PDA

View Full Version : Help a new guy pick a guitar

Glacies
September 30th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I'm curious as to what's the difference between the Gibson LP Studio and the Gibson LP Standards. My question is more geared towards what the difference means to me, the player at the $2000 price difference. Are the Epiphone LP's at all similar? Will they be an instrument that I can use at the same variety as a Fender Strat and be as durable?

Furthermore, there are two kinds of American Strats from Fender. One is about $400, the other is about $800 more. How are these two guitars going to affect me if I buy one or the other this year?

Lastly, the Parker P-42 has an even wider price differential to the guitars that it was modeled from. At about $400, i'm interested but they seem rare where I am and I'm not buying anything unless I can play it.

I am leaning towards the American Strat, I will say, but I love the Gibson LP's.

Basically, as some of you know me from my intro thread, I've been playing for a couple of months, but have really taken to everything about strung instruments, especially guitar. I'm trying to find the one guitar right now to invest in and that is both versatile and durable. I thought what better place to ask than here (although it may be in the wrong forum).

What are some of your thoughts?

Andy
September 30th, 2008, 07:37 AM
As far as the studio vs standard , the studio just doesn't have all the extras like binding..and I believe different pickups. some people like the different pickups better some don't. it's just a matter of preference.

also the standard will hold it's value much better and may even increase as many years go by.but you can always find excellent deals on slightly used studios !

I always advise people I know to just try out guitars and don't concentrate too much on model or price untill they start narrowing down what they have found to like.

It sounds like you are open to many options as you have mentioned Gibsons, Fenders and Parker... 3 very ,very different guitars.

do you have any music stores in the area where you try out different guitars?

Glacies
September 30th, 2008, 07:41 AM
As far as the studio vs standard , the studio just doesn't have all the extras like binding..and I believe different pickups. some people like the different pickups better some don't. it's just a matter of preference.

also the standard will hold it's value much better and may even increase as many years go by.but you can always find excellent deals on slightly used studios !

I always advise people I know to just try out guitars and don't concentrate too much on model or price untill they start narrowing down what they have found to like.

It sounds like you are open to many options as you have mentioned Gibsons, Fenders and Parker... 3 very ,very different guitars.

do you have any music stores in the area where you try out different guitars?

The biggest music store in my area has only fenders and... I think it's Schecter. I've never asked if they have any in the back that they don't keep on display, but I think I might this Saturday when I go to check some out. You make a good point about holding value - somethign I never thought of. Where do most go for used guitars? Ebay kind of scares me.

Andy
September 30th, 2008, 08:18 AM
I'm not sure what area your in but I see alot of used gear on my local craigslist, also you can often find deals at music stores , I've even seen some good stuff in the local pawnshops. but it's good to do a little homework before making the plunge on used guitars.especially fenders and gibsons there are definately some fakes out there.

I wouldn't overlook the Schecters they make a fine guitar , infact I really like the schecters quality for the money!you can't go wrong with schecter in my opinion

Glacies
September 30th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I'm not sure what area your in but I see alot of used gear on my local craigslist, also you can often find deals at music stores , I've even seen some good stuff in the local pawnshops. but it's good to do a little homework before making the plunge on used guitars.especially fenders and gibsons there are definately some fakes out there.

I wouldn't overlook the Schecters they make a fine guitar , infact I really like the schecters quality for the money!you can't go wrong with schecter in my opinion

A quick price lookup says they on average $800 new. Looks like the general price range that I'm shooting for right now. But is that worth it when for $400 I can buy a new Fender American Strat?

Andy
September 30th, 2008, 12:47 PM
An $800 schecter will get you high end pickups(like seymor duncan), very high quality build , neck thru joint, a stunning finish , beautifull neck often with very nice inlays. excellent playability.. in my opinion it smokes a $400 fender in every way.

thats only my opinion tho hopefully others can chime in . there are so many options today and some really good guitars for amazingly low cost.
schecter is definately one of them

sumitomo
September 30th, 2008, 01:04 PM
How many guitars do you own now?and have you played in the past?If no and no you might want to check out rondo music (you can't go wrong with their strats)they have a great return policy and they are great guitars for the money.Sumi:D plus I own half the company not just teasing I wish I did!!!

