PDA

View Full Version : Asked to do a soundtrack

Spudman
September 15th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I just got off the phone with my local DJ friend and he asked me if I'd like to come up with a groovy, funky 5 minute instrumental piece that the station would use for years to come as their bed for the sports scores and updates segments. This would play behind all the voice-overs. Unfortunately it would be uncompensated but might look good on my resume'. What?! Like I'm gonna get a job?

Could be a fun project but I'm going to have to get savvy with my recording software fast.

R_of_G
September 15th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Good luck with it Spud. I look forward to hearing what you come up with. I'm sure it will be quite cool.:AOK:

Guitar music can work very well in that position. NPR uses quite a bit of Bill Frisell's work during their news programming.

evenkeel
September 15th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Very cool! Congrats!! :bravo:

Looking forward to a preview.

SuperSwede
September 16th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Thats super cool!

Time to fire up ye olde Cubase and brew a large pot of coffee!

sunvalleylaw
September 16th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Awesome! Not too much coffee though, knowing you. I can't wait to hear what you come up with. I know it will be good.

no pressure though, . . . really! ;)

Jimi75
September 16th, 2008, 12:43 PM
GO FOR IT!

It's very interesting to do produce and compose soundtracks. I put up some stuff I made with movieclips on my myspacesite (youngblueproductions) and I have received a lot of requests from sportsmen and little companies who asked me if I couls compose little themes for them and so I did some work over the past 2 years in the soundtrack sector and it is very ecxiting.

Good luck!

:bravo:

Robert
September 16th, 2008, 01:24 PM
That's awesome! Go for it! Get Ezdrummer or Addictive Drums and get some grooves going fast. Then just funkafy it... :D

Spudman
September 16th, 2008, 03:17 PM
That's awesome! Go for it! Get Ezdrummer or Addictive Drums and get some grooves going fast. Then just funkafy it... :D

EZ Drummer sounds cool. I think I know where I can get a copy of it.:eek:;)

Robert
September 16th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I bet you do. :D