PDA

View Full Version : Tonight I stayed

Spudman
September 14th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Some of you may have read my 'walked out tonight' thread about the bass player who was being lazy and wouldn't get his poop grouped. Well we have an official 180 degree turnaround. He played very well tonight.

I threw about 4 songs that he hadn't played before at him and he pulled them off nicely. At the first break he pulled me aside and told me that I was right and he wants to continue to play with me and will work on the material. Seems he was looking for a steady gal and found one in one of the singers that sat in with us last week. Unfortunately she lives where Sunvalleylaw lives so...well maybe that isn't so unfortunate.

He also got some more jobs from the company he works for and settled in to a new house so now he's feeling more stable. I let him know that he's still on trial and consistency is going to be important.

He's definitely feeling more optimistic and is working on landing us some good paying gigs for the upcoming holidays.

I guess someone (me) just had to put my foot down. Hopefully I won't have to post any more on the 'walked out tonight' thread.

sunvalleylaw
September 14th, 2008, 11:27 PM
That is nice news. Glad you, and he, had a good night.

tot_Ou_tard
September 15th, 2008, 12:50 AM
That's great Spud! Let's hope that this doesn't become a yo-yo.

Spudman
September 15th, 2008, 06:57 AM
That's great Spud! Let's hope that this doesn't become a yo-yo.

Yo!:AOK:

duhvoodooman
September 15th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Tough love triumphs again! ;) Hope he stays on track for ya....

Spudman
September 15th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Tough love triumphs again! ;) Hope he stays on track for ya....

Me too. If he wasn't such a big guy I'd have to think about thumping him on the noggin but maybe I won't have to. Maybe just throw cold water on him from time to time.:D

tunghaichuan
September 15th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Me too. If he wasn't such a big guy I'd have to think about thumping him on the noggin but maybe I won't have to. Maybe just throw cold water on him from time to time.:D

Yeah, you know what they say about big guys: the bigger they are, the harder they hit. :D

tung

street music
September 15th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Spud,
Every band needs direction and that means someone has to lead the way, you did a good job and hopefully it will work.

Spudman
September 15th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Spud,
Every band needs direction and that means someone has to lead the way, you did a good job and hopefully it will work.

So far it is. All the guys are enjoying the music and the folks that have heard us are happy that there is a decent band in town that isn't playing the same old stuff. I'm happy about that too since I chose 96% of the material.:)

bigoldron
September 17th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Glad to hear it, Spudster! Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Spudman
September 17th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Glad to hear it, Spudster! Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Will do amigo.:beer:

Jimi75
September 18th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Hey that sounds like this guy understood!
Good news Spud.

Last week I also had a short rendezvous with our singer who ran out of lyrics and told me that it's not important 'cause nobody is listening to the lyrics. I told him about my attitude towards music and the audience and that if he doesn't share he has to quit, because I do not want my reputation to suffer from such performances. Two days later he called and said that he understands and that it was stupid from him.

:)

Spudman
September 18th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Hey that sounds like this guy understood!
Good news Spud.

Last week I also had a short rendezvous with our singer who ran out of lyrics and told me that it's not important 'cause nobody is listening to the lyrics. I told him about my attitude towards music and the audience and that if he doesn't share he has to quit, because I do not want my reputation to suffer from such performances. Two days later he called and said that he understands and that it was stupid from him.

:)

That's great. See, sometimes folks just need a kick to wake them up. I'm not averse to frequent kicking if it is needed.:D

evenkeel
September 18th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Very nicely done. It's often hard to tell when to dangle the carrot and when to us the stick. Sounds like you used the stick wisely and then came back with a couple of atta boys.

Hope things continue to go well. :bravo:

Brian Krashpad
September 20th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Yay! Congrats.