PDA

View Full Version : Spudman, tis question may I ask you?

The_Shredinator21
September 22nd, 2008, 06:41 PM
Hey Spudman pes told me to ask you about the rooftop shot, so eh:confused: ..... what is it?

duhvoodooman
September 22nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
Shred, first, I moved this post over here to the General Guitar Talk forum since it fits here better than at Mods & Projects. No big deal, but try to post in the forum where your topic fits the category best.

Secondly, Spudman doesn't seem to be around right now, but I believe THIS POST (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?p=41261#post41261) is what Pes was referring to. It's over a year old, though, so he's added a few more....

Tim
September 22nd, 2008, 08:05 PM
SO!!! What has happened to Mr. Spuds??? He can't just get up and leave ... he's a Moderator!!!! Is he on a subattical to the mountains or did aliens take him away??? Hurry back Spuds.

sunvalleylaw
September 22nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
Shred, first, I moved this post over here to the General Guitar Talk forum since it fits here better than at Mods & Projects. No big deal, but try to post in the forum where your topic fits the category best.

Secondly, Spudman doesn't seem to be around right now, but I believe THIS POST (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?p=41261#post41261) is what Pes was referring to. It's over a year old, though, so he's added a few more....

Yah, I know of a few. The Luke being one of the primary among them. He is around, but was on the road today. He will be checking back in soon I am sure.

Spudman
September 22nd, 2008, 10:31 PM
Sorry I was out of town for the day.
This is what Pes was talking about. Several more have been added since I got ambitious enough to get all of these together for a photo.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/family109.jpg

ShortBuSX
September 23rd, 2008, 06:45 AM
I like how the MIJ Strat is right in the the front center.
Got any other pics of that one? So what do you think of that one???

Spudman
September 23rd, 2008, 08:05 AM
I like how the MIJ Strat is right in the the front center.
Got any other pics of that one? So what do you think of that one???

You must mean the red one?
No I don't have anymore pictures of that one. It's shy. But I can tell you it is an 81 with Duncan JB and Jazz pickups and I replaced the stock trem with a Kahler.

ShortBuSX
September 23rd, 2008, 10:30 AM
The Blackie lookin one with the funny black plastic string trees, front row(bottom) next to the purple-burst Ibanez...that is a MIJ, right?

Spudman
September 23rd, 2008, 01:39 PM
The Blackie lookin one with the funny black plastic string trees, front row(bottom) next to the purple-burst Ibanez...that is a MIJ, right?

Sorry but that one is Korean. VN serial number.

ShortBuSX
September 23rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Sorry but that one is Korean. VN serial number.

Good to know...I thought the MIJ were the only ones to use those trees.:thwap:

Spudman
September 23rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
Good to know...I thought the MIJ were the only ones to use those trees.:thwap:

Sorry. My mistake. It was actually an E serial number Korean. The E serial numbers were also used on many of the Japanese Strats of the same era. I think I remember hearing that one of the factories bought a lot of inventory from another factory so maybe that's why those string trees can be found on both countries guitars.

ShortBuSX
September 23rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
So its also an 80s import model similar to mine...makes sense.

bigoldron
September 23rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
This is what Pes was talking about. Several more have been added since I got ambitious enough to get all of these together for a photo.

So, Spudster, if you ever get the itch to thin your herd, you might want to consider donating a few to the "BigOldRon GAS Relief Charity", which was created to meet the wishes and desires of poor, unfortunate guitar player wannabes - namely ME! :rotflmao:

Tibernius
September 23rd, 2008, 04:19 PM

No Jazzmaster, Jaguar, Firebird or Explorer/Destroyer? :D

Do you play all of them or are there a few main ones?

Spudman
September 23rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
No Jazzmaster, Jaguar, Firebird or Explorer/Destroyer? :D

Do you play all of them or are there a few main ones?

The Explorer got sold a long time ago along with the 1966 Jaguar. I was young and stupid. Never liked the Jazzmaster much and do you know how hard it is to find a killer deal on a reverse Firebird?

There are only a few that get kept in storage constantly but almost all get an occasional 3 month stint around the house. I've got at least one guitar in every room of the house except for two bathrooms and the kitchen. A Strat goes to every gig along with a humbucking Guitar of the Week.

I have a great security system at the house and all my neighbors have big dogs that mostly run free so no worries about loosing any guitars.

Rocket
September 23rd, 2008, 06:15 PM
I've got at least one guitar in every room of the house except for two bathrooms and the kitchen.
Sooooo... you have to tote one in when using the bathrooms or kitchen? Seems like it would be easier to just hang a couple in those rooms anyway... just in case the mood strikes!

Spudman
September 23rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
Sooooo... you have to tote one in when using the bathrooms or kitchen? Seems like it would be easier to just hang a couple in those rooms anyway... just in case the mood strikes!

Nice try Rocket but I don't go into the kitchen and of course going outside is very satisfying.:D

The_Shredinator21
September 23rd, 2008, 06:54 PM
Dang Spud, if all of these are yours, then you might have the most guitars ive ever seen on person have, lucky you are:AOK: