PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic case, best deal?

M29
September 21st, 2008, 09:31 AM
Hello,

I am looking for an acoustic hardshell case that won't break the bank. Anything that is a step above the old cardboard case and not a soft case. This is for my Washburn D10SCEB. I don't know if all dreadnoughts are a common size. Any suggestions? I checked this one out but it is hard to tell how good it is without actually holding it or opening it. http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-D10s-Series-Hardshell-Case?sku=541274

Thank you for your time and help.

M29

BluesHowler
September 21st, 2008, 09:41 AM
Check out this http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Durafoam-ShockResistant-Dreadnought-Case?sku=540615 one.

A friend of mine has it and he rides a motorcycle to gigs. One night he had to lay the bike down because a stupid woman yakking on a cell phone almost hit him. Anyways the case kept his guitar safe and undamaged. He lost some skin and the outside of the case was roughed up.

sunvalleylaw
September 21st, 2008, 01:02 PM
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Vintage-Dreadnought-Archtop-Case?sku=541694

This is the one I have. It has been great. Schmooshed into our over-full mini-van on vacation, hauled all over the place. The vinyl has nicked here or there as would be expected given the treatment I have given it, and is similar to other like cases I have seen labeled from Dean and Martin, but has held up just as well. The inside is a firm plush, fits my acoustic dread like it was made for it, and has the standard compartment in side, etc. Nice looking too. I recommend it.

M29
September 21st, 2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys, I think I will go with the hard case SVL, The softer case looks good too BluesHowler but I don't know where me or my teenaged daughter will end up taking it. Not on a motorcycle, those days are gone for me, but oh did I love em

Thanks guys for your time and help.

M29

F4DPhantomII
September 21st, 2008, 06:18 PM
It says in the ad that people have bought it for the Washburn D10S.Just had to give you some grief old friend :poke: .BTW how is my Epi AJ 100 repair coming? Have you stung it yet? My son Brian loved the Epi PR 150 I bought for him on ebay.:rockon:

sunvalleylaw
September 21st, 2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks guys, I think I will go with the hard case SVL, The softer case looks good too BluesHowler but I don't know where me or my teenaged daughter will end up taking it. Not on a motorcycle, those days are gone for me, but oh did I love em

Thanks guys for your time and help.

M29

Did you go with the hard case you found or the one I posted? I bet either would be fine, but just curious.

M29
September 22nd, 2008, 03:32 AM
I am going to polish your guitar repair out today I hope F4. Might get her strung up as well.

SVL I went with your suggestion. That is what I was looking for was someone that actually had one and liked it. The soft case would probably have been fine but I have never had a hardshell case before and wanted one for my 15 dollar ebay fixer upper. :D

Thanks again guys.
M29

F4DPhantomII
September 22nd, 2008, 05:09 AM
M29 Geez I hope yours don't have that funky green velour interior.:poke: :rockon:

sunvalleylaw
September 22nd, 2008, 06:54 AM
Cool M29 Hope you like it. Mine has been great. The green looks better in person, and it seems to be attempting a copy of a Martin case, except adding the archtop. I read the reviews again and some reviewers have said to be careful of the handle, but mine has been fine.

M29
September 22nd, 2008, 07:54 AM
SVL

I think mine will be in Black. The ad said Black but the green looks good, wish it was green!

sunvalleylaw
September 22nd, 2008, 07:58 AM
I bet you are getting green. The order page says black, but also says it has the Emerald Green interior, if you were using the link I posted. I just noticed, it says lifetime warranty too.

M29
September 22nd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Me and SVL like that green F4DPhantomII! :poke: :poke: :D

wingsdad
September 22nd, 2008, 08:02 AM
Green interior or black...the arched top lid is better than the flat lid of the Washburn case.

M29
September 22nd, 2008, 08:34 AM
Duh...I see now the description reads black outside and emerald inside. Cool:AOK: I like the green inside:D

Thanks wingsdad for the insight on the different tops. These are the answerers I was hoping to get from our great forum:rockon:

M29

F4DPhantomII
September 22nd, 2008, 02:50 PM
M29 That's only cause your a MSU Spartan fan.:poke:

M29
September 24th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I got my case today and it is very nice. Thanks SVL for the info. The guitar fits like a glove but the center support keeps the headstock support from touching. I will fix it, no big deal. Nice quality for a decent price, it looks to be very durable:AOK:

Oh, F4Phantom... I am a Dolfin's fan now :poke:

M29

sunvalleylaw
September 24th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Glad you like it. Mine didn't do that to the headstock support. I must have a deeper guitar or something. Hope the fix is easy and that you otherwise enjoy the case.