PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all!

JLefty
June 4th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Hi, I'm John and I have been playing for 1.5 years now. I started playing guitar at 39 and absolutely love it!! I decided to give it a try when I bought my son a guitar for Christmas and for the next month I would fiddle with his guitar(loved everything about it) Being a lefty though, I had to play his upside down, and figured if i was going to do this I had to take the plunge.
So, went out and got me a mim strat and crate20 watt tube amp and have been practicing chords and scales ever since. Also enjoy jamming along with backing tracks.Last month got play quite a bit with a LP studio and blues deville ri and really dug that. This seems like a great site so I'll hang around here and try to absorb all the info:)

aeolian
June 4th, 2006, 07:34 PM
JLefty, welcome. It's a nice bunch of folks here. And don't forget to check out Robert's video lessons.

aeolian

Robert
June 4th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Welcome JLefty! Hang around here and have fun!

Sounds like you got some good gear right from the start.

Iago
June 4th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Welcome John!

It`s really nice to read about people starting at guitar.. i mean, specially at 39! You`re never too late man! Have fun!

SuperSwede
June 5th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Hey Jlefty, welcome to the fret net!

Tim
June 5th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Welcome John,

A lot of great people here. I am a fairly new guitar player here. You can have a lot of questions answered here. My playing ability has doubled since joining the Fret Net.

SuperSwede
June 5th, 2006, 08:45 AM
And your G.A.S attacks as well Tim :)

blogan
June 5th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Welcome, JLefty. I think you started a year younger than I did. I have a MIM strat, too! I think you're going to like it around here. :cool:

Guitar-Chris
June 5th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Hi, I'm John and I have been playing for 1.5 years now. I started playing guitar at 39 and absolutely love it!!

Hey JLefty, welcome here!

And: It's never to late to start with rock'n'roll :R

tremoloman
June 5th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Hi, I'm John and I have been playing for 1.5 years now. I started playing guitar at 39 and absolutely love it!! I decided to give it a try when I bought my son a guitar for Christmas and for the next month I would fiddle with his guitar(loved everything about it) Being a lefty though, I had to play his upside down, and figured if i was going to do this I had to take the plunge.
So, went out and got me a mim strat and crate20 watt tube amp and have been practicing chords and scales ever since. Also enjoy jamming along with backing tracks.Last month got play quite a bit with a LP studio and blues deville ri and really dug that. This seems like a great site so I'll hang around here and try to absorb all the info:)

Welcome aboard! You will find the nicest and most helpful group of musicians here!

JLefty
June 5th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Very nice! I think I'll like it here.

duhvoodooman
June 6th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Very nice! I think I'll like it here.
Yep, I'm sure you will. Lots of great folks here, all levels of experience & ability, and all willing to help & encourage. Welcome, Jlefty!

M29
June 7th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Welcome to Robert's The Fret.Net JLefty! You could not have landed in a better place.

M29

oldguy
June 11th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Welcome, JLefty. I'm a lefty as well, but I learned righty. Do check out Robert's lessons, they are inspiring, very well done!:D

jpfeifer
June 11th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum. There's a good bunch of people here to learn from.

-- Jim