PDA

View Full Version : A New Member of The Tele World!

Iago
June 5th, 2006, 12:44 PM
how you doing guys?!

I just felt (hahaha) I needed to come here and tell you that i won an auction for a Fender Classic Series 60`s Telecaster on Ebay, for only 345.00 $ (shipping included) !!!

here`s the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7418950974&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&rd=1

its an Oly white as you can see, and has some dings and scratches..but I just can`t think of something beating it for this price.. I`m leaving right now to send the money order :R

Finally my Tele!

SuperSwede
June 5th, 2006, 01:01 PM
A tele is supposed to have some dings and scratches! Its a rock´n´roll guitar dammit :D

I think you made a really good deal, and be sure to have that pool included in the price (shipping can be somewhat expensive)

Iago
June 5th, 2006, 02:01 PM
auhuahua... that was a good one! yeah..the dings usually mean it`s a player...or that they have a couple of naughty kids home...

Katastrophe
June 5th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Congrats, Iago! I played a MIM Tele that I really liked not so long ago... Looks like you got a good deal, too. Slap a black or Tortoise shell pickguard on that bad boy and it'll be smokin' !

Don't worry about the dents either, it's just adding character and mojo to the guitar. Hell, people pay thousands for a guitar that looks like it got dragged around by a hyperactive two year old these days...

Iago
June 5th, 2006, 02:31 PM
yeah..a single-ply black guard would look really cool Katastrophe... but I not thinking about changing anything right away, specially because I dont even have it in my hands yet hehehehe! Maybe some psychodelic painting too uhauha!

AH, im not into this relic-ing thing too.. I mean, I have an old strat that is quite f***** up visually speaking (and why not, tonally too? hehehe) and it kinda made me sad ehhehe, well.. relics look really cool when they`re in a nitro finished body to me not in poly...

Iago
June 5th, 2006, 03:33 PM
talking about psychedelic teles.. i remember seeing a video on you tube by the big brother and the holding co. playing summertime with crazy painted teles... I love that band and their music! go check it out!

Spudman
June 5th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Congrats Iago. That looks like a nice axe. Spank away brother.

Iago
June 13th, 2006, 10:48 PM
After a small misundertanding about the payment mode between me and the origianl owner, the Tele was finally shipped yesterday morning (thats what she said)... so it shall be here on friday I guess.. I`ll let u guys know.. :)

Iago
June 15th, 2006, 08:58 PM
yes, its here! :) great!!

Spudman
June 15th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Wheee! Yippie! Yahoo!! Twwwwannnnng!!!!!:D

Robert
June 15th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Hooray! Get it twanging and gives us the lowdown!

blogan
June 27th, 2006, 11:18 PM
I joined the tele crowd, too -- found a Squier standard tele for $120. At that price, I figure if I don't like it, I can part with it. The attached picture is from the Craigslist ad. :cool: