PDA

View Full Version : The Cult - Peace (the "missing" album)

tremoloman
June 5th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Here's a real gem for fans of The Cult:

Peace (http://www.uploading.com/?get=1X9U9ILT) (aka "The Missing Album")

Here is the entire Peace album released in its entirety. Peace was re-recorded and became 1987s Electric after The Cult and legendary producer Rick Rubin crossed paths. Peace was in the vein of its predecessor (Love), but Rick Rubin scrapped the entire album and re-recorded it. Some of the songs on Peace are even better than the official released version found on Electric.

Setlist is as follows:

01 - Love Removal Machine
02 - Wild Flower
03 - Peace Dog
04 - Aphrodisiac Jacket
05 - Electric Ocean
06 - Bad Fun
07 - Conquistador
08 - Zap City
09 - Love Trooper
10 - Outlaw
11 - Groove Co.

Give it a listen and please share your comments with us!

SuperSwede
June 6th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Thank you Tremoloman!
I get really bad download speeds from uploading.com so this will take a while.

tremoloman
June 6th, 2006, 04:54 AM
That's weird... I get 60K-200K when I try downloading. It does take about an hour to post an upload this large, so I have to wait too. ;)

duhvoodooman
June 6th, 2006, 04:58 AM
I consistently get about 10K. Almost as slow as (shudder!) dial-up. Painful....

SuperSwede
June 6th, 2006, 10:19 AM
I finally got it down, but I did not get anything over 12kb/s... I havent really listened to it yet, but it sounds very good to me.

tremoloman
June 6th, 2006, 12:18 PM
It is a free service, so something is better than nothing.

You can improve download speed if you purchase an account. Since I upload, it allows me faster download speeds. There are other types of file-sharing systems out there, but most only allow 50MB or less so this is the one I use.

If you know of a better one, let me know and I'll use it.

I just recommend kicking the download off when you go to bed or leave for work. You should have the download by the time you get home or wake up.

Now let's see some reviews!

SuperSwede
June 6th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Wow.. Its really better than the electric album! I especially like the version of love removal machine.

tremoloman
June 6th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Yes, much more guitar than Electric for sure! I think of it as if 'Love' and 'Sonic Temple' had a kid. :)

SuperSwede
June 7th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Yes, it would be very close :)

I really dig the album with the goat (I have it in the car but I think its named "The Cult" only.). Very experimental sound, but you can still hear who´s playing!
Get it if you dont have it (mine came as a 2-cd version with a great live album as bonus, live at the Marquee club)

tremoloman
June 7th, 2006, 07:47 AM
I don't think I have that one. What songs are on it? I've got 'Dreamtime' which wasn't released in the US that included some bonus tracks. That's a cool CD too. 'Ressurection Joe', 'Spiritwalker', and 'Sea and Sky' are a few of the songs I really love on that disc.

SuperSwede
June 7th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Its one of my favorite albums, all categories... I really recommend it.

Here is the "goat" album :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000085N3/sr=8-6/qid=1149710253/ref=pd_bbs_6/002-6627085-4990457?%5Fencoding=UTF8

1. Gone
2. Coming Down (Drug Tongue)
3. Real GRRRL
4. Black Sun
5. Naturally High
6. Joy
7. Star
8. Sacred Life
9. Be Free
10. Universal You
11. Emperor's New Home
12. Saints Are Down