Glacies
September 30th, 2008, 01:36 PM
How many guitars do you own now?and have you played in the past?If no and no you might want to check out rondo music (you can't go wrong with their strats)they have a great return policy and they are great guitars for the money.Sumi:D plus I own half the company not just teasing I wish I did!!!

The electric I'm learning on is a First Act ME301 single coil model. It's meh and doesn't have the tone or the playability that I'm looking for, but it did introduce me to guitar and for that I am greatful. It will be in the Glacies Hall of Fame. Then I have a Westbury Acoustic. Not sure what model, seems old. Odd shape too.

BTW I mainely play blues and classic rock

edit to correct myself on my guitar model

ET335
September 30th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I'll agree 100% with Andy on the Schecter....I have a C1-Artist Limited Edition and it is A great guitar and High quality craftmanship,plays and sounds beautiful.here are some of the specs on the one I have.

USA Seymour Duncan pickups: JB at the bridge, '59 at the neck

Set-neck body design

Carved top mahogany body

Grover Tuners

TonePros tune-o-matic bridge

Thru-body tail

5-way pickup switching

its hard to beat the price also...here is a link to MF you can check out all the Schecter's...they also have a $50.00 Rebate on the C1-Artist till 10-31-08:AOK:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Artist-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar?sku=518187

Glacies
October 6th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I'll agree 100% with Andy on the Schecter....I have a C1-Artist Limited Edition and it is A great guitar and High quality craftmanship,plays and sounds beautiful.here are some of the specs on the one I have.

USA Seymour Duncan pickups: JB at the bridge, '59 at the neck

Set-neck body design

Carved top mahogany body

Grover Tuners

TonePros tune-o-matic bridge

Thru-body tail

5-way pickup switching

its hard to beat the price also...here is a link to MF you can check out all the Schecter's...they also have a $50.00 Rebate on the C1-Artist till 10-31-08:AOK:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Artist-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar?sku=518187

I've done some research on the Schecters and they look like great guitars but I'm worried about the sound they're going to give me. I might just have to stop and play one but I'm wondering how passive humbuckers sound on the blues.

marnold
October 6th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I've done some research on the Schecters and they look like great guitars but I'm worried about the sound they're going to give me. I might just have to stop and play one but I'm wondering how passive humbuckers sound on the blues.
You'd have to ask B.B. or Albert King about that, amongst many others. I think the '59 in the neck in particular would be awesome for blues.

Glacies
October 6th, 2008, 11:24 AM
You'd have to ask B.B. or Albert King about that, amongst many others. I think the '59 in the neck in particular would be awesome for blues.

Now I definately have to check it out. I wish I had a larger selection to try by me but i'm definately going to have to take a day to try all the models I'm interested in.

Andy
October 6th, 2008, 02:40 PM
the vast majority of your active pickup guitars are built for high gain stuff like metal..they hit the amp alot harder on the front end. you have to be wary that they can undesirably overdrive some pedals as well.

many of the metal guys preferr the active emg's

Spudman
October 6th, 2008, 03:31 PM
the vast majority of your active pickup guitars are built for high gain stuff like metal..they hit the amp alot harder on the front end.

That's not completely true. The EMG pickups on my Musicman Luke are Low output as are the pickups on my Ibanez ART300. Active pickups typically mean low noise and greater articulation in certain circumstances. EMG and others do make high gain active pickups too.

The lower outputs and better articulation work very well in high gain amps because the noise is reduced. Even the Seymour Duncan Screamin Demon is a passive pickup but the output is lower to work well with high gain and rack systems.

Active pickups can sound very good in a variety of circumstances so don't let the fact that the guitar has an active system turn you off. Just try it out. I'm extremely happy I did with both guitars I mention above.

ShortBuSX
October 6th, 2008, 04:33 PM
what's the difference between the Gibson LP Studio and the Gibson LP Standards. My question is more geared towards what the difference means to me, the player at the $2000 price difference. Are the Epiphone LP's at all similar?

Id suggest graduating to an LP...weather its an Epi or a Gibson.
I think a Studio would better suite somebody who might already have a maple topped LP...I think once you had it(not having a maple top) youd always lust after what you didnt have...and that would be a "true" LP, weather its an Epi or a Gibson. But when you do "graduate" to an LP...spend as much as you can afford!

Will they be an instrument that I can use at the same variety as a Fender Strat and be as durable?

Les Paul's are awesome instruments, I think everybody should have one, but humbuckers are a lil harder to get a nice clean out of...not that they dont sound clean(if that makes any sense).

Furthermore, there are two kinds of American Strats from Fender. One is about $400, the other is about $800 more. How are these two guitars going to affect me if I buy one or the other this year?

One of those is made in Mexico, one is made in USA...the quality is so good your already fooled. Ive got 2 MIM's...my next Strat(Jimmy Vaughan) will be MIM also...MIM offers alot of bang for the buck. USA is out of my range...but then again Ive never GASed for a MIA, but thats just me.

I am leaning towards the American Strat, I will say, but I love the Gibson LP's.

Basically, as some of you know me from my intro thread, I've been playing for a couple of months, but have really taken to everything about strung instruments, especially guitar. I'm trying to find the one guitar right now to invest in and that is both versatile and durable. I thought what better place to ask than here (although it may be in the wrong forum).

What are some of your thoughts?

I think a Strat, no matter the make(even a Squier) would make a great first guitar. You can score a used MIM Standard for bout $200-$250 on Craigslist...I own 2 myself and I paid $225 for each.
I highly recommend Craigslist, you can buy locally(so you can see/hold/try it before you buy it), buying used you save about 1/2 and you can always sell it(if you dont like it or wanna upgrade) for the same price if not a few bucks more(depeding on your initial deal)...youd even save a baot load if you decided you wanted MIA!
BUt a Strat is gonna give you vintage type tones(you should be after) they are comfy guitars that are very versatile and suite many different genres.
A Les Paul is also going to give you vintage type tones, but its gonna cost you more, they dont have the body contours of a Strat(lack of comfort)...but a flatter fretboard radius, shorter scale and humbuckers are nice...and also the reason I suggest graduating to a Les Paul...let it become a reward for sticking with the guitar and learning, buy that one new!

just strum
October 6th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I'm going to chime in with my standard answer - you want versatility, get a Epi Dot. It is one of the best buys out there.

This message is set on "re-play"

sunvalleylaw
October 6th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I ended up going strat first. It seemed most versatile to me. But I went out and played a bunch before making up my mind. One particular strat model kept calling me back so that is the one I went with. I bet something like that happens if you do the same. Go on a few different days, and see which one you keep going back to. You'll know.

ShortBuSX
October 9th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Any further along in the decision process?

Glacies
October 10th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Any further along in the decision process?

I'm heavily leaning towards the epiphone les paul standard. I want to play it a lot more. The Ibanez ART300 that somebody posted in another thread looks interesting and I would like to try that as well before I make any decisions

And... I've being heavily seduced by the schecter Damien FR at my local shop. There's just something about keeps drawing me in. Its.... evil.

My uncle gave me a call last night. He's a gigger in NYC and the surrounding areas and told me to stop being an engineer when it comes to picking a guitar. Just go, try them and buy the one you like the most, so I think I'm going to follow that advice.

warren0728
October 10th, 2008, 06:16 AM
My uncle gave me a call last night. He's a gigger in NYC and the surrounding areas and told me to stop being an engineer when it comes to picking a guitar. Just go, try them and buy the one you like the most, so I think I'm going to follow that advice.
that's good advice.... :AOK: :beer:

ww

bigoldron
October 11th, 2008, 07:01 AM

Your uncle sounds like a smart feller. I'd follow his advice. Don't get hung up on a name, just find the one that YOU like. If it feels good, plays good and sounds good, then get it!

But what do I know, I'm not a smart feller, more of a fart smeller... :whatever:

sunvalleylaw
October 11th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Yep, that is what I did, and for me, one particular strat model is the one that called. But I got there by playing a bunch.

Glacies
October 11th, 2008, 02:25 PM
for those interested, this is my uncle: www.louvolpegroup.com

sunvalleylaw
October 11th, 2008, 02:37 PM
That's cool! I'd love to hear him.

Glacies
October 11th, 2008, 03:22 PM
That's cool! I'd love to hear him.

If you click on recordings I think you can play a few clips from some of the songs on his cd.

