PDA

View Full Version : An unusual mojo request

Brian Krashpad
September 29th, 2008, 10:41 AM
For a criminal. And more importantly for his parents.

An acquaintance of mine on the local music scene was just convicted of premeditated attempted murder. From the reports I've heard from others who went to the trial, there was pretty credible evidence that he was dealing coke, and something went wrong, and he shot another dealer/supplier type.

This feller was an affable barfly, loved music, and even hired fellow music lovers at his automotive shop. For awhile he even put up a couple local musicians IN his auto shop (yes they actually lived there). Not only that, but he had at least a couple of huge open parties in his auto shop where a lot of bands played and much fun was had. Here's a pic of a side band I'm in playing there:

http://a558.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/103/l_fc9596573f3d8ce197a6d440f759fb55.jpg

It was pretty obvious the guy was a heavy drinker, he basically had his own barstool at one of the places we used to play regularly. And I'm not too surprised that he apparently was a coke user. But to talk to this guy you'd never think he'd get mixed up in dealing or be capable of violence. Nicest guy you'd ever want to meet.

Now, his life's basically over. His shop's closed, and he won't see daylight for a very very long time. His folks, I believe, are still alive, and of course they're totally devastated by all this. Fortunately no spouse or kids in the picture.

So send some mojo to his parents, relatives, and friends at least, and maybe even some for John, if you can find it in your heart.

And, don't do drugs kids.

Tone2TheBone
September 29th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Mojo sent. A similar thing happened to a friend of mine too cept it was armed robbery of a bank. Now he's in prison waiting. He could spent at least 20 years in there if he gets convicted. They haven't done anything yet cept hold him. Again like your friend this guy was the nicest dude you'd ever meet. It was a complete shock to us when we found out.

Brian Krashpad
September 29th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks. And btw, to anybody who has had loved ones hurt by gun violence or drugs, I'm not excusing the behavior of this person. He will pay a heavy price for his bad decisions. It's just such a waste of an (otherwise) intelligent and seemingly caring person's life.

And, not that it matters, but sfaik the person he shot has apparently made a full recovery.

tunghaichuan
September 29th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Sorry to hear that. Mojo sent.

My cousin did time for accessory to murder. She got involved with a drug dealer who killed someone in a drug deal gone bad. She is real train wreck, though. Got pregnant in her mid teens. Has 5 kids by 5 different fathers. :messedup:

Drugs are bad, m'kay?

street music
September 29th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Brian,

I have seen a few in music fall by the side due to drugs and I walked away from a guitar instructor that was so talented because of his addiction that he kept hid for about a year before I figured out what he was doing. I didn't want to let his problem reflect on me and I just gave up guitar lessons till I can find someone that is as good but without the problems. My brother is a coroner and I see the results of drug addiction too often in the body bags.
Why do so many think that music by itself isn't enough ? They must have the drugs to look like the scene.

warren0728
September 29th, 2008, 04:17 PM
mojo sent....especially to his family....

ww

sunvalleylaw
September 29th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Mojo also sent from here.

luvmyshiner
September 29th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I've represented a lot of bad people who got what they deserved. I've also represented a lot of good people who made bad decisions. Mojo sent and my prayers are with your friend and his family.

sunvalleylaw
September 29th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I've represented a lot of bad people who got what they deserved. I've also represented a lot of good people who made bad decisions. Mojo sent and my prayers are with your friend and his family. Same here. Some got less than they "deserved" some got more punishment that seemed to put an unnecessary burden on the family and on whatever rehabilitation, etc. was necessary. Certainly there are not easy answers, each case is different, and it is generally hard on the family and friends. So, mojo to this family and all families going through anything like this.

evenkeel
September 29th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Very sad story. For all involved some good mojo is in order.

just strum
September 29th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I feel for his parents and relatives, but I've been shot at, so no sympathy for him. I do hope his parents find the strength to cope.

Drugs suck.

Always tell your kids if they are with someone that is doing something stupid, call you and you'll come get them, no questions asked (that is in reference to Tungs cousin at such a young age).

stingx
September 30th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I'll send mojo to his family. I have no tolerance for drugs. They are the main reason several of my friends of my youth died before the age of 30.

M29
September 30th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Prayers and mojo sent to all involved.

M29