PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup

Blaze
September 19th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Let see if there s golf fans out there.Today his the start of the Ryder Cup ,a competition facing Europe & U.S. and probably the most exciting event in all of golf .The european won the cup 2 years ago and i think they will again this year...your thoughts

Blazes :dude:

R_of_G
September 19th, 2008, 08:47 AM
I'll be watching. Actually, I am watching it right now. The European players do seem to be having a better year all around than the Americans. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

This is actually the first golf I have watched since Tiger's injury. Without Tiger, I find the regular tournaments kind of boring. I know, some people find it boring when he's in it because it's often a foregone conclusion that he will win, but it's the actual historical significance of his run at Nicklaus' record that intrigues me. I've seen every televised stroke of every one of Tiger's major victories so far. Watching sports history is something amazing.

The Ryder Cup is still interesting to me with or without Tiger because it's match play, which makes for a different approach altogether.

sunvalleylaw
September 19th, 2008, 10:38 AM
My favorite type of nap is in a cool room with a door open for a bit of breeze, with golf quietly playing on TV. I like to wake up a bit, check the play, then go back to snoozing with the sound of polite golf claps lulling me to sleep.

Bloozcat
September 19th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Golf...??

C'mon, it's FOOTBALL season....:D

Really, though, I'm not a big fan of watching golf. It's way to slow for me. I used to play golf, so I do respect the skill it takes to play the game. But, I just can't justify the time committment when there are so many other priorities in my life.

All that said, I hope that those who love the game, really enjoy the Ryder Cup. It looks like it could turn out to be a good tournament.

piebaldpython
September 19th, 2008, 01:32 PM
The Ryder Cup is kinda cool in that it takes what is essentially a mano-a-mano sport and makes parts of it team oriented. Which when they are doing to 2 vs 2 part, gives the Europeans an edge (at least recently) over the USA. I think the Euros communicate better. As in, after I hit, then you'll hit, so where do you want me to hit to to give you your best shot.

Watching golf is great for practicing alternating thumb technique as well as general noddling around!! :D

Played yesterday (best ball scramble) and hit pretty well considering I haven't hit since January. ahhahah

street music
September 19th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I played in a golf scramble yesterday, I hope the USA team can win this one.
I hope Kenny Perry and JB HOLMES have a great tournament.

piebaldpython
September 20th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I hope Kenny Perry and JB HOLMES have a great tournament.

I hope so too......IF.....IF......they can both figure out how to stay out of the water on 18!! :D
Of course, we hackers know that water is a MAGNET for golf balls. They are inexplicably drawn to the water. Maybe they like making a SPLASH!! :rotflmao:

R_of_G
September 20th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Of course, we hackers know that water is a MAGNET for golf balls. They are inexplicably drawn to the water. Maybe they like making a SPLASH!! :rotflmao:

I often refer to my 5 iron as a divining rod. If there's water, it'll find it.

street music
September 20th, 2008, 02:23 PM
The US TEAM is hanging on, I think that we are looking alright. I think that I'll stay of the course tomorrow to watch.

street music
September 22nd, 2008, 04:11 PM
WELL???? THE US TEAM DID WIN YOU KNOW??? Those Kentucky boys had a hand in it too.