PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday pedal

Mr Grumpy
September 17th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I got me a shiny dan Echo pedal for my birthday today. Still exploring it but its very lovely and fat and rich. mmmmmmmm

Spudman
September 17th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Happy birthday then.:)

That's kind of my excuse for getting the Ibanez DE7...well that and I wanted one.:D

warren0728
September 17th, 2008, 03:12 PM
is today your birthday <firing up the pancake griddle> :pancake:

ww

Mr Grumpy
September 17th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Just won a shiny Boss DS1 on evilbay too :rockon:

A pedal tuner and power supply next, then...does the GAS never end?

Spudman
September 17th, 2008, 08:12 PM
A pedal tuner and power supply next, then...does the GAS never end?

End?:thwap: I just wish it would ease up a little.

tunghaichuan
September 17th, 2008, 08:53 PM
End?:thwap: I just wish it would ease up a little.

Ditto. I went into Guitar Center yesterday to check out the BBE Boosta Grande, and walked out with a "pre-owned" Boss CS-3 Compressor. :thwap:

tung

Spudman
September 17th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Ya but the CS-3 is completely justifiable right? Look how much you saved by not getting the other pedal and you really have been needing a compressor because you need a little more control of your rig. Right? See you weren't out of line at all. That wasn't GAS that was smart thinking.

tunghaichuan
September 18th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Ya but the CS-3 is completely justifiable right? Look how much you saved by not getting the other pedal and you really have been needing a compressor because you need a little more control of your rig. Right? See you weren't out of line at all. That wasn't GAS that was smart thinking.

Yeah, I did need one. I find that they smooth out overdrive pedals. It sounds particularly good with my Turbo Overdrive. It was a bargain, too. $43 out the door and there isn't a mark on it. Except that this is the third or fourth one I've owned :thwap: I think I need to start keeping all this stuff. :D

I really don't need the Boosta Grande, but I think it would be cool. DVM is now painting/decalling my Triboost pedal so I'll have the whole booster pedal thing covered. I've also got two of Jack Orman's Mosfet booster boards I need to stuff and put in enclosures.

Although now I'm intrigued by the BBE Sonic Stomp after watching tha modern country licks video yesterday. :dude:

tung

duhvoodooman
September 19th, 2008, 07:32 AM
...I've also got two of Jack Orman's Mosfet booster boards I need to stuff and put in enclosures.
I've been meaning to try one of those for ages. Let me know what you think of it once you build one....

Back to topic:

Nice echo pedal there, Grumpy! Re: the DS-1, if you find the sound a little thin & harsh (that was my opinion; YMMV), there are some nice mod kits available for pretty reasonable prices. I did the Monte Allums Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus mod (http://www.monteallums.com/pedal_mods.html#bossds1) on a used DS-1 I bought, and it really filled out the pedal's tone, I thought.

tunghaichuan
September 19th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I've been meaning to try one of those for ages. Let me know what you think of it once you build one....

I might have to get your help in figuring out how to put those in enclosures. The boards themselves are very reasonably priced, and there aren't that many parts on them. Physically, they are tiny. They come highly recommended on one of the amp modding boards I read.

Back to topic:

Nice echo pedal there, Grumpy! Re: the DS-1, if you find the sound a little thin & harsh (that was my opinion; YMMV), there are some nice mod kits available for pretty reasonable prices. I did the Monte Allums Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus mod (http://www.monteallums.com/pedal_mods.html#bossds1) on a used DS-1 I bought, and it really filled out the pedal's tone, I thought.

Forgot about that one. I have a DS-1 and I like the sound enough that I don't feel like I need to change anything. I got a Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion that gives me the modded DS-1 tone.

tung

Mr Grumpy
September 26th, 2008, 10:04 AM
:cry: my DS-1 didnt arrive - got lost in the wonderful british postal maelstrom. Good seller though , kept in touch and offered instant refund. With which I have ordered a Danelectro Cool cat from the States, shipped to the UK for an astonishing price (£21 delivered!). Cant wait :AOK: