PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Les Paul Traditional

ZMAN
September 14th, 2008, 08:51 AM
I have been gassing for a Gibson LP Standard for a while. I settled last year for a Studio but that just didn't quell my Gas. I also have an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom and that is a nice guitar.
I recently saw that Gibson has come out with a Traditional model. It looks really cool and sounds like it will be what I want.
Does anyone own one yet. Or has anyone tried one out in the shop? I called my local shop and I can get a pretty good deal on one.
I am ok with the 50s style neck, and pickup combo.

Spudman
September 14th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Uh oh!:thwap:

As long as you're buying why not get us one too.:D

GAS GAS GAS when will it end? Best of luck mate.
A great way to end all future GAS is to just get one of these (http://www.jetguitars.com/) and be done with it...I mean as long as you're GASing.

ZMAN
September 14th, 2008, 11:59 AM
No Spud that is as far away from a guitars looks as it would ever want. I actually want a plain top, I do not like flame maple on a guitar. It was either an R8 or something with very little flame. The Traditional is as close as it gets for the money. I was quoted 2089 for the Traditional. That is delievered to my local shop, with a pro set up. Taxes on top but he gives me a good trade in value on my guitars.

Spudman
September 14th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Taxes on top but he gives me a good trade in value on my guitars.

"Trade in" what's that?:confused:

just strum
September 14th, 2008, 12:10 PM
"Trade in" what's that?:confused:

that's when you take in some things that belong to your neighbor and see if the guy at the music shop has any interest in them.

Brian Krashpad
September 14th, 2008, 01:10 PM
that's when you take in some things that belong to your neighbor and see if the guy at the music shop has any interest in them.

And if he does he pays you half of what you could get for them on the open market.

:thwap:

ZMAN
September 14th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Unlike GC and others my guy is very fair with my trade ins. He gives me a price for the guitar and then we negotiate what I will get for my trade ins. He takes that off the top and because of the 13% sales tax, I get just about what I would have got on the open market. He know my stuff is mint or better. Usually when you trade on ebay or craiglist you do not charge tax and then you take that money to buy the new one at full price and pay the tax. So you can see where I am coming from.

just strum
September 14th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Unlike GC and others my guy is very fair with my trade ins. He gives me a price for the guitar and then we negotiate what I will get for my trade ins. He takes that off the top and because of the 13% sales tax, I get just about what I would have got on the open market. He know my stuff is mint or better. Usually when you trade on ebay or craiglist you do not charge tax and then you take that money to buy the new one at full price and pay the tax. So you can see where I am coming from.

13%? http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/yikes.gif

ZMAN
September 14th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Yes sir in fact it is there is Provincial tax at 8%, and Goods and services at 5%. I know other dealers do not give such good trade ins but I have purchased 8 guitars an amp and a couple of Fulltone pedals from him as well as cases for them. I complained once about the price on my CV Strat and he gave me 25 dollar in store credit to use any time. They are great people.
Oh and next time you are up here make sure you stop at customs and apply to get your GST back. You can get a refund on any you pay up here. Check it out.

just strum
September 14th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Oh and next time you are up here make sure you stop at customs and apply to get your GST back. You can get a refund on any you pay up here. Check it out.

If nothing changes, I will be spending the week of 9/22 up there. I will have to remember the GST refund.

My biggest issue will be not getting lost when I leave the QEW. Plus I have to avoid that toll road that sends a bill to my house. Of course, that's where I always seem to get lost and just rack up the charges.

ZMAN
September 15th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Yea avoid the 407 like the plague. It is ridiculously expensive. I thought the New York Thruway towards Maine was bad. The easiert way to go is QEW to 403 to 401. The 401 basically cuts Toronto in half so you can get anywhere from there.
I though they didn't charge the US drivers. Are you telling me they send you a bill. I used to have a transponder for that highway and when I stopped using the 407 they still sent me a bill for $2.50 a statement fee, even when the balance was zero. Unbelieveable.