PDA

View Full Version : What did I just see?

ZMAN
September 16th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I have this site on my favourites and I clicked on it as usual. I came in not logged on and I saw a whole different set up. There were avatars, and lists of equipment and there were pictures right in the threads without going to the links. I could not log in as it did not accept my password.
I rebooted my system and now I am back to normal.
What happened? I thought I was in the twilight zone!

Spudman
September 16th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Do you have a Windows based computer and did you update to SP3?

Kazz
September 17th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Do you have a Windows based computer and did you update to SP3?

You Mac guys always blaming Windows LMAO.....

Spudman
September 17th, 2008, 07:15 AM
You Mac guys always blaming Windows LMAO.....

I'm a PC guy and recently read about the issues that arise after the update to SP3. That's why I said something because the update is recent.

Robert
September 17th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Must have been a computer issue on your end. All good on this end of the tunnel.

ZMAN
September 17th, 2008, 07:33 AM
It was strange Robert. I am on several other sites and they have Avatars under your name and pictures can be seen right in the thread without links to photo bucket etc. When I came into the your site, the avatars showed under the names and there were lists of the persons equipment. It was as if the user CP had been inserted into the thread. I thought there must have been a huge change in the Fret.Net. I have automatic updates so it could have uploaded the new version of XP. I did also have trouble with my wifes facebook account until I rebooted. Very strange.
You don't have any upgrades planned to do those things do you. I thought maybe I had come in to the site when there was a test running.
I used to work on a very large Main frame computer and this would periodically happen.
I checked and if you go to Spudmans profile the Hughes and Kettner amp avatar was under his name and his list of equpment from his signature was under the answer in the thread.
Your sneaker was under your name. Actually I got to see a lot of the guys avatars without going into their personal profile.

Robert
September 17th, 2008, 07:52 AM
No upgrades happening here. Maybe YOU need an upgrade (hint: Mac)! :D :D :D

ZMAN
September 17th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Ok I guess is was just a glitch. It was pretty cool though.

Spudman
September 17th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Oh, I almost forgot...welcome to the Twilight Zone.:D

just strum
September 17th, 2008, 10:24 AM
When I go to this site not logged on, it shows a picture of Robert with "Robert for President" written above his head.

Robert
September 17th, 2008, 11:01 AM
We have an election in Canada right now, so vote Robert for Prime Minister.

ZMAN
September 20th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Robert that is not a thing you would want.
I look at it this way.
"The people who are smart enough to run the country properly, are smart enought to stay out of politics!?"

araT
October 15th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Oddly enough when viewing this forum on my iPod Touch the images appear as images instead of links, which is great on there, I'd hate to have to open a new page whenever I want to see someone's images.

warren0728
October 15th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Oddly enough when viewing this forum on my iPod Touch the images appear as images instead of links, which is great on there, I'd hate to have to open a new page whenever I want to see someone's images.
yeah....same thing on my iphone....as long as it is an embedded image it should show up....

ww

ZMAN
October 17th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I figured it out. I was away in Maine and I logged on, using my daughters computer. When you go into the Fret without logging on. IE view only you get the Avatars, and all of the personal data. I am surprised nobody has noticed this yet. When I log on they are gone.

ZMAN
December 11th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I finally found out what the problem was. There was nothing wrong with my computer. I saw a Sticky talking about Avatars etc. I got to thinking if people can see the avatars and signatures why can't I. So I looked at my profile, and in the "Thread Display Options" none of the boxes were ticked off, and I was seeing nothing. I have never had to do that on any other web site so I didn't go there.
Now I see everything and I have added to my signature.
Brian

Ch0jin
December 11th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Umm....completely OT, but as you said you updated some stuff I clicked on you pics.

OMG!! Is that your Camaro? That thing is shweeeeeeeeeeet :)

Ever since I saw the movie "Better off Dead" back in the 80's I've loved them.

Sadly they are a very rare item over this way. Although, I did saw a bunch of them at the track last weekend. Before the V8 Supercar event, they had a "vintage" event featuring a bunch of Aussie muscle cars from the same era (late 60's-early 70's) and a smattering of Camaro's for good measure. They were never sold here, but back in that time period you'd always see a couple on the track. I still want to own one at some point. I'd love one of the new ones, but -if- we get them here I'm expecting them to be stupidly expensive.

ZMAN
December 12th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Yes that is my Camaro. I have owned 3 69 Z/28s and that is a 68. I it a really nice car now. I had a lot of work to do on it but I would say she is complete now.
Back in 1970 I had a friend return to Australia and he took a 69 Mustang GT fatsback with him. He had to spend 1500 to have it converted to RH drive and 1500 to have it shipped back. That was a lot of money back them but he said it would be a one of a kind car, and he could get a fortune for it when and if he sold it. I never heard from him after that.
Yes when I am cruising in my Camaro all is well with the world.
Thanks for the compliments. I have two hobbies.

Dreadman
December 31st, 2008, 04:14 PM
Cool stuff Zman. The 60's Camaro has been on my "some day" list for 25 years now. One of these days......

Real nice fiddles too. You've got good taste.

ZMAN
January 2nd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Yes Dreadman, I owned one brand new out of College and it took me 25 years to get my second one. Since then I have owned two more. I had a 30,000 original mile Z and I was afraid to drive it. I purchased this one so I could work on it and drive it and I am having a blast.
As far as the guitfiddles go I do take my time and only certain ones talk to me. You have a pretty nice collection yourself. I have never owned a hollow body. My father had one when I was growning up and it was a classical with gut strings, and I hated it. I guess I should try one now that I can play a little better.
I am not much of a strummer. I like the call and response style of blues playing.