PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes the Life of a Rock Star Can Take Its Toll on a Guy

just strum
September 14th, 2008, 03:40 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/1558997703_lh.jpg

I guess being in Motley Crue is a tough existence.

tot_Ou_tard
September 14th, 2008, 03:51 PM
He's been relic'd. That's makes him worth more.

Spudman
September 14th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Mr. Mars suffers from a disease. Look around the net and you can find out what it is.

marnold
September 14th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Yeah, he's got ankylosing spondylitis, a degenerative form of arthritis that basically makes your spine fuse together. I think it's a genetic thing. I know it wasn't anything lifestyle-related. I watched the documentary where Motley Crue re-formed and he looked like he was 80.

just strum
September 14th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah, he's got ankylosing spondylitis, a degenerative form of arthritis that basically makes your spine fuse together. I think it's a genetic thing. I know it wasn't anything lifestyle-related. I watched the documentary where Motley Crue re-formed and he looked like he was 80.

I saw a reunion concert on TV and he had trouble walking, but I'm not convinced all of what we see is from a disease or a genetic thing. Unless the medication he's on brings on some of that look.

I'm not making fun of the disease, but look at those eyes.

tot_Ou_tard
September 14th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Yow, you never know.

Brian Krashpad
September 14th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I read the Crue biography. Mars has always been the "old man" of the group and the odd man out because of his disease.

No telling how much other things might have contributed to it though. Some people can keep things secret for years. I recently was told a longtime (almost 20 years) acquaintance of mine (have done some gigs together, he recorded a couple albums I've done with a couple different bands, have been to parties at his homes over the years, etc.) was a heroin addict. I have no way of confirming short of asking the guy, which I wouldn't feel comfortable doing.

stingx
September 15th, 2008, 06:12 AM
He still looks like a million dollars compared to Keef.

Brian Krashpad
September 16th, 2008, 08:31 AM
He still looks like a million dollars compared to Keef.

File under "damning with faint praise." :D

sumitomo
September 16th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Are you guys sure that isn't one of those wax figures,like at the wax museum's.He just does not look real.Sumi:D