PDA

View Full Version : Tweren't for nothin'....

duhvoodooman
June 2nd, 2006, 08:10 PM
...they called him "the Humbler"! It's a big download (66MB!), but if you've never seen Danny Gatton's '92 ACL appearance, you owe it to yourself to check it out:

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/sugaree/dannygatton1992_austincitylimits.wmv

(Suggestion: Right-click the link and select "Save target as..." to save the big WMV file to your hard drive. Believe me, trying to stream this video is a painful experience!)

Spudman
June 2nd, 2006, 09:43 PM
Holy s***! I now have about 25 guitars for sale if anyone is interested. After seeing Danny Gatton I'm calling it quits.

Only until tomorrow though. Man was he sumthin else.

blogan
June 2nd, 2006, 11:28 PM
Holy s***! I now have about 25 guitars for sale if anyone is interested. After seeing Danny Gatton I'm calling it quits.
Time to "throw in the towel" on the piano, sax, trumpet, and upright bass, too. ;)

Wow! :eek:

Spudman
June 3rd, 2006, 08:10 AM
Danny Gatton's band would have no problem showing those heavy metal girl bands a thing or two.

jpfeifer
June 3rd, 2006, 09:08 AM
I love this! This is the kind of playing that really impresses me. That guy gets so much out of a Telecaster. What a player! Yeah, time to burn my guitar again dang that Danny Gatton, ... Eric Johnson , Paul Gilbert, Jeff Beck ... and . Truthfully, I find this Danny Gatton playing really inspiring. Time to practice!

-- Jim