out.Sumi:D

Jimi75
September 14th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Never heard of him before, but I like what I hear. Thanks for posting that video, he learned his Blues lesson and his playing and singing are tasty. :bravo:

P.S.:

Maybe we have a new classic here?
Reggie, Amph....????

:master:

ZMAN
September 14th, 2008, 08:37 AM
The first time I heard of him was on the Alligator records 30th Anniversary CD. He does a song called the Chill that has a Rhumba beat, sort of
reggie (ae) sound I guess. I have only heard the one song.

sumitomo
September 14th, 2008, 09:57 AM
That song The Chill is great.Sumi:D

sumitomo
September 14th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Never heard of him before, but I like what I hear. Thanks for posting that video, he learned his Blues lesson and his playing and singing are tasty. :bravo:

P.S.:

Maybe we have a new classic here?
Reggie, Amph....????

:master:
Ya mon I get no screamin solo from my amph,wilst reggie.I need that vanillia sound ya.Sumi:D

birv2
September 14th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Rusty is one of my favorite blues guitarists, and the 2nd clip shows why. He's a great accompanist -- always in the pocket, tasty, not overpowering, supporting the song. When he takes his solo, he's very melodic with just the right amount of notes. He doesn't have to impress you with his shrederrific skills, like many blues guitarists. Very sweet tone -- you can tell he's listened a lot to the early blues cats as well as the 50's rock guitarists as well.

He's also a real nice guy. I met him at a local club when he was with Mark Hummel. I think that's Hummel playing the harp, though it's hard to tell without his trademark hat!

Thanks for posting this.