PDA

View Full Version : slow hands?

SuperSwede
June 5th, 2006, 07:02 AM
I dont like his music very much, but I found this Yngwie Malmsteen video (from G3) and you must admire his amazing technique!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-654350577874242734&q=malmsteen

Spudman
June 5th, 2006, 08:05 AM
It's really too bad that after all these years he still isn't comfortable in front of a crowd. Otherwise he might actually become a good performer. He does however get a good tone.;)

SuperSwede
June 5th, 2006, 08:39 AM
it aint easy being sleazy.... but he sure does it with style :D

tremoloman
June 5th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I think YM is a great player, but he's got to learn that he doesn't have to go at mach 10 every song. I think he overplays on a lot of the songs in G3 myself but still admire his playing ability.

My ideal G3 type of concert would be John 5, Nuno Bettencourt, and Robert Smith. That's a show I'd sell a limb to see. :)

SuperSwede
June 5th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Wow, what a lineup! I wouldnt mind seeing that, but I would replace John 5 with Albert Lee.

Tone2TheBone
June 5th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Holy Cow man I thought I WAS fat! I mean fast....... ;) At least he was thoughtful enough to wear a long jacket for this performance.

j/k - I used to dig him a lot...so much I even scalloped my own maple neck on my Partscaster! During the time I think it was the whole attitude he had that made me get into his music.

SuperSwede
June 5th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah he gives Fat Tone a totally new meaning ;)