PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pie!

luvmyshiner
September 15th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Less than an hour away from kickoff.:AOK:

[insert obligatory chest thumbing, he=man, testosterone fueled comment here]

Normally at this point I would say "may the best team win". Instead, here's the bet. If your beloved Iggles win, next Sunday I'm makin' cheesesteak. If the Cowboys win, you have to smoke a brisket. That way we both win.:beer:

Childbride
September 15th, 2008, 06:51 PM
:D :D :D held ya to three, big cat.

Childbride
September 15th, 2008, 06:57 PM
:D :bravo: :beer:

evenkeel
September 15th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Holy Cow!! This is one crazy football game. Looks like a damn track meet. MRS Keel has her Eagles #4 jersey on, her eagles socks and may need CPR any minute.

TO is killing the Eagles secondary. But Mcnab and Westbrook look really good. Jackson came this close to the all time bone head award, although Romo may get an honourable mention.

Back to our regular programming. :bravo: :D :rotflmao:

Childbride
September 15th, 2008, 08:29 PM
yup, you got me on crazy. all jersey'd up as well. [different team... :D ]

darned game of bizarre, it is. :D

track meet, i concur.

let's see what happens next half... romo, you'd better get your head together! :beer:

luvmyshiner
September 15th, 2008, 08:35 PM
What in the hell is up with this game?????? Second highest scoring game in Monday Night Football history? The score looks more like a basketball game than a football game.

Ok, looks like it's started back up. Later.

Childbride
September 15th, 2008, 08:54 PM
the barbarian... :D :bravo: :beer:

marnold
September 15th, 2008, 10:04 PM
This Lions fan was pleased as punch to drink a big ol' martini (and a Pilsner Urquell chaser) whilst enjoying this game. The fact that the outcome helped ensure that my fantasy team would win was icing on the cake. Lots o' fun.

Childbride
September 15th, 2008, 10:04 PM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/crow1.jpg

PBP... it could have gone either way, man. it was a danged tight game.

we won b/c i put every single jersey and tshirt on i could have possibly worn. [snicker] i looked like demarcus ware.

may we meet again in battle. :)

k

piebaldpython
September 15th, 2008, 10:39 PM
SHINER AND CB,
CONGRATS to my beloved Texas pals on YOUR win tonite. :bravo: Damn, what a game, huh? A cryin' shame that one of us had to lose! That being said, I will devour that tasty plate of CROW. :rotflmao:
I almost had a heart attack when that jackass, DeSean Jackson, tried to be TOO COOL for the room and semi-spiked the ball BEFORE getting into the end zone. Oh my God!!! ahahahahaaha There just is NO excuse for that.
Has McNabb ever heard of throwing the ball away??? Come on, he cost us YARDS at the end of the game on two consecutive plays. UGH!!! And THAT is what drives us IGGLES fans nuts about him. He gets brain dead at the worst possible time.

MRS. EVENKEEL: Tough loss for us, huh?? Oh well. At least I can drown my sorrows with some Tastykakes tomorrow. :pancake:

Sorry I wasn't able to join in on the frivolity here during the game but we were out celebrating Mrs. PBP's birthday and got home with about 5 minutes left in the first quarter. So, Baby Cobra, Mrs. PBP and I jumped right into watching the game and I never got online until AFTER the game.

luvmyshiner
September 16th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Don't sweat it Pie. So what time should we come over for the brisket this weekend?:bravo:

Spudman
September 16th, 2008, 07:22 AM
possible time.

MRS. EVENKEEL: Tough loss for us, huh?? Oh well. At least I can drown my sorrows with some Tastykakes tomorrow. :pancake:

Tastycakes is a great way to forget the past.:AOK: Bizzare game.:thwap:

just strum
September 16th, 2008, 10:19 AM
See Pie, this is what happens when you build up an tentative upcoming victory - take it from someone who know and lives in Ohio State, Cleveland Browns, and Cleveland Indians country. When it comes to sports, my mouth has been shut.

Note, I left out the CAVS - A guy has to have some sort of hope to hang on to.

piebaldpython
September 16th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Strum....thanks but Cleveland has nothing on Philly when it comes to long-standing athletic team failures!!! I've been around LOSING a lot more often than you have my friend. It was most likely a Philadelphia sporting event in which the phrase, "...snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory." first was uttered. ahaahahha
I knew I was out on a limb about the IGGLES/Cowboys game. My only hope was that we wouldn't get slaughtered. We didn't and we gave them all they could handle.
Now, if we would have lost to the Browns, now that would have been embarassing and I would have had to stay off the forum for a month. ahhaah