Anyway, about my guitar search, my chick and I hit the music store today while doing some errands. Took a walk in the electric area and it seems they put out a lot of stock during the week. Had a gibson standard LP, a few ibanez and that Schecter that I've been eyeballing. There was about 5 people trying out guitars in there and I couldn't really hear myself think, so once again I didn't get a chance to try it out.

cherokee747
October 14th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Play a ton of them.You'll find one that matches the style and genre your into.You can't compare a Shecter to a Fender to a Gibson.All completely different creatures.Buy what you like!! My 2 cents:dude:

The_Shredinator21
October 15th, 2008, 07:23 PM
well i would go with the strat or the LP, Strats you can never go wrong with, basic, great guitar. les pauls are heavier but i think play better for rythem in my opinion

Duff
October 15th, 2008, 10:59 PM
When you find the right guitar you will KNOW. There will be no question, IF you take your time and let it sink in. Also, "he who hesitates is lost", sometimes; so you need to know when it is important to make the purchase.

Guitars have a way of "picking you", not you picking them. Forget about salesman pressure, name brand stunningness, etc.

Sounds like that Schecter has been eyeballing you, as you say. You need to play that.

I have two Schecters and both are great. My C1 E/A is a semi hollow body C1 shaped guitar with f holes and hot humbuckers and piezo electric bridge saddle acoustic pickups. It is stereo and looks awesome. Not a cheap guitar either. I got it on a Guitar Center blowout but it was normally about 800 or so.

Give that Schecter a chance to connect with you.

Also, you don't mention the amp.

There are some great amps out there for not too much money. Like the Fender Super Champ XD, pre and power tubes and a digital modelling section with effects but looks classic and is highly reviewed by Fender experts, costs 299. 15 tube watts. Very loud and giggable in a small gig with the upgraded speaker; Emminence Ragin' Cajun recommended by pros and costs about 65.

Put heavy emphasis on "feel" and "tone" thru an amp like you will be using or upgrading to. Keep it in the right context. Most of all YOU have to be happy with your choice, really happy with it. You'll know when you find it. Keep an open mind most definitely.

Hope this helps a little.

Duffy

By the way I have two Epi LP standards and a Fender strat and a few Squire strats and other strat copies plus a nice Squire tele and other tele copies.

I'm getting good at letting the guitar pick me. If nothing happens when I go to a store to buy I don't just buy one that looks good; I wait until I know I have found one or should I say that one has found me. Kind of like that Schecter calling out to you. It is kind of metaphysical, like so many things.

Glacies
October 16th, 2008, 05:56 AM
When you find the right guitar you will KNOW. There will be no question, IF you take your time and let it sink in. Also, "he who hesitates is lost", sometimes; so you need to know when it is important to make the purchase.

Guitars have a way of "picking you", not you picking them. Forget about salesman pressure, name brand stunningness, etc.

Sounds like that Schecter has been eyeballing you, as you say. You need to play that.

I have two Schecters and both are great. My C1 E/A is a semi hollow body C1 shaped guitar with f holes and hot humbuckers and piezo electric bridge saddle acoustic pickups. It is stereo and looks awesome. Not a cheap guitar either. I got it on a Guitar Center blowout but it was normally about 800 or so.

Give that Schecter a chance to connect with you.

Also, you don't mention the amp.

There are some great amps out there for not too much money. Like the Fender Super Champ XD, pre and power tubes and a digital modelling section with effects but looks classic and is highly reviewed by Fender experts, costs 299. 15 tube watts. Very loud and giggable in a small gig with the upgraded speaker; Emminence Ragin' Cajun recommended by pros and costs about 65.

Put heavy emphasis on "feel" and "tone" thru an amp like you will be using or upgrading to. Keep it in the right context. Most of all YOU have to be happy with your choice, really happy with it. You'll know when you find it. Keep an open mind most definitely.

Hope this helps a little.

Duffy

By the way I have two Epi LP standards and a Fender strat and a few Squire strats and other strat copies plus a nice Squire tele and other tele copies.

I'm getting good at letting the guitar pick me. If nothing happens when I go to a store to buy I don't just buy one that looks good; I wait until I know I have found one or should I say that one has found me. Kind of like that Schecter calling out to you. It is kind of metaphysical, like so many things.

Thanks for the post. This makes a lot of sense.

