PDA

View Full Version : Traynor YCV50 Blue

Robert
October 26th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Have you tried this amp? I played it at L & M in Edmonton last winter, just when they had them as demo models there before "real production" even started. I just want to mention it if you ever see it now that they are starting to get them in music stores. It's a fabulous amp! I fell in love instantly. It is also not very expensive, but you get a whole lotta amp for the dolares.

Traynor is, as you probably know, an old Canadian brand that is now owned by Yorkvilee. They also have a few other nice tube amps - 40w and 20w. They are very cool, but it was something about that blue beauty that knocked me out. If I was buying a 1x12 tube amp for gigging, this one would be at the top of my list.

It has a nice, fat, punchy clean sound, and the OD channel sounds very close to a great sounding Marshall. The reverb sounded terrific on the clean setting, so-so on the OD channel. Very minor issue - I don't use much reverb on gainy sounds anyway. The clean channel is not like that super sparkly Fender Twin tone, more like an old, beat up small Fender amp turned up loud.

Check it out http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?cat=18&id=318&type=32

Christian
October 28th, 2005, 07:43 AM
That amplifier must be very cool, because I have the 40th aniversery 40 watts valve amplifier(red wine) and it's signed by the man himself.

I also bought the cabinet that goes with it.

When I heard that they were making thoses Blue one I went crazy ...because they really upgraded the red wine one