PDA

View Full Version : The Cult - Live at the Ritz in New York (1985)

tremoloman
June 3rd, 2006, 10:51 AM
Ok, here's my first post:

The Cult - Live at the Ritz, NY (December 6, 1985) (http://www.uploading.com/?get=JIRJI78H)
From soundboard - Quality 10/10

01 - Love
02 - Nirvana
03 - Hollwo Man
04 - Big Neon Glitter
05 - Brother Wolf, Sister Moon
06 - Rain
07 - She Sells Sanctuary
08 - Go West
09 - Spiritwalker
10 - Horse Nation
11 - The Phoenix
12 - Revolution
13 - Bone Bag
14 - Wild Thing / Louie Louie

It is the entire CD in HQ VBR MP3. I compressed the show in 7-Zip format, so you will need to use with WinRAR (http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar351.exe) or 7-Zip (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z442.msi?use_mirror=easynews) to decompress the archive. I use this format since most file storage sites do not detect the MP3s inside and delete them on me. I recommend 7-Zip since it is freeware.

Please let me know what you think of the show! More to come soon!

SuperSwede
June 4th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Thank you thank you thank you...
I love Nirvana & The Rain.. My "oldest" Cult live album is from 1991 so it will be great to hear how they sounded back then.
I only get 10kb/s download, so its going to take a while!
I have a couple of Cult live shows as well, let me know if you need something.

Katastrophe
June 4th, 2006, 06:11 AM
The Cult rocks! I do like their sound better after Billy Duffy moved from the Gretsch to the Les Paul.

Spudman
June 4th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Are these the guys that do "Love Removal Machine?" If so I really like them too. Authentic is what I'd call them.

Katastrophe
June 4th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Yep, that's them... Nothing terribly fancy, just good ol' straight ahead rock n' roll, with attitude!

SuperSwede
June 4th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Yeah, Billy sounds best on Les Paul... Just listen to the great solos on the Ceremony album!

tremoloman
June 5th, 2006, 09:29 AM
I've also got the complete unreleased "Electric" album that got scrapped when Rick Rubin took over as their producer. I think this version is better than the official release myself, so if you want me to upload it just say the word.

SuperSwede
June 5th, 2006, 11:08 AM
I've also got the complete unreleased "Electric" album that got scrapped when Rick Rubin took over as their producer. I think this version is better than the official release myself, so if you want me to upload it just say the word.

SuperSwede says : The Word

VANROCK
November 29th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Any chance for a re-post of this gem? The link seems to be dead. Thanks in advance!

Katastrophe
November 29th, 2010, 08:56 PM
It would be cool! However, the T-man pops in from time to time, rather infrequently... He may miss the post by the time he comes back.

It's always good to see him post, though. He has some killer guitars and is an all around good guy!

BTW, Vanrock, welcome to TheFret! Cruise on by "The Fret Players" section and introduce yourself, gear, et cetera. We do enjoy welcoming new members here!