I was looking at a Behringer GMX212 because it's affordable and looks versatile, but after reading some of these posts I think I might have to pick the amp for the guitar.

Duff
October 16th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Never heard of picking the amp for the guitar but that really makes sense to me.

Every guitar and every amp sounds different to me.

Be sure to try that Fender Super Champ XD it is 299 probably close to your price range.

Guitar Center was selling a Crate Solid State combo amp a RFX200S, which is basically 200 solid state watts and sounds good and has good models on it plus two good twelve inch speakers, for 299. This was in store, but might be on the website too. It has three channels with eq sections for each of the three channels, is stereo, and has some really nice stereo effects effects, plus lots of connectivity. I really like the autowah. This amp is marked down majorly. Weighs about a half million pounds.

Where do you live? Are you going to be definitely gigging? If you are going to gig you need to get a powerful enough amp and there are plenty of them out there that are less than 300 and are very loud.

Musciansfriend.com and others have the Crate V series amps on deep discount for as low as 149 for the V18, 18 watt all tube amp, 12 inch speaker, supposed to be loud enough for small gigs. Then they have the V33 2 by 12 inch speakers at 33 tube watts: that's roughly 100 solid state watts. Then they have the class AB V50 for 250 dollars that is fifty tube watts, equal to 150 solid state watts and it has supposedly a more American, Fender?, sound. The other ones are British voiced like Vox or Marshall I guess and are all supposed to be good, even the little V18 for 149. For a tube amp at that price with that wattage you would have to look far and wide; for a new one anyway. I believe, however, that these amps can only be gotten from the websites. GC doesn't have them in the stores I don't think.

I'm using my Fender Super Champ XD right now and it is a great "in the den" amp and is also very loud. But for a big gig you would need something like the V50 or around 100 solid state watts or more, like 120 or 200, kind of like that Behringer you are looking at. But there are other options that are very worthy amps in the same price range.

I have a Behringer little thirty watt GM110 that is a great practice amp.

Keep an eye on them guitars and amps, they might be trying to pull something on you.

Good luck,

Duffy

Glacies
October 18th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Well I tried a guitar i shouldn't have today.

First, that one schecter I really thought was gorgeous did not agree with me so it's a no-go.

I did try a Schecter Stargazer and really liked that. It's a top contender. I tried a few Gibson LP's and I really liked those, so I'm guessing I'll like the Epi LP's becuase I'm not spending Gibson money right now.

I would choose the Stargazer over the Mexican Strat, it just really worked for me.

Lastly, I tried a Taylor Custom in Walnut.... oh my god. If there was one thing that I'd always go back to, it was that. I couldn't put it down until I saw the price tag.

just strum
October 18th, 2008, 12:33 PM
The looks of the Schecter Stargazer don't grab me and since I never played one, I would not be a fair critic.

If you are interested in Epi LP's I would look at Ibanez before you pull the trigger.

You have this in black or white at $300

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ART100WH/

If you like points - ARX140 at $300

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ARX140-Electric-Guitar?sku=518063

there's the ARX320 at $400

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ARX320TCR/

Then you have the ART300 like Spuds at $400

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ART300-Electric-Guitar?sku=518065

Better yet, save yourself some money and buy used.

kiteman
October 25th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Carvin guitars are pretty hard to beat at the best price and USA made to boot. I bought a hardtail bolt kit with lots of upgrades for less than $600.

It's easily the best guitar I've had my hands on.

Glacies
October 26th, 2008, 06:41 AM
The looks of the Schecter Stargazer don't grab me and since I never played one, I would not be a fair critic.

If you are interested in Epi LP's I would look at Ibanez before you pull the trigger.

You have this in black or white at $300

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ART100WH/

If you like points - ARX140 at $300

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ARX140-Electric-Guitar?sku=518063

there's the ARX320 at $400

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ARX320TCR/

Then you have the ART300 like Spuds at $400

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ART300-Electric-Guitar?sku=518065

Better yet, save yourself some money and buy used.

The stargazer doesn't grab me looks-wise either but I just keep going back to it for some reason. It's massively comfortable to me and I love the sound. I took the girlfriend in again yesterday to look around and see if they got anything new in. That stargazer was still there, gave it a few minutes worth of play and she said I looked different playing that than anything, kind of like it physically fit me better than anything else I played. Didn't really know what to think about that but I think it's good.

