PDA

View Full Version : Help w pedal line up using AX5G and Bad Mk plus Cornd Bf

Duff
September 23rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
I need some suggestions on the best way to get the bad monkey tone and corned beef tone thru to the amp without the noise, which, presumably would be to put them in front of the Toneworks AX5G to utilize the noise reduction of the AX5G.

So:

Currently I'm playing my guitar into my Toneworks AX5G and running the multipedal into the input of my Blackheart 3/5.

Today I hooked up my bad monkey AFTER the toneworks so that the cable goes from the bad monkey to the input of the Blackheart.

I also want to hook up my Corned Beef reverb that I see you (Duhvoodooman) have one of too.

(I copied a private message to the board because others might have similar questions).

My thoughts are that to keep the noise down, the bad monkey and corned beef should go between the guitar and the AX5G in order to take advantage of the noise reduction of the AX5G.

My concern is that the AX5G will mess up the tonal qualities of the bad monkey and the corned beef.

What would you suggest?

Duffy

Thanks in advance.

tunghaichuan
September 23rd, 2008, 03:06 PM
Personally, I'd put the Bad Monkey in front, followed by the AX5G then the Corned Beef. If you can make some custom patches, I'd make some with mainly clean sounds if you want to use the BM. Then I'd make some patches with the amp models for when you want to turn off the BM. My own personal feelings are that reverb pedals should come at the end of the chain. That way you are adding reverb to the final sound, not distorting/modulating the reverb should it come first.

My $.02, FWIW.

tung

I need some suggestions on the best way to get the bad monkey tone and corned beef tone thru to the amp without the noise, which, presumably would be to put them in front of the Toneworks AX5G to utilize the noise reduction of the AX5G.

So:

Currently I'm playing my guitar into my Toneworks AX5G and running the multipedal into the input of my Blackheart 3/5.

Today I hooked up my bad monkey AFTER the toneworks so that the cable goes from the bad monkey to the input of the Blackheart.

I also want to hook up my Corned Beef reverb that I see you (Duhvoodooman) have one of too.

(I copied a private message to the board because others might have similar questions).

My thoughts are that to keep the noise down, the bad monkey and corned beef should go between the guitar and the AX5G in order to take advantage of the noise reduction of the AX5G.

My concern is that the AX5G will mess up the tonal qualities of the bad monkey and the corned beef.

What would you suggest?

Duffy

Thanks in advance.

duhvoodooman
September 23rd, 2008, 03:16 PM
Personally, I'd put the Bad Monkey in front, followed by the AX5G then the Corned Beef....My own personal feelings are that reverb pedals should come at the end of the chain. That way you are adding reverb to the final sound, not distorting/modulating the reverb should it come first.
+1! :dude:

Duff
September 23rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Great. I'll try it now.

I was thinking that the overdrive should come after the moddeler as well though.

Duffy

markb
September 24th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Great. I'll try it now.

I was thinking that the overdrive should come after the moddeler as well though.

Duffy

OD after modeller will give you OD acting on time based effects, OD after chorus and delay can get very messy. I'd go with Tung's suggestion myself.