PDA

View Full Version : Another New Guy..............

Teleman77
September 18th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Hello everyone, I've been playing guitar for over 30 years........most of those years on a heavily modded 1977 Fender Telecaster. Can ya guess where my name came from?:thwap: I did the whole "road" thing back in the late 70's thru the 80's, or should say untill I got married! I've still got that same old Telecaster and various other gear and pretty much just do studio stuff and the gun for hire stuff a few times a year.

Thanks for letting me in.

tunghaichuan
September 18th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Welcome Teleman77. This is a great place and great bunch of people.

tung

ted s
September 18th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Welcome Teleman ! nice to have you here.
Let's hear more about that Tele, maybe a picture or 2 ?

warren0728
September 18th, 2008, 06:12 AM
welcome teleman77....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Teleman77
September 18th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Thanks guys. I haven't seen any photos on the site so far.
Do you just post links or can you post the images?
Some site are a little picky with the whole bandwidth issue.

Teleman77
September 18th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Nevermind, I figured it out............setting in userCP.:thwap:

Here's a couple of pics of my old beat up tele..........or at least whats left of it. She's a 1977 Tele that I bought in 1981. I had a custom made Chandler neck with a Schaller Scruggs tuner on the low E installed, EMG pickups, Schaller bridge and all graphite nut and string trees. Like I mentioned before, she's not even remotely stock.......but I can't find another guitar I like better, and I've owned a LOT of guitars!

Meet "Grandma"......

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/teleman77/DSC00596.jpg

Here's one with my 52 RI W/Barden pu's..........yes those are PJ's, don't ask!
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/teleman77/DSC00616.jpg

And here's a couple of the old girl at work.........

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/teleman77/Newguitarsetc001.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/teleman77/ncea00035.jpg

sunvalleylaw
September 18th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Thanks guys. I haven't seen any photos on the site so far.
Do you just post links or can you post the images?
Some site are a little picky with the whole bandwidth issue.

Welcome Teleman! Nice to have you. I saw in the pic thread you musta figured out the photos. If you haven't seen a lot of photos, you haven't seen some of Brian Krashpad's gig threads! (example one: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=3747) :D ;) (we love them Brian, I couldn't find the link to your guitar face post, that was the one i really wanted.)

Teleman77
September 18th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Yes, I figured it out...........thanks!

warren0728
September 18th, 2008, 07:13 AM
love the name grandma!....great pics and don't apologize about the pj's....plaid is where it's at!! :bravo: :pancake:

ww

luvmyshiner
September 18th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Nice Teleman! Welcome to the Fret. We've got some great folks around here.

scgmhawk
September 18th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Welcome, Teleman. :beer: A Tele is my guitar purchase, I'm pretty sure.

Teleman77
September 18th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Yeah, a Tele is the only way to go. I've ownd EVERY type of guitar there is and for just sheer versatilty, you can't beat a Telecaster.

I play everything from Jazz to Blues to Rock to Country and the Tele does it all.

Twang on, Brothers and Sisters!

ET335
September 18th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Welcome Teleman77:beer:

evenkeel
September 18th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the gang. Great bunch of people.

Terrific pics. Good guitar face. :D

Teleman77
September 18th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks, my wife never quits with the "guitar face" photos.:beavisnbutthead:

Brian Krashpad
September 18th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Hey Reuben!

We "met" over in the pic thread, just wanted to give you a proper welcome.

Sa-lute!

duhvoodooman
September 18th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Teleman77! From your MySpace page, I see you like to do the Danny Gatton beer bottle thing on your Tele. Just keep the foam outta your amp!! :eek: ;)

Teleman77
September 18th, 2008, 02:22 PM
You could say I'm a bit of a Gatton freak. Funny thing is, I was doing the beer bottle slide thing LONG before I discovered Danny........but he sure as hell did it right!

And, the beer bottle never gos NEAR my Supersonic.
:beer:

evenkeel
September 18th, 2008, 04:56 PM
You could say I'm a bit of a Gatton freak. Funny thing is, I was doing the beer bottle slide thing LONG before I discovered Danny........but he sure as hell did it right!

And, the beer bottle never gos NEAR my Supersonic.
:beer:

88 Elmira st. is one of my all time faves, in particular his cover of In my Room.

just strum
September 18th, 2008, 05:02 PM
love the name grandma!....great pics and don't apologize about the pj's....plaid is where it's at!! :bravo: :pancake:

ww

As soon as I saw that photo I thought of...

I thought maybe Teleman was one of your relatives or you shop at the same store.

Welcome Teleman!!!

Algonquin
September 18th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Welcome to the Fret Teleman77
Cheers :beer:

markb
September 19th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Welcome, fellow tele' user!

Teleman77
September 19th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Hey Reuben!

We "met" over in the pic thread, just wanted to give you a proper welcome.

Sa-lute!

Sa-lute right back atchya!

88 Elmira st. is one of my all time faves, in particular his cover of In my Room.

Yeah, it's pretty good, and that's not even one of his better ones!
I have all of Danny's albums and I don't think he made a bad one.

And thanks again guy's for the warm welcome........keep it up and I may never leave.

Now If there was only free beer and wings.:D

sumitomo
September 19th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Konnichiwa Teleman.Some nice rides ya got there so hey mista Teleman tele me a lickster.Sumi:D

oldguy
September 20th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Welcome to TheFret Teleman77! Glad you joined us here. :)

Teleman77
September 21st, 2008, 07:13 AM
Thanks oldguy! I see you live in NW Missouri, We're darn near neighbors.

oldguy
September 21st, 2008, 07:59 AM
Yessir, we are!:) I used to head to the Lincoln/Omaha area years ago when a local band of ours played there. The Henry Doorly zoo is pretty awesome,too.
I live N. of St. Joseph, 'bout 30 miles north. I work in K.C. through the week and come home on Sat. evenings, tho.

Teleman77
September 21st, 2008, 08:07 AM
Yessir, we are!:) I used to head to the Lincoln/Omaha area years ago when a local band of ours played there. The Henry Doorly zoo is pretty awesome,too.
I live N. of St. Joseph, 'bout 30 miles north. I work in K.C. through the week and come home on Sat. evenings, tho.

Out of curiosity, what was the name of the band?

oldguy
September 21st, 2008, 08:24 AM
"Blackwater" ...... they were mostly top 40 type........ keyboard, sax, guitar, bass, drums, and pretty good vocals to boot. The members lived around Rockport, MO, but played up your way 'bout once a month, I think.

Teleman77
September 21st, 2008, 09:56 AM
"Blackwater" ...... they were mostly top 40 type........ keyboard, sax, guitar, bass, drums, and pretty good vocals to boot. The members lived around Rockport, MO, but played up your way 'bout once a month, I think.

So, which one of the Evans brothers are you? I got a hunch we've met.

oldguy
September 21st, 2008, 10:01 AM
Haha.......LOL.........neither, I was in a group at the time that went by "Mirage".
We'd go hear Steve and Kim and crew 'cause they inspired us, plus we really liked their sound. That's been yrs. ago. Later Steve and Perry came and did bass and drums for another group I was in called "Wolf River". I was lucky enough to get to play music w/ them for a couple yrs. after Blackwater split up.

Teleman77
September 21st, 2008, 10:15 AM
OK, bad guess! Steve and Kim and I go WAY back. Back in the day, Blackwater played the same club circut that I did, so I got to know the band pretty well.