I'm beginning to get massively frustrated with my electric now as it can't stay in tune through a 30 minute lesson, nor one particular song I've picked up now. I'm going to push it until about christmas and then when I get the new axe it will have to be retired.

I do really like thsoe Ibanez guits but I haven't seen one locally yet and I haven't been able to make the GC trip yet.

Glacies
November 22nd, 2008, 12:50 PM
Black Epi LP Standard it is...

ordered her today from musiciansfriend... will have her next week.

I'm freaking out!

Duff
November 22nd, 2008, 10:11 PM
Glacies,

That ART that Spudman got is one awesome guitar.

But your choice is definitely a good one in my opinion. I have two Epi LP standards, one birdseye maple top limitted edition, and a plus top in solid, not burst, amber.

I put Seymour Duncan pups in both of them: the open coil "hot rodded" set with the Jazz and the JB in the Birdseye; and put the nickel plated covered ones: the '59 in the neck and the JB in the bridge of my plus top. Both sets of pups sound great but I like the sound of the '59 in the neck a little better than the Jazz.

Black is really nice in the LP. I got my son an Epi LP Studio in black and put some duncan designed chrome covered pups in it and it sounds almost exactly like my Birdseye.

The stock pups are not bad though. Shouldn't be for that price.

Congratulations and I hope everything comes thru really well.

Duffy

Katastrophe
November 23rd, 2008, 06:43 AM
I'm freaking out!

Don't, you made a fine choice. Congrats!:AOK:

MF has a liberal return policy if you don't like it. Be sure to check every area on the guitar for damage upon arrival.
:bravo: :beer:

kiteman
November 23rd, 2008, 06:53 AM
Well I tried a guitar i shouldn't have today.

First, that one schecter I really thought was gorgeous did not agree with me so it's a no-go.

I did try a Schecter Stargazer and really liked that. It's a top contender. I tried a few Gibson LP's and I really liked those, so I'm guessing I'll like the Epi LP's becuase I'm not spending Gibson money right now.

I would choose the Stargazer over the Mexican Strat, it just really worked for me.

Lastly, I tried a Taylor Custom in Walnut.... oh my god. If there was one thing that I'd always go back to, it was that. I couldn't put it down until I saw the price tag.

I've been drooling over them Taylor solid bodies. :)

Duff
November 23rd, 2008, 05:20 PM
You will get lots of comments on that Blackie LP, guaranteed. My son's LP Studio is black with chrome covered humbuckers and looks awesome, sounds super awesome.

You are going to love that item!

Duffy

oldguy
November 23rd, 2008, 08:32 PM

I'm freaking out!

Good choice!
(and basic black is hard to beat....just ask Strum)
Of course, we'll want pics when it arrives............:)

Suhnton
December 2nd, 2008, 05:04 PM

I'm freaking out!

Very Rock'n'Roll. Nice one.
Looks like Santa's is coming early this year. :)

Glacies
December 3rd, 2008, 07:20 AM
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/glacies_photos/DSC00834.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/glacies_photos/DSC00832.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/glacies_photos/DSC00829.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/glacies_photos/DSC00827.jpg

I got it on Monday but our camera stopped working and our Christmas present to ourselves hasn't arrived yet (Nikon digital), so I had to "borrow" one from work overnight.

Anyway, my fingers are so sore I can barely type with my left hand. This thing is dangerous. Must sound silly to some of you guys, but the quality, tone, sustain, and overall playablity of this instrument compared to what I started with is astromical. I have a completely new style of play and new musical abilities with it.

Now like I told my girl, I gotta learn how to play it.

Right now playing through a Champion 110.

sunvalleylaw
December 3rd, 2008, 08:02 AM
Sweet! Congrats Glacies!

Duff
December 4th, 2008, 12:20 AM
You're going to love that guitar.

Duffy

Katastrophe
December 4th, 2008, 07:04 AM
A good guitar will inspire. Looks like yours is doing it's job!

Congrats, Glacies, looks like a real beauty!

warren0728
December 4th, 2008, 07:07 AM
she's a real beauty....now pic yourself up a small tube amp and you will be in tone heaven!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

peachhead
December 4th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Man, that's awesome. I'm jealous! :drool: