PDA

View Full Version : Rush - New In Town - Cleveland, OH (08-26-1979)

tremoloman
June 6th, 2006, 04:53 AM
"Rush - New In Town - Cleveland, OH (08-26-1979)" (http://www.uploading.com/?get=8A0HEXZC)
Agora Ballroom - Soundboard - 10/10

01 - Donna Halper Interview
02 - Finding My Way
03 - Best I Can
04 - Need Some Love
05 - In The End
06 - Fancy Dancer
07 - In The Mood
08 - Bad Boy
09 - Here Again
10 - Working Man
11 - Drum Solo
12 - What You're Doing
13 - Garden Road

This show was re-broadcasted by cleveland’s 100.7 on Friday, November 10,2000. It represents the complete show recorded on August 26, 1974 from the Agora Ballroom. This is super rare and has absolutely perfect sound quality! Give it a listen and post your comments!

t_ross33
June 6th, 2006, 08:27 AM
ooooooooooo! I'm sooooooo excited! I LOVE RUSH! They are my most favorite-est band of all time. Hey, I'm a Canuck. What can I say, eh?

I'll download this tonight when I have more time (95 MB file). Thanks for the post!

T

Tone2TheBone
June 6th, 2006, 08:34 AM
I hate you guys with fast internet connections....

;)

JLefty
June 6th, 2006, 08:38 AM
I'm DL it right now. I think it takes about 2.5hrs does that sound about right?
I'll give it a listen and get back. thanks, john:)

JLefty
June 6th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Do I need to download a special program to play this type of file??? can't seem to open it?

SuperSwede
June 6th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Change the .7z (or whatever it is) to .mp3 and it will play fine.

tremoloman
June 6th, 2006, 12:20 PM
You guys ovbiously didn't read my previous posts you silly people! :)

You will need a program called 7-Zip to open them. The MP3s are stored in the .7z file. Check out my first couple of posts for the URL. The program is freeware. :)

SuperSwede
June 6th, 2006, 12:33 PM
I renamed it to mp3 and it could be played as a long Mp3.. I thought it was supposed to be that way :P

Anyhow, here is a link to a Mac version of 7-zip
http://sixtyfive.xmgfree.com/

tremoloman
June 6th, 2006, 05:39 PM
You were able to rename the .7z extension to MP3 and it worked? I did use the "store" compression level, so maybe it just stuck it together as 1 file. Wow... that's really weird!

So how did you like the show?

JLefty
June 6th, 2006, 10:04 PM
This is sweet tremoloman awesome sounding ,early Rush
thanks!!!:DR

SuperSwede
June 7th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Yup, it played as a long mp3! I thought you had just been lazy and recorded a LP record from start to finish. ;)

t_ross33
June 10th, 2006, 12:04 AM
:R

t-moman i don't know what to say. That was SWEET! Chills dude. I seriously got chills. I haven't heard Rush sound so ?authentic? Some stuff here that even I have never heard (and I'm a hard-core Rush fan!)

I can hear the transition as Neil Peart's influence over song writing, style and selection takes hold. Neil was definately the catalyst needed to push Geddy and Alex into new musical territory and realize their own potential as musicians and song writers.

Funny that I've never even tried to emulate these guys, my style leans more towards country,country-rock and blues. But I've always held Rush in the highest regard as my favorite band of all time. Thanks again. Keep 'em coming!

Trev

tremoloman
June 12th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Glad you guys like the show. I'll get some more posted this week.

I'll post a show from the Subdivisions tour that has great sound and is very rare. They do a lot of songs you'll never hear them play nowadays. (i.e Countdown, The Camera Eye, etc.)